Page 253 of 655 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 9824

Jean Grey isn’t and shouldn’t be an Omega telepath without the Phoenix Force - not least because she has at least two alt-timeline children that are canonically more powerful than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Jean Grey isn’t and shouldn’t be an Omega telepath without the Phoenix Force - not least because she has at least two alt-timeline children that are canonically more powerful than her.
    X-Man and...? I wouldn't say Rachel is more powerful than Jean, she's same-level at most.

Anyways there can be more than one since Questin is still omega. So it should probably be her AND the Grey-Summers kids if anything but I think Hickman didn't want to clutter the list.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    His point is she’s a television character. She’s get recognition. Same as Northstar. There are popcult staff writers with northstar on google alert. This book is INTENTIONALLY lgbtq. It’ll hit big and wither, like the rest. Most of these books are just testing waters.
    Didn't Gifted get cancelled? I didn't watch it, but..

Look, I'm happy they are trying new things, but I've never been a fan of Polaris, and in the grand scheme of things, neither she nor Rachel are best selling characters. I'm glad Northstar is leading and there are so many bi/gay boys in one book, but it's definitely a risk, especially in the steadily bloating X-Line.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Didn't Gifted get cancelled? I didn't watch it, but..

Look, I'm happy they are trying new things, but I've never been a fan of Polaris, and in the grand scheme of things, neither she nor Rachel are best selling characters. I'm glad Northstar is leading and there are so many bi/gay boys in one book, but it's definitely a risk, especially in the steadily bloating X-Line.
    I’m not saying that Polaris is an A-lister, but the point is that she has some exposure as the headliner of a TV show. And for a show that got two seasons, she has some recognizability to her name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lmao @ thinking that Daken and Maggott are in the same character tier
    No, they aren't on same level. But Daken i sfar away from being a sales success

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You are incorrect, my friend.
    I hope that he was kidding. But if he thinks that is ok break Lois and Clark and then it is ok Jean date Scott whille he is also dating Emma.
    That is toxicity peak on relationships and a bad decision on editorial
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-15-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No, they aren't on same level. But Daken i sfar away from being a sales success
    The discussion is that replacing Maggott with Daken makes no sense because neither are sales draws. In comparison to Maggott, Daken is indeed a sales draw.

The discussion is that replacing Maggott with Daken makes no sense because neither are sales draws. In comparison to Maggott, Daken is indeed a sales draw.
    But isn't it only because of this connection to Wolverine and not anything of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    But isn't it only because of this connection to Wolverine and not anything of himself?
    Yeah, he’s a member of the Wolverine Family. That’s a sales draw.

I’m not saying that Polaris is an A-lister, but the point is that she has some exposure as the headliner of a TV show. And for a show that got two seasons, she has some recognizability to her name.
    As we have seen for two decades now, movies and tv shows these days don't really translate to comics sales. Once upon a time they did(ala X-Men TAS), but not anymore.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Yeah, he’s a member of the Wolverine Family. That’s a sales draw.
    Even better: He's the rebellious member of the already grain-going-against type of family. I'm shocked he's not more popular!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Even better: He's the rebellious member of the already grain-going-against type of family. I'm shocked he's not more popular!
    he is a massive a-hole. That is why Laura i smore popular

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    JDW has said multiple times he loved Morrison's affair that absolutely destroyed and tainted the relationship.
    Not to mention they haven't been together for 14 years, Lois and Clark have been together many times during that time and are currently together.
    He doesn't think it destroyed the relationship.

BANNED

Daken, Adam-X, Maggot, Pixie, Polaris, Rachel are all the same level. What are yall arguing about.

Frankly, it's really Wolverine and then everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I sort of agree, but at the same time there is a lot of evidence in the comics that Xavier was blocking Jean from reaching her full potential. There is also a very good reason Nathan, Nate, and Rachel are all so powerful, it's because their mother was too. If you think about it Telepathy and Telekinesis seem to be dominant mutant traits in bloodlines. All of Jean's potential future children are powerful telepaths and telekinetics.

I do remember a time when Rachel Summers was listed as one of the first Omega mutants a long time ago. At the same time there were hints that Baby Nathan was going to be an Omega too! Nathan technically would be a full out Omega except he has to use a portion of his power at all times to hold the transmode virus in check!

Then of course there is Rachel's future children in alternate timelines with Franklin, at least 3 timelines that I know of, two sons and they both end up being almost godlike in power and villains, and one daughter in another timeline who was an Omega with telepathy and telekinesis like Rachel.

I understand Hickman is trying to streamline the definitions, and perhaps indicate that there are certain mutants who have reached their prime ability as Omega's and they are the ones listed. It could very well be that the reason Rachel didn't make the list is because there is a part of her that is afraid of that power and she tries to avoid pushing her upper limits unless she is under duress. Like waking up in the future in Stryfe's base and nearly killing everyone when she woke up. And Stryfe is a perfect clone of Nathan and he couldn't hold a candle to Rachel when she is angry. Same thing with Quentin, he tried to show off to Rachel in class and she knocked him out and gave him a nosebleed before the end of class.

But Rachel will always check herself when she goes up against Jean, she always surrenders to Jean in every moment where they have face each other telepathically. In some ways that is an emotional and psychological block, Rachel won't use her upper limits unless someone makes her truly angry or they threaten her life!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Unpop opine: "She talked to someone from space" is still nothing to get excited about and there was no constructive reason to downgrade Jean Grey's TK, particularly when that is what she is known for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, it's not something I think we'll be that much of a problem. One of these days DC was "flooding" the market with at least a dozen Batman related books and we're still here. I doubt X-Books will affect things any further.
    There were months in 2019 were 41% of DC's books were Batman-adjacent. And they still managed to be regular fixtures in the top 25 sales.

(And remember that the last succesful Batman movie came out over 7 years ago)