Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Well today was a good day for plotting rectangles

Quote Originally Posted by FredN007 View Post
    Despite what most people here say, I actually liked Scott and Jean together, they were my role models growing up. Liked their relationship in the 90īs, in Morrisonīs run I also liked because, just like any couple, they went through a rough patch but I still believed they were trying to solve things their way. When Jean died, in that run, I think she told Scott to move on because she believed she would not ressurect. If your husband/wife is dying, would they not want you to be happy? Sure, Scott and Emma had a good relationship in Astonishing but I always prefered the Scott and Jean couple. Now that Jean is back, sure, maybe they should be trying to mend whatever faults their relationship has because that is what makes sense. I think that they should not be seeing other people. I know poly works for some people, if they feel ok with it then so be it. I just wish that was not the case with my favourite characters. Also, I am not a big fan of Wolverine. I liked some of his story arcs but I think he gets too much spotlight, and maybe thatīs what made me grow a bit tired of him in the first place. Itīs just my opinion, guys, please donīt hate me
    For me what makes sense is Jean far away from Cyclops

Yeah they poly

Also of course Duggan loves Scemma. I don’t know why I never thought about that, but quality writers support quality ships.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's just another bait
    I'm neutral with Wolverine but did you read Wolverine #1 today? Jean and Wolverine were holding hands and looking at each other romantically. Again nothing wrong with Jean/Logan but at this point it makes no sense to pretend it is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Yeah they poly

Also of course Duggan loves Scemma. I don’t know why I never thought about that, but quality writers support quality ships.
    To be honest I dislike scemma mostly for all the dumping and killing Jean for it, That was so sexist but also for Cyclops, after what happened with Maddie it honestly makes me dislike Cyclops doing something similar again and painting it as romantic. I wonder if scemma fans that are so much into that would like Cyclops doing the same for Emma, I mean it is the kind of man he has become it is only natural.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-19-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm neutral with Wolverine but did you read Wolverine #1 today? Jean and Wolverine were holding hands and looking at each other romantically. Again nothing wrong with Jean/Logan but at this point it makes no sense to pretend it is not happening.
    The text is saying friends. Holding hands is not only a romantic thing.

same for Emma talking about Cyclops, it is clear it is one sided

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wish you were right but i don't think that is the case. Again nothing wrong with Jean/Wolverine, it just feels futile to fight againts something that is happening.

My thoughts exactly. I think anyone assuming romantic subtext is reading too much into it. Jean and Logan have always been friends, even if they weren't romantically involved. She didn't kiss him or do something overt, like she did with Scott in previous issues. She just reminded him that she's his friend. That's it. That's the extent of what the panel indicates.

Same with the Storm/Emma scene. Emma just said she was moved by Storm's speech when Scott came back. That's it. Assuming anything beyond that is assuming too much.

Is it teasing? Probably.

Does the X-Office know they're triggering reactions by leaving things so vague? Definitely.

I don't mind. I think they're finding a solid balance. It makes more sense than love triangles and rivalries, which have done so much damage every character in the past. I think, so long as they continue maintaining that balance, it'll be good for everyone in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wish you were right but i don't think that is the case. Again nothing wrong with Jean/Wolverine, it just feels futile to fight againts something that is happening.
    If they are danicng around it, is because there is nothing. Sales aren't spectacular, so hold information is meaningless.
    I don't dislike Wolverine/Jean that much, but it is another toxic relationship to her. Basiccally keep her tied on the same relationships from 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think anyone assuming romantic subtext is reading too much into it. Jean and Logan have always been friends, even if they weren't romantically involved. She didn't kiss him or do something overt, like she did with Scott in previous issues. She just reminded him that she's his friend. That's it. That's the extent of what the panel indicates.

Same with the Storm/Emma scene. Emma just said she was moved by Storm's speech when Scott came back. That's it. Assuming anything beyond that is assuming too much.

Is it teasing? Probably.

Does the X-Office know they're triggering reactions by leaving things so vague? Definitely.

I don't mind. I think they're finding a solid balance. It makes more sense than love triangles and rivalries, which have done so much damage every character in the past. I think, so long as they continue maintaining that balance, it'll be good for everyone in the long run.
    *two people that have ginormous unresolved sexual and romantic tension are together again, holding hands and getting close with one another to the point that they’re literally sharing a room*

*a scene where Storm says that Emma was probably off at the Summer House where Cyclops would be, followed by the scene where she said her heart swelled when Cyclops came back*

y’all: you’re reading too much into it

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Is it teasing? Probably.

They are teasing, this is true. This is what I call twitter's bait, just a thing to keep people talking about it without ever delivering.

The text is pretty no romantic, only shippers will think holding hands or a speech is even a proof of a romance;.

They are playing well, they know the reactions. DOX lack substance, so some talk gonna do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

The thing about this polyamory thing is that they're obviously hinting at it and they're purposely not explicitly saying it and probably won't say but it's out there! It's happening, we don't need to see it!

BANNED

Jeez, people. You can hold your friend's hand without that meaning yall are sleeping together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

The thing about this polyamory thing is that they're obviously hinting at it and they're purposely not explicitly saying it and probably won't say but it's out there! It's happening, we don't need to see it!
    Today was pretty explicit and just another instance of pretty explicit elements pointing towards what everyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jeez, people. You can hold your friend's hand without that meaning yall are sleeping together.
    Not in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Not for x-men readers LOL

like on the secret they say a redhead and a blonde and everyone thinks is Emma and Jean.