Page 8 of 661 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Earth was odd.

It wasn't just the number of people or their looks. It was their Ki. On Namek, Ki sensing was another fact of life. Everyone was taught when young, and as such, the skill was as natural as breathing for every Namekian. Since it was something everyone could do, it was common sense to avoid bothering others with unnecessarily high Ki. Namekians usually kept their Ki low, especially members of the Warrior Clan. It was also why stronger Namekians tended to favor places in the middle of nowhere to train. There was nothing quite like having a nap ruined because someone decided to really flare their aura.

Earthlings were not like that.

Earthlings did not keep their Ki low, or rather, by large, they did not seem to control their Ki at all. It was really weird. If their Ki was higher, it would probably bother him more. As it was, it remained a simple oddity, a reminder that he wasn't in Namek anymore. Which was the point of this journey.

Slak wondered if it was the same for other tourists. He turned to his companion-

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Start Point 3:

The explosion that rips through Capital City rocks the surrounding place. First Bank, near the outskirts of the city, has just been robbed! At least two dozens armed men came in, blew the vault, and emptied the place out in record time before starting to get into their getaway vehicles. Those that start here were either in the bank when it happened, or near by on the streets as they saw what happened. Law enforcement has yet to arrive at the scene, and the robbers do seem hostile as they have wounded several civilians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The sudden noise and cries of panic were like nails on chalkboard, and she had to resist the urge to flinch away. Judging from the people's reaction, this wasn't some sort of expected occurrence. It seemed like the kind of thing that she normally wouldn't pay attention to, but given the circumstances...

"What do you think?" She turned to her fellow tourist in curiosity, reflexively deferring to his judgment on the matter. "I think I can sense some people fighting there, the locals might be handling it."
    After his initial confusion had lessened enough for him to register he was being asked a question, he frowned and crossed his arms. Jera was right. There were already people fighting there... sort of. Something was off.

"I am not sure how things are done here on Earth," Slak admitted. "This might be butting in, but in Namek, we help out when there is trouble. I am going. Feel free to join, but only if you want to."

His fellow tourist was definitely strong enough to handle herself, but he didn't want to force her into helping out.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-04-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Those in Dusk City:

The eerie sound leads them on closer and closer to town center, until they spot a strange shadowed form with a mysterious pipe at his mouth. The sounds and music are coming from this person, and as he plays, they see two children slowly walking towards the form, their eyes glazed as if in a trance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco came to a stop, the soles of his sneakers skidding harshly across the concrete sidewalk. The sight of the mysterious musician was enough to turn his blood into slush, but the children solidified it into pure ice. To say he regretted running into this situation was an understatement, but one cannot wish away the hornets after shoving one's head into their nest. Out of instinct, the teenager took a defensive fighting stance.

"...man...**** this..." He whispered to himself before speaking aloud, "Who are you? Are the one behind all of this?"
    Ajna blew past both Ishtar and Charco both, rushing to reach the children in an effort to keep them getting near the Piper. Just as he stretched out his hand to grab one by the arm, he had the good sense to reach out with his Empathic ability to the child. They had no way of knowing what was going on here, and while letting the kid get any closer to that guy was clearly may be bad news, it wouldn't do to get sloppy and be affected by some strange infectious ki.
    Last edited by IGee; 01-04-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar

Astonishing Member

Those in the Ship:

As Held gets ready to confront Jinzi, a loom boom can be heard, followed by shrieking. The ship seems to rock ever so slightly, and a panic alarm can be heard ringing throughout the ship. Jinzi curses.

“Damnit, she found me here too?”

He taps a button and starts ordering the captain to keep the civilians safe as he starts leaving the mess hall.
    "What the hell do you mean by that?" Held responded, his calm calculated approach being deflated by the sudden chaos. The implication of a singular person being behind it also did nothing to help soothe his ire.

One of his would be lovers? Or did he screw someone over? I guess Karma comes for us all, sooner or later.

Admittedly, it had more to do with the timing, the waste of such a picture perfect entrance, than any actual threat.

The chaos that was now percolating throughout the ship made it clear the moment was gone, as was the peaceful day he had enjoyed.

He sighed slightly.

I guess I could see what the commotion is....Or better yet...

One should always take a challenge, and find the opportunity within it.

His gloomy mood evaporated, as his more conniving instincts took over.

"I'm not entirely sure what has you so flustered, Mr. Pantaloons." Held called out after him, shouting in his general direction as he followed, "But I'm sure I'd be able to help you out if you're in such dire straights you have to run as soon as you touched down! You seem to have the kind of problem I'm really good at fixing!"

Held wasn't entirely sure what said problem was, but it was easy enough for him to figure out that someone was chasing the billionare, someone he did not want chasing him. That was easy enough for a man of his caliber to handle.

Those by First Bank:

The goon fighting Midori steps back away from her kick, drawing a dangerous looking knife as he does so. Meanwhile, between Shiro and a new stranger (Kai), the bigger hiver’s guns and systems stop working.

The three inside get out and start targeting Shiro, the civilians, and Kai with their guns now.
    Midori frowned at the sight of the dangerous-looking knife, and decided to remove it from play before he tried to attack her with it. So she her eyes began glowing again and she fired precise green laser beams into the blade to either cut through it or melt it.

Shiro meanwhile gave a small growl as these monsters, so like the Blue Devil army from the war in Saito, started firing not just at her and her mysterious new partner, but at innocent people. So she turned her attention to them and began alternating firing her finger beams and eye beams at their hands, looking to completely remove their ability to attack the innocent without killing them.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

?!?!?!!! : His first thought were the kids as he went back to see what he could do, and rich man. Must be tied together.:

“ Who ruined my vacation!?”

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    He was right. She was freezing and really wanted that coat. But, her pride just wouldn't allow her to admit that the bitterly cold air was getting to her. No, I have to be strong. I can't let a little cold air get to me!

"I'm from the planet Vacado, home of the saiyans, the most power beings in the universe." She emphasis, she whipped her long, brown tail a bit before wrapping it around her waist.
    "Vacado? Never heard of it. Congratulations on being dealt a winning hand though, if what you say is true."

Minutes pass and Sarada was beginning to despise her saiyan pride -- momentarily, of course. It wouldn't have killed her to take the coat. Oh, well.

Her scouter beeped. "Something's out there," she spoke, mostly to herself, but loud enough that the others could hear her. Whatever it was, it had a power level that was higher than hers. And higher than the people she was with, all of which were even with her. Seems I made the right decision after all. Her heart started thumping with excitement. "It's strong."

She sounded as excited as she was.
    "If so we'd best try to take it by surprise, quick ambush hit it hard and fast," Jack spat his cigarette out in the snow and stubbed it with a quick stomp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "That is what they all say until someone more powerful comes along. Arrogance is what destroys many races."
    Jack nodded in agreement, "In the end, the House always wins."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Vacado? Never heard of it. Congratulations on being dealt a winning hand though, if what you say is true."
    It was somehow surprising. With as famous as the Saiyan race was in regards to their conquests of other planets, she would have thought that their reputation would have reach the far reached of outer space. Apparently, this rock was out of the loop.

"If so we'd best try to take it by surprise, quick ambush hit it hard and fast," Jack spat his cigarette out in the snow and stubbed it with a quick stomp.
    "Ambush? No, I want to fight it head on." She grinned excitedly. Just thinking about fighting something stronger than her was making her all tingly.

Jack nodded in agreement, "In the end, the House always wins."
    "What house?" she asked with a raises eyebrow.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Ambush? No, I want to fight it head on." She grinned excitedly. Just thinking about fighting something stronger than her was making her all tingly.

"What house?" she asked with a raises eyebrow.
    "The one that holds the cards, Space Girl, the one that holds the cards," Jack said stretching.

"I'd honestly prefer an ambush, but I reckon it might behoove us to stick to single plan even more."

He gestured to the swirling snow in front of them, "After you."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    After his initial confusion had lessened enough for him to register he was being asked a question, he frowned and crossed his arms. Jera was right. There were already people fighting there... sort of. Something was off.

"I am not sure how things are done here on Earth," Slak admitted. "This might be butting in, but in Namek, we help out when there is trouble. I am going. Feel free to join, but only if you want to."

His fellow tourist was definitely strong enough to handle herself, but he didn't want to force her into helping out.
    A predictable answer, but there was nothing wrong with it. According to the theory that she'd been taught, those who were strong or were destined to gain power tended to wrap themselves in ever more elaborate circles of encounters. Or died swiftly. Hopefully Slak was of the former sort, that would be very convenient, and the possibility made it worth attaching herself to him.

Besides, to be honest, she had no plans. Training in some mountain for decades felt thoroughly unappealing.

"I don't sense anything that we wouldn't be able to handle, so I'll do what I can to assist."

There was always the chance that there was some great and invincible threat just hiding itself, but that was the kind of logic that would leave her unable to act at all.

With a nod to further show her agreement, she moved toward the scene alongside him.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"The one that holds the cards, Space Girl, the one that holds the cards," Jack said stretching.

"I'd honestly prefer an ambush, but I reckon it might behoove us to stick to single plan even more."

She had no idea what the hell he meant by "the cards" but it probably wasn't important.

"Fighting head-on is how you get stronger," she noted. She tapped her scouter and scanned the swirling snow to get a lock on whatever was hiding in it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She had no idea what the hell he meant by "the cards" but it probably wasn't important.

"Fighting head-on is how you get stronger," she noted. She tapped her scouter and scanned the swirling snow to get a lock on whatever was hiding in it.
    "You three can deal with whatever that is up ahead as you wish. I intend to get a closer look." With that, Meagan stepped away from them, vanishing from sight as she did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

H

Start Point 4:

North Continent is cold, harsh, and uninviting at the best of times. However, civilization does exist here. Usually located on the coast, these small towns and villages are home to a hardy fishing and hunting people. Recently, however, in the small town of Cask there has been a slew of missing people. Trackers, fisherman, hunters, all gone. Cask, sporting a population of 500 or so, is one of the furthest north towns on North Continent, and the loss of over twenty people has begun to hamper their economy as several of them were important to feeding and protecting the village. Those starting here have only arrived within the last week and have started to hear the rumors of all those missing. The most recent one, just today, is a young child named Rose. She was gathering winter berries for her family and simply disappeared.

Have fun, pick your starting point, and lets play!
    It became something like clock work with enough practice and dedication; just having the right amount of material and supplies before going out into the world. Traveling was an custom Karine's people had taken very seriously as an bench mark to adulthood for a number of reasons. The obvious was meeting new people and experiencing new things but more then that it was felt important to travel out of one's comfort zone and bubble. Karine had traveled before of course, but this would be her longest bout with traveling alone.

Not that she minded. Karine loved the new experiences along with the knowledge of the world she gained. It had made her that much self reliant, and in her opinion that much more of a better person because of those said experiences.

Of course, it did come with its host of downsides. The bitter cold that nipped at her face was an constant annoyance she'd have to deal with as long she was within this small town of Cask. Her sweater, scarf, and gloves only seemed to hinder the cold from everywhere else except her up face. It was, however, an great deal better then the alternative of wearing her usual clothes and freezing to death or coming down dreadfully sick.

She hadn't intended to stay long, not really. There was a few historical facts she could find here at least supposedly and the people, if nothing else seemed friendly enough to warrant staying a bit longer. The Nosferartu only intended to stay that long and be on her way until she hear rumors. Whispers of people vanishing seemingly without a trace. An creature perhaps? Some type of strange serial killer out in the wilds? Regardless of the cause, she couldn't in good conscious just ignore it; the final straw being the news of the young girl gone missing just today. This town lacked any proper police and they seemed rather pushed for funds.

Karine knew she couldn't blame a certain childhood friend for a partial to heroics for this. It was her too, even if she was less..eccentric with it.

With a mental sigh, the young woman resolved herself, red eyes glancing briefly at the people who went about their lives as she strode forward. The first order of business was get an picture of this young 'Rose' girl, there should be something posted on the billboard; the second was to ask around. As loathe as she was to admit it though, the chances of finding them safe were distressingly low on the realistic side. If the cold didn't get them, the creature(assuming it was some type of animal in the first place) or person may have gotten to them by now.

She didn't want to think about it. Having a younger sister, the unofficial case hit a bit too close to home.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 01-04-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Retired Overlord

Start Point 2:

The streets of Dusk City were empty. Eerily empty. Dusk City is not a large place, tucked away at the base of a mountain and surrounded by forests, the city boasts only a population of 2,000 or so. Considering it's so out of the way as to be lost amidst Kame's various city states and kingdoms, Dusk City made itself known by exporting a rare mineral from their mountain found only there and two other places. As such, Dusk City remained small, but productive and well off.

Those starting here have just arrived as the sun begins to set. Dusk City cannot easily be reached via car, so most come in via plane or by walking through the forest. Even at this time of year, the streets should have some life in them (if even just the miners at the local taverns), but nothing keys on the ears. The place just seems.......empty.
    Etrina tapped her foot impatiently, eyeing the empty street in both directions with a growing look of distaste.

The trip to Dusk City was turning into a monumental waste of her valuable time. Getting catalyst material directly from the source had seemed like a rather clever idea when she had it, being able to judge the quality in person, negotiating a good price. The quality of the material went a long way in the success and effect of any resulting experiments, and the rare material extracted in Dusk City had a list of exciting applications that she couldn't wait to start exploring.

But waiting she was. Her contact was nowhere to be seen....and neither was anyone else for that matter. She had been waiting at the requested spot for 30 minutes with not a soul to speak of showing up. Surely a place called Dusk City would have some manner of people milling around after dark.

At the very least her counterpart wasn't hounding her steps for once.....though in a way the silence that came with her absence was all the more unnerving. It was usually the calm before the storm.

Prepared to just call it quits for the night and find the closest place to rest, Etrina let out a sigh and turned too....

To the three gathered in Dusk City, a low whistling sound can be heard. Or perhaps a strum if some sort of instrument. It seems to becoming from further into town.
    "......Oh..?" Etrinas ears perked up at the sound on the wind. Perhaps there was someone around here after all. Starting at a brisk walk she starting heading towards the source, oblivious to the shadow skulking close behind her.

Those in Cask:

The cold is alarming, and seems even more....bitter as they leave town towards the nearest batch of evergreens and the frozen river thereby.

Five, then ten minutes pass as the town falls away from them and they enter the woods. Finally, another few moments pass and the river is seen.

As the move towards it, Sarada’s scouter informs her that something amongst the wind and snow moved, a brief flash of power bigger than her own or her companions, whom she knows now were those strong power levels she saw when landing.
    At a moment's notice, he noticed the feral girl - from space as she proclaimed - turn her attention towards their environment. The peculiar lensed instument upon her face began to beep and click.

Danger, it seems, had found their hunter party of strangers.

"If we're going to work together, then it also behooves us to make ourselves named acquaintances," he said.

"Jack, you've made yourself known. I am Ochazuke. Offworlders?"

He bit his teeth together in the briefest grimace.

"You get stronger, provided your trial doesn't kill you," he said, "there's always somebody else searching to make you their mark."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You three can deal with whatever that is up ahead as you wish. I intend to get a closer look." With that, Meagan stepped away from them, vanishing from sight as she did.
    And without a further noise, the pointy-eared one had erased her presence. Shame, that. He'd brushed her off earlier, but the sincerity of the way she spoke to her intention would be a waste to lose in this world.

One less gathered in the band of wanderers. Silently he crouched and settled into a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    A predictable answer, but there was nothing wrong with it. According to the theory that she'd been taught, those who were strong or were destined to gain power tended to wrap themselves in ever more elaborate circles of encounters. Or died swiftly. Hopefully Slak was of the former sort, that would be very convenient, and the possibility made it worth attaching herself to him.

Besides, to be honest, she had no plans. Training in some mountain for decades felt thoroughly unappealing.

"I don't sense anything that we wouldn't be able to handle, so I'll do what I can to assist."

There was always the chance that there was some great and invincible threat just hiding itself, but that was the kind of logic that would leave her unable to act at all.

With a nod to further show her agreement, she moved toward the scene alongside him.
    Those by First Bank:

The goon fighting Midori steps back away from her kick, drawing a dangerous looking knife as he does so. Meanwhile, between Shiro and a new stranger (Kai), the bigger hiver’s guns and systems stop working.

The three inside get out and start targeting Shiro, the civilians, and Kai with their guns now.
    The whole thing was chaos. There were two females (?) who he could see but whose energy he could not feel fighting. However, there was no time to time to ponder that oddity. One group was aiming their weapons at the people and one was not. That was all Slak needed to know at the moment.

"I'll target the weapons," Slak announced before leaping into action.

His eyes glowed purple before he fired thin beams of Ki at the trio of shooters.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile