Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    To write Constantine you should at least know what a Scouser is. Hellblazer being written by a Brit is a rite of passage and should be used to get new talent into DC.
    So should only Japanese writers write Katana? Only black writers on Black Lightning? How about anyone who can get the character and the voice should write them regardless of where they are from.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-28-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I would prefer him to write whatever he has the best ideas/most passion for. I've never been a fan of shoe-horning writers onto projects they may not have solid ideas in mind for just because it seems like they'd be a good fit. That way lies mediocrity.

He seems to like Superman a lot, so kick Bendis' boring ass off the book and see what King can do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I would prefer him to write whatever he has the best ideas/most passion for. I've never been a fan of shoe-horning writers onto projects they may not have solid ideas in mind for just because it seems like they'd be a good fit. That way lies mediocrity.

He seems to like Superman a lot, so kick Bendis' boring ass off the book and see what King can do.
    '.....but Lois?'
    'I had to, Smallville'
    '...yeah'

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    '.....but Lois?'
    'I had to, Smallville'
    '...yeah'
    Endless barrage of Clark and Lois saying their name .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Endless barrage of Clark and Lois saying their name .
    But would they become "Small" and "Lo"?

Martian Manhunter

Earth 4- the charlton characters earth in multiversity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    So should only Japanese writers write Katana? Only black writers on Black Lightning? How about anyone who can get the character and the voice should write them regardless of where they are from.
    The issue is not everyone is allowed that opportunity.

Because you have some who take issue with a writer who is not of certain demographics being used on certain books.
    Why you would have same scream why can't Priest be the main writer of Batman-you got another faction that would take issue with a black writer on the Batman book. Sometimes that faction includes STORE OWNERS. Who might not order the book.

The other side of the coin is the success of a certain demo on a certain demo book.

Look at Black Panther. All his success has been under black writers. 11 straight years with a solo under Priest & Hudlin. High trade sales under Coates.
    Flipside look at Cyborg-failure as a solo book under 3 different black writers.

As for King going by how he did Heroes in Crisis-give him the Earth 2 cast or Global Guardians. A book where the cast is a clean slate in terms of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I agree.
    Who gets to write a team book? Do you have to have a different writer for each character?
    These aren't autobiographical 'slice-of-life' dramadies. They're superhero comics.

A good writer can write any character, not just the ones they share ethnicity or gender with.
    That's what separates them from 'okay' writers.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Maybe King should go over to Archie Comics and take over Afterlife with Archie?

Bam.

- https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/29/...-ava-duvernay/

Batman Scribe Tom King is Co-Writing New Gods Screenplay with Ava DuVernay

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue is not everyone is allowed that opportunity.

Because you have some who take issue with a writer who is not of certain demographics being used on certain books.
    Why you would have same scream why can't Priest be the main writer of Batman-you got another faction that would take issue with a black writer on the Batman book. Sometimes that faction includes STORE OWNERS. Who might not order the book.

The other side of the coin is the success of a certain demo on a certain demo book.

Look at Black Panther. All his success has been under black writers. 11 straight years with a solo under Priest & Hudlin. High trade sales under Coates.
    Flipside look at Cyborg-failure as a solo book under 3 different black writers.

As for King going by how he did Heroes in Crisis-give him the Earth 2 cast or Global Guardians. A book where the cast is a clean slate in terms of development.
    Probably shouldn’t pander to racists. Black Panther has been successful under black writers, yes but he was created by a white guy. Does that matter? Nope. Anyone who would complain about Batman being written by a black man is a racist. Why would the greater comic book community care about what they have to say? Those are terrible examples to give. Basically you believe that only certain races or genders should be allowed to write certain characters regardless of whether or not so one else could write a great story? No offense but that is some bullshit.

penetrator of things

Tom King should write Resurrection Man.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He seems to like Hal, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he find himself on Green Lantern. After Morrison is done of course.
    He literally just wrote that Hal doesn’t know what “will” is. This is the guy who forged his own ring from pure will. He doesn’t understand the character and should be kept far away from him.

Bruce Timm's JL Gods and monsters.