Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This is awesome!

Well I see Squirrel Girl and Storm!

I hope to see Hollow soon.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-14-2015 at 07:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I gotta say, the new issue had a really bad beginning. It was pointless, and wasted space to do something that really could've been done more quickly.

There were two reasons for She-Hulk being sent through the portal. First, it got the Thors involved. Second, it let her figure out the portal had Arcadian magic. ...
    AND, it possibly gave her clues to who the traitor amongst them was, at least that was my takeaway. Regarding your first comments, I don't feel the same, but already addressed why in my earlier, partial review. I will concede ever so slightly on the bolded part, though.

... The thing is, neither of those required her to go through the portal. The Thors already had an excuse to get involved, just with the portal even being there. ...
    Not if the schemes & machinations of the traitor are instigated by God Doom himself, and the portal was only meant to be one-way. I took it as Valkyrie, Sif, & Gamora figuratively saying to She-Hulk, you should've just stayed in Arcadia like you were supposed to Jennifer, so we wouldn't have to do this.

... As it is, that whole beginning makes little sense. Why was she going through the portal in the first place (and why alone)? And how could she tell that the magic was Arcadian? Does this version of She-Hulk have a background in magic? If so, that seems like the kind of thing that should be mentioned. But it's not explained how she could tell anything about it. ...
    Disagree again, it's simple, to see what was on the other side (and since it was her decision, and there was the chance she might not come back, it was a risk she only wanted for herself... I thought it honorable, very much in character for Jen, and the main reason I'm liking her so much: DECENCY!). On her recognizing - sensing - the source of the magic at work, I just figured it was because she had experienced it before, that it was familiar and... from one of her OWN!

... Once the issue gets back to Arcadia, it's great. Great work. Very tense, very emotional. And Molina's art is great throughout the issue. ...
    NOW we're on the same page Tiamatty, REAL happy to have ya on board!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Adam Hughes A-Force #1 hip hop variant! Omg! Carol f*** Danvers queen! Captain Marvel looks fierce!Attachment 25845
    Love it. Wonder why they keep going back and forth on Dazzler's costume.

BANNED

Rise of the Female Superhero

Brian Prowse-Gany

August 12, 2015

Ever since Superman first burst onto the printed page in 1938, superheroes have become a staple of American storytelling — from comic books and TV shows to blockbuster movies and video games — conquering evil and injustice throughout.

But when you hear the word “superhero,” you probably picture a strapping costumed man swooping in to save the day. However, a new generation of artists and writers are changing that image, responding to the ever-growing number of female fans who want to see their gender reflected in these heroic tales.

From Ms. Marvel to Batgirl, more and more female heroes are breaking through in a big way, redefining the gender roles that, for years, depicted women simply as “damsels in distress.”

With a fan base that’s now 47 percent female, the notion of comic book superheroes being a boys club is now a thing of the past. Publishers like Marvel, DC and Image have answered the demand for more female protagonists, and behind the pages, a new wave of female creators are giving these characters the presence they never had. From writers G. Willow Wilson and Kelly Sue DeConnick to artists like Babs Tarr, the comic book industry has never seemed so diverse.

As many eagerly wait for Hollywood to catch up to comicdom with upcoming films like “Captain Marvel” and “Wonder Woman,” and television shows like “Supergirl,” these comic book creators are ringing in a new golden age for the female superhero, and the world of crime fighting will never be the same.
    Yahoo! News/Katie Couric: Rise of the Female Superhero

I

THIS!

The video is WONDERFUL!

SO much goodness!

MADE my DAY!

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Mayhaps it has something to do with her 616 kidnapping/disappearance/lack of reemerging ?

<shrug>
    Though to be fair, this series does take place in another alternate realm, so any 616 developments probably wouldn't apply to A-Force Janet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A VERY, Very, Very Good Breakdown of the Issue Hero Worship ...
    MUCH thanks CJ, right back at ya! Rest assured, I'll be addressing your response & thoughts on #3 in full, ASAP. In fact, the plan is to use it as a springboard for the balance of my review.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    The writing is pretty poor... but the book is carried by the great cast.
    Eh, to each their own on the first part, we'll just have to agree to disagree. The cast IS great though, full of both innate chemistry & stimulating dynamics - hope the ride NEVER ends!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Adam Hughes A-Force #1 hip hop variant! Omg! Carol f*** Danvers queen! Captain Marvel looks fierce!Attachment 25845
    Nice find MG, but DAMN! Normally, I would friggin' LOVE this, but Dazzler's Bendis DUDs ruin it for me - even AH's magic can't make that look work... it's just HIDEOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Love it. Wonder why they keep going back and forth on Dazzler's costume.
    'Cause this is for the post-SW ongoing, and TRAGICally, they've had Ali decide to keep this ODIOUS ensemble... even AFTER the 8 month gap - Marvel, WTF R U thinkin'?! SO ill-advised, it's absolutely confounding! * Shakes head in disbelief *

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Axel in Charge posted preview of A-Force #4

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    What a pretty preview!

Gotta say I'm lovin' the art for this series.
    Cool-cool-cool, CF298, way to go! Same-same, SLG, BUT... this looks a lil' more - just a lil', mind you - rushed to me, especially the first page. And how much y'all wanna bet that window they're breakin' thru in the last one, is the SAME one... Loki was standing at in ish #3?!... Just a thought...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Cool-cool-cool, CF298, way to go! Same-same, SLG, BUT... this looks a lil' more - just a lil', mind you - rushed to me, especially the first page. And how much y'all wanna bet that window they're breakin' thru in the last one, is the SAME one... Loki was standing at in ish #3?!... Just a thought...
    That could definitely be Loki's window! ;D

Sadly, I don't have a good enough eye for art to say that it might look a little rushed -- it just looks good to me, heh. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    Rise of the Female Superhero

Brian Prowse-Gany

August 12, 2015

Yahoo! News/Katie Couric: Rise of the Female Superhero

I

THIS!

The video is WONDERFUL!

SO much goodness!

MADE my DAY!
    I 125% Co-Sign with your Liking of this Video Hero Worship!!! =D

This was a Great Honor to Watch and Gives me allot of Hope for the Future of Female Heroes that Allot of use love and adore and the Fact that Female Writers and Artist are leading the way is Exceptional!

Honestly, when you think about it, it is is amazing where we are now adays with Female heroes compared to just less then a near half decade ago. I remember reading an article about X-23's Solo being ended/cancelled at the end of 2011 by Marvel and Many in both the industry and outside of the industry where asking if Marvel was becoming to anti-female or not doing enough to push their female heroes. When reading that I was thinking, WOW, I am glad I don't have to go threw that again cause right now Marvel is very much Pro-Female Hero and I am Honored to see it Happen before my eyes!

Some things I like to added to the Video to add to what I think this New Renaissance of Female Heroes means.

1st off........Honestly in the Video.......It did hit me hard to seeing how many women where portrayed in the early and mid 1990's era of comics. Yea, it was not ALL Female hereoes, but to many fell under the Rob Liefeld effect of over the top Sexuality. It makes Men like me who like seeing beautiful adult women acting awesome indeed, but those designs where REALLY sick even for many Men to see going one! It honestly made me feel sick and ashamed to be a comic fan to a degree when I was young and at times today to, it just was a black eye to the Industry. Seeing it heal today the way it has is not just good to help heal that image, not just to bring healing to bring in more female fans both new and veteran alike, but it was also a Big Deal to Men like me that are Very Pro-Strong and Deep Female Heroes!

Their is a whole Generation of Bro's like me that wanted our female heroes to be more then over the top Rob Liefeld pin-ups, but Strong, Lovely and Deep Characters that made use see the richness that we knew that Female Heroes brought to the Fictional Worlds that only THEY could do! It is a Generation of Joss Wheadon Men like me, who think just like Josh Wheadon does; wanting to see these Positive Portrayals of Females being done with Honor and Respect to Advance what many of use knew years ago with how Awesome and Personally Deep these Ladies can really be!

So my point their is that not just Women, but Many Men as well are Celebrating this New Female Renaissance as Well! =)

Also, a VERY Important Side note; in that video where those so-called fans where attacking and all out threatening those Women Creators made me near sick to my Stomach as a Man! THAT is not Fandom.....What that is was Beyond Horrible and those ladies should never have .0000000001% of any of that happen to them at all!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my System.

Finally, on a positive note. I like the Fact that we got a history of how the changing world of female heroes threw the decades helped to inspire young ladies to make the leap into comics and to give those more positive portrayals they wanted to see. While talking about many legends like Wonder Women, Batgirl and Supergirl where important, I feel many others where overlooked during our kid years.

Franchised that had Strong Female Heroes back in the 1990's IMO had a VERY STRONG Impact on the Superhero Gear that also added to this New Renaissance we are being apart of now that effect both Women and Men when we where kids to see that Female Heroes can be Very Cool Too. Characters like Kimberly from Power Rangers, Buffy From Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Female X-Men from the 1992 Animated Series like Storm, Rogue and Jean and Most of All The Anime Legend Sailor Moon!

All of these and more IMO had a Profound Impact on BOTH Women and Men when they where young and growing up that showed the on-set of positive female heroes. This was important to guys like me when I was a kid to show that Women not only can be Kick-A$$ and Cool, but deeper of a character both emotionally and in the sense of growing as a character then their male counterparts, that was what made them awesome to me as a kid! :-)

Really, I felt that should have been added to the video as well, but still, the Video was Awesome! ;-)
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-16-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Adding Picture Link.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Singularity so MOE!
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Is there significance to her "collecting" of these items -- the ribbon, the hair, etc. ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is there significance to her "collecting" of these items -- the ribbon, the hair, etc. ?
    If her teleportation requires some sort of physical connection to the place or person, she might be using them as focus items, allowing her to teleport to She-Hulk and / or Medusa, or teleport them back from elsewhere, if she's using these items to 'get a lock' on something.

It's interesting that not only Singularity is doing this. Before America gets exiled, Loki makes a point of switching an article of clothing with her (although we never did get to see how 'sick' America was going to look in Loki's 'pointy bug-hat.'), so perhaps that sort of detail is going to be a running theme, with different people having items associated with their teammates, for some reason that could range from a plot device (teleport foci) to simple symbolism or a way of suggesting the presence of a character who isn't actually present.

Hmm, in the mobile game Future Fight, her signature power is called spoilers:
    Black Vortex
    end of spoilers.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Hmm, in the mobile game Future Fight, her signature power is called spoilers:
    Black Vortex
    end of spoilers.
    That could definitely be a clue to her origin! Or just a coincidence.

In any case, I'm just glad to see the ladies of A-Force in a game. ^.^ (Even one I refuse to play due to a lack of X-Men characters.)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...l-future-fight

It's a shame they can only be gotten through the PVP arena, though -- I know that even if I played the game, I wouldn't be l33t enough to earn them.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    That could definitely be a clue to her origin! Or just a coincidence.

In any case, I'm just glad to see the ladies of A-Force in a game. ^.^ (Even one I refuse to play due to a lack of X-Men characters.)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...l-future-fight

It's a shame they can only be gotten through the PVP arena, though -- I know that even if I played the game, I wouldn't be l33t enough to earn them.
    They also appeared in flash sale with crystals (usually 1 bio :16 crystals rate).

Wait long enough they will definitely be available for the free "3 stars hero selector" awarded by beating the fifth story mission.