View Poll Results: Which are your favorite parts of X-Men '92?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee is an X-Man again

10 43.48%
  • Jubilee and Wolverine in rollerblades

5 21.74%
  • Jono and Jubes go on a date

9 39.13%
  • Ms. St. Croix gives Beast attitude

6 26.09%
  • Jono's occasional one-liners

6 26.09%
  • Skin and Synch are alive

10 43.48%
  • Penance and Blink are back

9 39.13%
  • Artie and Leech are on Earth

2 8.70%
  • Gen X kids learn how to hotwire a car

2 8.70%
  • Debut of Dracula '92 and Vampire Lee '92

5 21.74%
  • Gen X uniforms... Gen X uniforms everywhere!

8 34.78%
  • "Those NEW KIDS are gonna have it ROUGHER than a HICKORY SWITCH!"

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Default Happy Generation X Month! (2016)

http://blithefool.deviantart.com/art...hoto-578861603

Welcome to April 2016, the very first Generation X Month since the rebirth of the Multiverse!

Because there doesn't seem to be much in the way of Generation X on Prime Earth -- and indeed all of mutantkind seems to be in dire straits there -- I thought we could talk about Generation X in X-Men '92.

The first day of school started off with a bang and ended with a date. The addition of X-Statix kids to the school means new and unexpected friendships and rivalries will develop over the course of the series. And though the students may not be the focus of X-Men '92 (that is and always will be the X-Men), I'm personally just glad to see the gang back together again.

With only one issue of the new X-Men '92 series out so far, I couldn't think of enough to fill out the poll to its maximum of 15 options, but issue #2 will come out April 13th, well within Generation X Month! :-)

Generation X Month is a celebration of all things Generation X, whether that's Earth-616, Prime Earth, '92niverse, etc. so feel free to talk about whatever future Generation X speculation you have or aspects of it you loved back in the day, etc.

X-Men '92 #3 - to be released May 4th

Here are some links for reference:
    X-Men '92 #1 CBR review
    X-Men '92 ComicVine Page
    June 2016 Marvel solicitations (for more information on upcoming issues of X-Men '92)
    Generation X Appreciation Thread (it also notes the past years Gen X Month was celebrated)

Happy Generation X Month, everybody! Welcome to the first hurrah of the '92niverse!

Gambit imparting important life lessons at the end of the X-Men '92 Secret Wars mini
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I'll be getting issue #1 in a couple hours on my way to the Gem City Comic Con! While I wasn't as invested in Generation X quite as much as X-Men in the 90s, I am still excited to see more of them (and I hope Banshee appears at some point too). For now I just voted that I am glad that they kept their original uniforms.

As a side note, I had no idea that issues were not being spaced out a whole month apart. I was sure #2 didnt release until April 27th, so thats pretty cool!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I'll be getting issue #1 in a couple hours on my way to the Gem City Comic Con! While I wasn't as invested in Generation X quite as much as X-Men in the 90s, I am still excited to see more of them (and I hope Banshee appears at some point too). For now I just voted that I am glad that they kept their original uniforms.

As a side note, I had no idea that issues were not being spaced out a whole month apart. I was sure #2 didnt release until April 27th, so thats pretty cool!
    Very cool -- my physical copy finally arrived yesterday and it is so much better reading a comic you can hold in your hands. Hope you enjoy it and have fun at the Comic Con!

And yup, it says Apr. 13 for #2 right now, so let's hope there are no delays. ;D

I'd like Banshee, Siryn, and Emma Frost to show up at some point... not necessarily all as good guys, hah. We have enough of those in this series already. Maybe Siryn could be with Juggernaut and Black Tom -- or a part of Emma's Hellions. I know they keep saying they don't want this series to just be a re-telling of what's already come before, but I don't tend to be that creative with my nostalgia trips. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

BANNED

Penance and Blink and especially Penance is back!

Love this Blithefool art. Love how you can tell the characters personality through just their clothes and postures.

Would you all like to see the Gen Xers in the New Mutants movie? I think they deserve another chance at their own movie or tv series but I have a feeling with Banshee & Emma supposedly dead and Jubilee showing up in the wrong time period that Fox doesn't consider Generation X a viable franchise as a team. I expect to see many of the other characters show up scattered in future films.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

Love this Blithefool art. Love how you can tell the characters personality through just their clothes and postures.

Would you all like to see the Gen Xers in the New Mutants movie? I think they deserve another chance at their own movie or tv series but I have a feeling with Banshee & Emma supposedly dead and Jubilee showing up in the wrong time period that Fox doesn't consider Generation X a viable franchise as a team. I expect to see many of the other characters show up scattered in future films.
    Yeah that's a very interesting piece. Love the diversity on the team, even though I wish Hollow was there.

I think Generation X can work in a NM film. Maybe do some changing and make the cast of Generation X Emma's Hellions, and they serve as a rival to the New Mutants. (The original Hellions were way to obscure. The real only good ones were Roulette, Tarot and Catseye) I think that would work well for a sequel film depending if this NM film does well.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

if Fox want to make it the next YA franchise they are gonna need a rival team, the Gen Xers with some Hellions would do nicely. Just as long as they arent one note bad kids.
    Id make it:
    Empath
    Tarot
    Catseye
    Chamber
    Monet
    Mondo

Would give my right nut for some Catseye to appear. Now that I think about it. I wonder what Emma is doing in 92.

My movie/92 Hellions would be
    Torres
    Marrow
    Catseye
    Vincente
    Caliban
    Rictor
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 04-02-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I voted for Skin and Synch being alive. I still remember when i first heard of Gen X it was in a promotional for upcoming X-books. I was intrigued by what i heard. That first issue of the Phalanx Covenant set the tone. Once the first issue of Gen X came out i was hooked. I am glad they are getting some exposure.

Agreed, their personalities are further demonstrated through what they choose to wear, that's the way it should always be in x-books, as it helps tell them apart. Of course, that was never particularly a problem with Generation X, as it was such a diverse cast. I guess there might've been a few times I wasn't sure if I was looking at Paige or Emma, though... particularly during the Dodson era, hah.

I would love to see Generation X show up in a "New Mutants" movie, since that term can be non-specific (they're all new and they're all mutants) -- and since I really just want Generation X to finally show up at all and overwrite that other horrid movie -- but I don't see it happening. Ideally, I'd like them to have their own movie, a proper movie set in the '90s, that would serve as a sequel to New Mutants, and Jubilee could be in both movies. Don't ask me how she wouldn't age much between the '80s and the '90s, just like no one should be asking how Xavier, Beast, etc. have all managed to look in the '80s exactly like they did in the '60s. Sliding time scale, babe. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yeah that's a very interesting piece. Love the diversity on the team, even though I wish Hollow was there.

I think Generation X can work in a NM film. Maybe do some changing and make the cast of Generation X Emma's Hellions, and they serve as a rival to the New Mutants. (The original Hellions were way to obscure. The real only good ones were Roulette, Tarot and Catseye) I think that would work well for a sequel film depending if this NM film does well.
    Hmm, now that's a great idea! ;D Many of them having freakish powers would help sell them as the "bad guy" (as far as the audience is concerned) rivals who, as it turns out, maybe aren't so bad, but just trained to be more ruthless thanks to Emma leading them. Emma has been shattered in diamond form and brought back to life in the comics before, right? So I think they could bring her back for the movies if they really wanted to.

As for Penance/Hollow not being in the BlitheFool art, I agree that it would be nice to see her there, but at least BlitheFool has drawn Penance before, a few different times. Here's one such piece of artwork:

She has elfish ears in that pic, hehe. <3

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Would give my right nut for some Catseye to appear. Now that I think about it. I wonder what Emma is doing in 92.

My movie/92 Hellions would be
    Torres
    Marrow
    Catseye
    Vincente
    Caliban
    Rictor

Nice call on including Tores -- that would lead to some fantastic Skin vs. Tores drama! I'd like to see Vincente there, as well... maybe that's why they didn't include him in the school in '92... though they may've also just forgotten about him. It seems they mostly only remembered Gen X and X-Statix.

Emma's Movie Hellions:
    Tores
    Vincente
    Penance
    Chamber
    Husk
    Skin
    Monet

Maybe not the best line-up, but I can't help wanting to see Gen X on the big screen, hah. Synch is a little too heroic to ever imagine being one of Emma's Hellions and of course Jubilee wouldn't be there. The rest of them have freaky/gross powers and/or the moral flexibility to possibly be molded into Emma's Hellions. I suppose Mondo could be there, too, but he seems excessive after all these other freaky powers and possibly over-powered for this particular team. Wouldn't want him to outshine the likes of Monet or Penance. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I voted for Skin and Synch being alive. I still remember when i first heard of Gen X it was in a promotional for upcoming X-books. I was intrigued by what i heard. That first issue of the Phalanx Covenant set the tone. Once the first issue of Gen X came out i was hooked. I am glad they are getting some exposure.
    That poll option is currently leading the poll with 7 votes!

I agree. Skin and Synch deserve to be alive somewhere and if Marvel's got no interest in reviving them on Prime Earth (despite the fact that they know not one but TWO reality-warpers who could make it happen... one of whom had a hand in creating Prime Earth), then it should at least be in an alternate reality.
    Prεtty Pεnny

look what popped up on tumblr today

http://imakefireinthesky.tumblr.com/post/142041565309

http://conradjavierartblog.blogspot....-was-born.html

Hah! That Jonilee or "Juno" pic is so Buffy. It's great. ...Yes I'm cheating with which Buffy I'm using, it's not the one from the original 1992 BtVS movie poster, hah.

Of course, now I want to see BtVS redone with Gen X characters. The TV show, not the movie, though Skin would definitely be Luke Perry's sketchy friend who gets turned into a vampire, hah.

X-Men '92 #2 preview - got to wait till April 13th to read it.

X-Men '92 #3 unlettered preview is up, too, but no GenXers in the preview.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-09-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

X-Men '92 #2:

Skin, Synch, Husk, and Chamber all get lines, while Jubilee gets a development that was spoiled with really pretty cover art for issue #3, heh.

Oh, and Monet declares herself Student Body President.

So, overall, a good issue for Generation X fans!

Prεtty Pεnny

Im amazed the Gen Xers are getting so much dialogue considering they're meant to be background characters. I really wish this was an animated series...

so if you could bring one dead/limboed Gen-Xer back who would you bring.
    Id bring either Penny or Synch. Especially Synch, we really need him right now...

I would love any limbo/dead character to come back. But c'mon what I really need is some Banshee.