Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Incidentally, two of the top lawyers who work for the government have resigned over this and the Health Secretary has now said live on radio that he's comfortable with the government breaking the law.

I mean, this is just getting bloody silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll not go on much because I know Guy gets antsy when we talk about politics.

But...

I did not expect, even without the supremely terrible the current administration in my country is, that the UK government would openly announce their intention to breach international law in parliament and thereby not only practically assure a No Deal Brexit but also cripple our ability to make international trade deals for years to come.

Like, I knew that Johnson was a feckless, idiotic, workshy, puppet in the hands of Dominic Cummings but I didn't think he would be this incompetent. But then, perhaps I can't blame him. Who could have predicted that getting into office riding a wave of mindless nationalism and the promise to deliver a good version of something that would be, by all reasonable projections, really bad for the country would put you in such a bad position in terms of governance.

Man.

I'd like to hit him and his whole useless cabinet with rake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Incidentally, two of the top lawyers who work for the government have resigned over this and the Health Secretary has now said live on radio that he's comfortable with the government breaking the law.

I mean, this is just getting bloody silly.
    Yeah, but Matt Hancock’s already proven himself to be an impotent mouth-piece for the turd puppet that is Johnson.

I mean we’re getting into meta-levels of puppetry, with NHS spokespeople being puppets for Hancock who is a puppet for Johnson whose strings are in turn being pulled by Cummings. It’s very intricate.

But are you really surprised at this Nik? This is the feckless buffoon who lied to the Queen and tried to dissolve Parliament to let him pass whatever laws he wanted regarding Brexit until the Supreme Court said “Err... no.”

Its also the bumbling twat who bragged to the nation at the start of COVID that he’d been round a COVID ward in a hospital shaking everyone’s hand as was totally fine. Until he got COVID.

It’s also the cretin who refused to censure in any way Cummings when he broke just about every rule in the COVID self-isolation book while still spreading the message to everyone else that they needed to obey those rules. Meaning either: a) He doesn’t know how to run a country without Cummings; b) He doesn’t know how to control his party without Cummings; or c) Cummings has so much crap on Johnson that he could expose him at any time. Any of those means that the waffling prick, like each of his suits, is ill-fitted for the task he’s been given.

He’s like a Black Mirror version of Charlie Chaplin’s Great Dictator. One is a clown with silly hair impersonating an insidious dictator in an intelligent piece of comedy fiction. The other is an insidious dictator with silly hair impersonating a clown in a horrifyingly serious reality.
    Last edited by Beadle; 09-09-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, but Matt Hancock’s already proven himself to be an impotent mouth-piece for the turd puppet that is Johnson.

I mean we’re getting into meta-levels of puppetry, with NHS spokespeople being puppets for Hancock who is a puppet for Johnson whose strings are in turn being pulled by Cummings. It’s very intricate.

But are you really surprised at this Nik? This is the feckless buffoon who lied to the Queen and tried to dissolve Parliament to let him pass whatever laws he wanted regarding Brexit until the Supreme Court said “Err... no.”

Its also the bumbling twat who bragged to the nation at the start of COVID that he’d been round a COVID ward in a hospital shaking everyone’s hand as was totally fine. Until he got COVID.

It’s also the cretin who refused to censure in any way Cummings when he broke just about every rule in the COVID self-isolation book while still spreading the message to everyone else that they needed to obey those rules. Meaning either: a) He doesn’t know how to run a country without Cummings; b) He doesn’t know how to control his party with Cummings; or c) Cummings has so much crap on Johnson that he could expose him at any time. Any of those means that the waffling prick, like each of his suits, is ill-fitted for the task he’s been given.

He’s like a Black Mirror version of Charlie Chaplin’s Great Dictator. One is a clown with silly hair impersonating an insidious dictator in an intelligent piece of comedy fiction. The other is an insidious dictator with silly hair impersonating a clown in a horrifyingly serious reality.
    I am so curious as to what Cummings has on Johnson.

He must have something, surely? Ever since the whole Barnham Castle debacle, I cannot fathom why he wouldn't cut him loose. The amount of PR damage and how weak and ineffective it makes the Prime Minister look must outweigh any strategic knowledge or value Cummings has to the administration. There must be some kind of blackmail thing or something going on here.

We know Johnson isn't loyal, he's gleefully stabbed multiple people in the back in the pursuit of his political ambitions. Why not Cummings? What could he have on him? We all know about his illegitimate children, his open corruption is a matter of public record (Garden Bridge anyone?) and he's U-turned on and/or bungled almost every major political decision he's made as part of his administration.

Somewhere in the region of 40 - 60 thousand people are dead from COVID on his watch and his decisions decimated our care homes. What on earth could Cummings have on him that is worse than all that?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-09-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Well it looks better than the David Lynch / Sting version.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Well it looks better than the David Lynch / Sting version.
    quite the hurdle to over come

no I'm actually somewhat optimistic about it now, the look matches what my mind thinks Dune should look like at the very least, and they seem to be embracing the epic nature of the story

quite the hurdle to over come
    More of a speedbump than a hurdle.

no I'm actually somewhat optimistic about it now, the look matches what my mind thinks Dune should look like at the very least, and they seem to be embracing the epic nature of the story
    Yeah, there’s definitely a bit more sweeping grandeur about it.

Considering I am a Dune fanboy and saw the trailer. I have a huge sense of joy. It may work, that I am hoping on.

Also got into Foundation which is getting screen attention.

Read the latest One Punch Man chapter, and all I can say is

spoilers:
    Got-damn Tatsumaki, wringing every drop out of the giant eldritch horror. Also, look at Genos being a team player and opening up a moment so Tatsumaki could finish rescuing the heroes, allowing her to put her full attention on Psykos.
    end of spoilers

And you know, considering everything in the Murata-drawn version of OPM, I bet that the only reason that Saitama doesn't fly is because he's just never actually tried.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Looks great!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

New Kengan Omega out. And the rules silliness continues, which hopefully won't perpetuate the trend of the good guys being 'better fighters' but the bad guys winning via rules exploitation.

I AM interested to see the new Fang, and what the writer has in store for him...especially given his size.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

New Kengan chapter is out and I’ve been waiting to see how these characters fight.