Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, he turned evil cause someone more important died, wally west. "man of steel??? feet of lead". I mean, losing the one you love is nothing compared to losing the goof ball you race around with.
    I feel like Flash's death was more like the last straw, that Clark was already thinking about turning. When he kills Luthor is in a more cold manner than when Injustice Superman kills the Joker, for example. Also, usually when Lois dies, the writers work on the presumption that he went crazy because of her and Superman needs emotional connection to no go evil, while the Justice Lord Superman changes with Lois still alive.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I feel like Flash's death was more like the last straw, that Clark was already thinking about turning. When he kills Luthor is in a more cold manner than when Injustice Superman kills the Joker, for example. Also, usually when Lois dies, the writers work on the presumption that he went crazy because of her and Superman needs emotional connection to no go evil, while the Justice Lord Superman changes with Lois still alive.
    The thing about that kill is, clark actually looks like darkseid.Clark's real struggle was him questioning whether he was actually doing what's right or what appears to be right for the masses. While the justice lord was actually doing it for the masses and let go of that. The real superman wasn't. Even though acceptance is what clark craved more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It helps that he did turn evil on his own, and not because Lois died or he wasn't capable of handle Joker "craziness". He just got tired of just trying to help and decided to take over.
    Guess they had to think of something different since they already went with that in one of the STAS episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Well, his competitions are Ultraman and Injustice Superman. It's not even a contest imo.
    Well, yeah. The DC fanfic someone wrote when they were 13 is better than Injustice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Oh the Justice Lord's costume is nice too. Too bad, like Superman TAS, his character is butchered to make him unlikeable.
    Tangent: What made TAS Superman unlikeable?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The thing about that kill is, clark actually looks like darkseid.Clark's real struggle was him questioning whether he was actually doing what's right or what appears to be right for the masses. While the justice lord was actually doing it for the masses and let go of that. The real superman wasn't. Even though acceptance is what clark craved more than anything.
    Overall, it seemed like Lord Superman was punishing the masses for electing Luthor despite how evil he was. He basically lost all faith that they could take care of themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's not that he is unlikeable in a hate kind of way, but it's more he is so bland that he is unlikeable and boring. I believe that it's because Bruce Timm and Paul Dini emphasize his good nature too much and not really shown him at his more into the comic way like Batman. So his character is, to be honest butchered from the comic where his roughness is thrown into somewhere else and his boyscout nature is shown that makes him really unlikeable because of his two goodyshoes are emphasized.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Overall, it seemed like Lord Superman was punishing the masses for electing Luthor despite how evil he was. He basically lost all faith that they could take care of themselves.
    Hubris speech was exactly about that. The real Clark actually learned not to treat people like a sky father would. The reason why tas superman wasn't that well received like btas is because superman himself lacked a grounded wisdom and intelligence to him. There is also the fact that timm didn't know the true ins and outs of the character like the clumsy clark kent routine and humour actually helping people. Clark seemingly not understanding the fact that he himself is a vigilante while accusing batman of being the same. Many a times he felt like an out of touch guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ... what? What the heck?
    I was joking, implying that none of the trunkless looks really stand up to the look with the trunks.

As someone already said, a lot of it is that it seems they just remove the trunks without much else being different. Also, psychologically, we know about the trunks. Their absence makes it feel something is missing. It also creates too much blue by not breaking it up. We could say the same about the Flash and his mostly red costume but, again, we are used to seeing the tights with Superman. It doesn't seem to matter as much with Batman because his costume is dark. But it matters more with Superman and his brightly colored costume. If it is not brightly colored, that's an issue in itself.

Personally, the trunkless costume I've liked best is the Superboy costume from the current Legion of Super-Heroes. It has a good mixture of colors and designs that makes it a good costume in itself and not just like something is missing.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This right here. Whew, it just works.

I like the trunks because it stops the overwhelming blue so when it disappears I just don't like any variation of it besides the one above. Not one color is overshadowing each other. The red is barely there but it makes the costume pop. The red eyes work. Honestly this is one of my favorite costume. If I got to write Supes for one arc I would steal this costume lmao.
    I think the only issue I have with that is that, yes, it's cool looking in a modern "Let's all wear black" way but it's just not Superman unless it's some alternate reality version. I've seen images of Henry Cavill in the black suit and, again, it looks awesome. But, again, it just feeds into that "Oh, another Superman who isn't really Superman" feeling.

Not criticizing the visuals because it looks great.

Duplicate post.

Not unlikable, just missing something. A lot of it still works, though. The trouble is that most modern and semi-modern media takes on Superman are usually more influenced by aspects of other media takes, as opposed to the comics. Lois & Clark might have been the one to kinda break that at times. Almost all of the borrow from Donner - most of them borrow heavily. Which would be fine for most things, but it seems like they always are drawn to this "sent for a greater purpose" idea like a moth to a flame... and, to varying degrees, they always get burned by it.

If writers of TV/movies had more respect for the comics and shied away from the "purpose" flame, I think they'd be better for it. Of if they do run with it, make his realization a juxtaposition; they may have thought he had a purpose, but *he* chooses for himself who and what he is, every day - just like everybody else. That would have more power, I think, and give the writers a clearer head.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This right here. Whew, it just works.

I haven't watched this cartoon, but I like the belt design--which is similar to the classic belt. I don't much care for the symbol-cape thing. That originated with the One Million Superman, didn't it?

Modern comic book artists have lost the ability to draw belts. You look at any current super-hero and the belts are verschwerdungenung uselessnesses that no one should be caught dead in.

Is there any fan art of the Justice Lord's superman suit with red instead of white?

I like the electric suit. Fight me.

But also, I really love that Justice Lords suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    I like the electric suit. Fight me.
    The blue one is cool, but the red one is hot trash.