Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There has been lot of grumbling about how those who have not been held to account are in leadership positions on Krakoa.

Well...

Accountability just rang the doorbell.
    Which makes me question when does this take place given that Shaw is still there and seems to act like it is business as usual. Then again for all we know this happens after Kitty gets her revenge and eh simple doesn't give a damn either way or before it...and still doesn't give a damn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Don’t tell me Banshee is being written out AGAIN...
    I’m curious about Unus cause they went out of their way to show they couldn’t kill him and are holding in place with sticks. Where the hell is that going?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Which makes me question when does this take place given that Shaw is still there and seems to act like it is business as usual. Then again for all we know this happens after Kitty gets her revenge and eh simple doesn't give a damn either way or before it...and still doesn't give a damn.
    It’s before but I don’t believe Shaw will be punished it’s to obvious and Xavier wants him there

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again, read The Rise Of Apocalypse.

The idea that he has "Never..." been who this person is only true for as long as you are willing to set aside that it is right there plain as day in his origin story.
    Also, you know, the fact he never actually met his children in regular 616 continuity (not counting that mini set in the past), and is meeting them for the first time in millenia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, you know, the fact he never actually met his children in regular 616 continuity (not counting that mini set in the past), and is meeting them for the first time in millenia.
    It’s a retcon and a dumb one at that being his son genocide isn’t even in the story. But apparently dox is a perfect flawless story and will exist for forever and become a movie and be translated directly into the mcu. Despite the fact the entire 15 book storyline is clearly temporary and setting up another reboot. But who cares about logic? Or story structure? Don’t think consume product and then praise product. Krakoa is so original because it’s altered carbon with the X-men! THATS ORIGINAL!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Destiny and Ruth are dead. With a resurrection queue of 200 years, its easy enough to put them on the backburner and not garner much attention from anyone, although Mystique is getting restless. There is no law that says that precog mutants cant live on Krakoa and Xavier extended his invite to all mutants. There is no valid reason to deny her and that would be a big red flag especially consider the other characters living there. Moira may have had a request but she has no actual to prevent this stuff
    200 years and Emma managed to get Jumbo Frakken Carnation brought back?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Less that and more how he's changed since Age of X-Man, had we not see how Big Nate changed him and how he actually came to love for Genesis as a son (whereas before he could care less if Genocide lived or died) and seen his purpose fulfilled with mutants as the strong, then it makes sense that he would find himself regretful over leaving the First Horsemen in Amenth for thousands of years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    It’s a retcon and a dumb one at that being his son genocide isn’t even in the story. But apparently dox is a perfect flawless story and will exist for forever and become a movie and be translated directly into the mcu. Despite the fact the entire 15 book storyline is clearly temporary and setting up another reboot. But who cares about logic? Or story structure? Don’t think consume product and then praise product. Krakoa is so original because it’s altered carbon with the X-men! THATS ORIGINAL!
    Oh wow the cynicism and the hyperbole is practically dripping out of my phone lmao and yeah popular stories and stories that are well-received usually get adapted into the movies.

As for the rest of your rant over you're clearly having some sort of issue over the success of Hickman's run so what is it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    200 years and Emma managed to get Jumbo Frakken Carnation brought back?
    Those two statements aren't contradictory there's a specific reason why Xavier and Magneto don't want Destiny and other precogs Resurrected

She brought it because she is clearly helping them build nimrod which is the best twist of the story because it showed that Moria was wrong about something. Spent her entire 9th life trying to learn the day nimrod was made but never learned the how. It brings all her knowledge including her fatalism into question and I feel the big twist is that mutants always lose because of Moira
    Mutants lost in all of moira's past life because she kept creating self fulfilling prophecies over and over again and I think that's why she wanted no precogs. I don't think destiny told mystique to pull a cassandra nova and help the orchis bull nimrods but rather so she mystique can still one or some blueprints or something so they can use themselves against their enemies but of course its going to backfire because an a bomb is still an a bomb no matter who uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Those two statements aren't contradictory there's a specific reason why Xavier and Magneto don't want Destiny and other precogs Resurrected
    Yeah and the reason is moira. In x-men #4 you could how for xavier and especially magneto it didn't really make a difference for them if precogs are allowed on the island while moira was very adamant about not resurrecting destiny. I think part of the reason for moira is also because destiny killed her and not just because she'll be able to tell krakoa is just a temporarily safe haven for mutantkind.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 09-23-2020 at 08:56 PM.

BANNED

Oh wow the cynicism and the hyperbole is practically dripping out of my phone lmao and yeah popular stories and stories that are well-received usually get adapted into the movies.

As for the rest of your rant over you're clearly having some sort of issue over the success of Hickman's run so what is it?
    Because unlike you am actually a huge fan of Hickman and read his entire indie run including transhuman the book he made mocking the X-men and the Manhattan project his book mocking science fiction as a whole. I actually get this story I understand it’s a tragedy because Hickman only writes two stories tragedies and satires. And I am looking forward to seeing the complex machine he has built be taken apart peace by piece like he did in Pax Romana and red mass for mars. I don’t get how you people who say you love Hickman don’t know anything about his books or works or themes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Mutants lost in all of moira's past life because she kept creating self fulfilling prophecies over and over again and I think that's why she wanted no precogs. I don't think destiny told mystique to pull a cassandra nova and help the orchis bull nimrods but rather so she mystique can still one or some blueprints or something so they can use themselves against their enemies but of course its going to backfire because an a bomb is still an a bomb no matter who uses it.

Yeah and the reason is moira. In x-men #4 you could how for xavier and especially magneto it didn't really make a difference for them if precogs are allowed on the island while moira was very adamant about not resurrecting destiny. I think part of the reason for moira is also because destiny killed her and not just because she'll be able to tell krakoa is just a temporarily safe haven for mutantkind.
    I never said destiny told her to build nimrod she told her “bring me back or burn it down” nimrod is a resurrection just as real as the five mystic may help cause they will help her bring destiny back or she may help them just to burn krakoa down like destiny said. Either works

BANNED

I never said destiny told her to build nimrod she told her “bring me back or burn it down” nimrod is a resurrection just as real as the five mystic may help cause they will help her bring destiny back or she may help them just to burn krakoa down like destiny said. Either works
    Also in X-men 4 Xavier and magneto are such hypocrites yelling about how orchis has hydra members while one of the captains of Krakoa was a literal head of hydra. Like how that’s just fine now. I guess it’s ok to be a Nazi if your also a member of a minority the Nazis don’t like lol

Astonishing Member

Because unlike you am actually a huge fan of Hickman and read his entire indie run including transhuman the book he made mocking the X-men and the Manhattan project his book mocking science fiction as a whole. I actually get this story I understand it’s a tragedy because Hickman only writes two stories tragedies and satires. And I am looking forward to seeing the complex machine he has built be taken apart peace by piece like he did in Pax Romana and red mass for mars. I don’t get how you people who say you love Hickman don’t know anything about his books or works or themes?
    Alright let's cut the condescending tone why don't we. And let's stick to the facts and the facts are you have absolutely no idea what his intentions are with this story because you haven't read the finish line yet just like none of us have you may have an idea based on his previous works but you also seem to be ignorant of being a fan of his work is that Hickman is a fan of red herrings making his story seem like it's going to end one way when it ends another. And none of what you presented as patterns of anything to do with his story structure which you criticized in your previous post. Bottom line is you've come into this thread with nothing but assumptions and a general dislike of how Hickman is telling his story.

Also in X-men 4 Xavier and magneto are such hypocrites yelling about how orchis has hydra members while one of the captains of Krakoa was a literal head of hydra. Like how that’s just fine now. I guess it’s ok to be a Nazi if your also a member of a minority the Nazis don’t like lol
    I mean its not really comparable. Gordon is on krakoa because of some "keep your friends close and your enemy closer" and is somewhat reformed while orchis are building weapons of mass destruction especially made to wipe out mutants.