Page 502 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That has a possibility to stack infinitely. Since she gets more powerful the faster she gets, and all DBZ characters get faster the more powerful they get... you get where I'm going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also like ... how is she going to move faster here ?

Like she just starts running and the act of running makes her stronger, which means she can run faster, which means she gets stronger, etc, etc ?
    Good points, thanks for the feedback. I'm not committed to it yet, so I'll think on it. If I can't find a way to make it work without that problem, I'll drop the idea. .

edit: Maybe I should make it - The faster her opponent moves, the more powerful she becomes. If the other's speed feeds her power like water or air hitting a turbine, it could force her opponents to slow down. Either that, or she gets a powerboost.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-23-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hey someone mind telling me where Cyanna is right now in the RPG?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Hey someone mind telling me where Cyanna is right now in the RPG?
    She's taking cooking lessons from Zaofan, in the kitchen.

I've wanted to use the Nine-Toothed Rake for... pretty much the entire game, so I figured 'what the hell' and just busted it out for this, lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Ok, lets see if I can't shuffle things around here.

Moved to Passive Skills
    Outsider Perception
    Empty Empowerment

And two skills to replace...

Void Typhoon - By opening venting units in her arms for a brief moment and spinning at high velocity, Cthylla produces a vortex of Void energy that emits a brief but strong pull matter in the immediate area around her, be it physical or energy. Once trapped in the vortex objects and energy cannot escape until the vortex destabilizes, and will be bombarded with damaging void energy while trapped. After 10 seconds the vortex will destabilize and detonate in a massive explosion.

Magical Conversion - Cthylla can convert the energy from spellwork cast directly on her into additional power for a brief period. Spells hitting her will lose a quarter of their power, and in return will raise Cthyllas PL by 20% of its base.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The second of Sarada's new techs:

Peerless Instinct: Through repeated use during battle and training, Instinctual Acuity has naturally evolved into Peerless Instinct. When this technique is active, both facets of Instinctual Acuity operate at the same time. This technique lasts for 7 posts.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'm a bit tired after a rather pressing day, but I think my powers of articulation might have failed me. I guess I'll use Ochazuke as an example. Perhaps If I throw words at the screen some of them will make sense.

Current special section:

1) Mumonkan; 2) Kikojutsu

These two are skill-based, though are largely flavour text, Mumonkan being sort of the philosphical core of Battle Meditation and Kikojutsu being a descriptor of a certain branch of techniques. While they are not explicit skills - ie; they render no action while in play - they inform certain capacities of Ochazuke, in some fashion.

Examining the next portion of the loose proposal:

Racial perks: Human (none)

...pretty straightforward. If he was a Saiyan, there would be Zenkai and Oozaru; Namekian, regeneration and extendable limbs; Threshling, pliable anatomy, etc. So far these have been consistent where player characters have established or intersected.

Passive Skills:

Now here things might get a bit murkier. Again, using Ochazuke as an example...just gonna scroll down the list in order as I see potential passive skills...

1) Kei'i-Ken (Critical Hit rate +)
    2) Kenpo Gokui [fighting skill+)
    3) Shoshin Hiei (agility/evasion +)
    4) Zanshin Touki (successful hit x2 damage)
    5) Mushin Nehan (+Hit %, + luck)
    6) Banjakuza (Interrupt enemy passive)
    7) Shinkeisuji-do (Pressure-point resistance)
    8) Karura no kaen (elemental resistance)

Possibly also Kyokushin Keihatsu (Battle Meditation), although that's an acquired skill not something innate, but YMMV.

Since 2 of those are subquest acquisitions, if I lumped them into passive skills I would potentially have 6 open slots, and that's kind of a busted precedent now that I think about it.

Again, just inquiring, and it might just be me splitting hairs while the words evade me.
    Hey Cleric, do we have a ruling, or shall we stay the course and go with case-by-case as you figured?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hey Cleric, do we have a ruling, or shall we stay the course and go with case-by-case as you figured?
    I’m going to take some time and get back about it tomorrow morning. Still not 100% sure, sorry.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m going to take some time and get back about it tomorrow morning. Still not 100% sure, sorry.
    Did you get my pm?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Sarada, I know of an Amusement Park, one that is opening up for poor children, that would benefit from those winnings."
    Just to sate my curiosity, how does she know about it, exactly ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

update Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam techniques to make some changes. for example Power mode now boosts strength and stamina but at the cost of speed and mobility. in mode a Toadian using Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam would look like a sumo wrestler or a overinflate balloon, because of their immensely inflate stomach.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Just to sate my curiosity, how does she know about it, exactly ?
    Look here, where the kids told her about it.

So a lot of this comes down to if we switch certain skills/techs to passive, it opens things up technique slot wise quite a bit.

And all of the players already have a lot of techniques to keep track of.

For the moment we’ll stay the course and if anyone wants to open a tech a lot by moving something to passive or special, just PM me and we’ll take it case by case for now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So a lot of this comes down to if we switch certain skills/techs to passive, it opens things up technique slot wise quite a bit.

And all of the players already have a lot of techniques to keep track of.

For the moment we’ll stay the course and if anyone wants to open a tech a lot by moving something to passive or special, just PM me and we’ll take it case by case for now.
    My PM, can you help me with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My PM, can you help me with it?
    Sorry, looking at it now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM