Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Looks like this death may stick! (for a while anyways, 2-3 years likely, maybe less if X-Force movie happens and he's in it.)

So O5 going back confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Corsair. Scott's dad, leader of the Starjammers?

And I assume NC stands for Nathan Christopher. Cable's middle name is his grandfather's name.
    Since when has either been referred to by Chris and N.C. respectively? That just seemed odd

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So O5 going back confirmed?
    yeah like a couple of months ago

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sacrificing herself for Cable would be a great start
    A-men!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Cover needed more New Mutants and X-Force characters but ok.
    This. So. Much. Where's Canonball at?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm sure that Hope would be glad to see Bishop in the funeral of his dad . (Did they ever make peace about that?.)
    I think they sorta did? I remember there was an X-Force book/event where Hope and Bishop teamed-up with Bishop claiming he was as much Hope's (abusive) dad as Cable was? I think it was also the same book where Hope booted Cable from X-Force?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Remember how he came to stop the Avengers and ended up comatose and warning Scott that the Avengers were going to do something horrible?
    #NeverForget

Real speak? It makes sense, minus Bishop for obvious reasons. Hell, I'm more interested in Kurt and Hope. Last she remembers, that awesome dude took Bastion's arm to the chest to keep her alive while proclaiming "I believe". I feel she'd have more of a connection to him than, well, Jean.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Covers can be misleading, and other than Jean, Hope & Bishop, the others mightn't factor into the story. I must admit I'm a little disappointed that the X-Forcers didn't make the cover. Surely it would have made sense to include Domino, Cannonball, Warpath & Shatterstar. Deadpool too. Hell, I'm struggling to think of instances where Kurt, Ororo, Warren or Hank even had memorable interactions with Cable.

I'm not even a fan of Hope Summers, but I do adore the father/daughter dynamic she has with Nathan, and I'm glad that's being addressed in some capacity. Kinda cool that Jean gets a chance to meet her 'granddaughter' too. This might play some part in establishing where Hope goes next.

I guess this pretty much confirms that Cable's death lasts beyond Extermination
    I guess my ideas for an X-Force relaunch led by Cable are dashed.

P.S That Kurt is an abomination. He looks like a monkey.

I think they sorta did? I remember there was an X-Force book/event where Hope and Bishop teamed-up with Bishop claiming he was as much Hope's (abusive) dad as Cable was? I think it was also the same book where Hope booted Cable from X-Force?
    As another poster said, Bishop was the tough love parent

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Man thats an ugly Kurt

Oh sh-t, so Cable is staying dead? I thouhght his death would be reversed at the end

But.......Jean looks great tho and yes I'll find the door myself..

I hope this has better character interactions than the Red Annual did for Jean.

Lonnie and Zac are good with continuity so thats a plus.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

Oh yesss! Perfect.
    And it’s gonna be on December, even better. imma be free during that month.

I really wish Jean shows some kind of emotion, ever since her resurrection she’s been emotionless. :P

Cable is holding Scott's special glasses (Tkye ????). Is it related to his death?

First the father and now the son?

They're probably going to put Hope in Cable's place for some time just like they did with Laura and Logan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It seems N.C. will actually be gone for a while.

Marvel's wiping the Summers name out. In the last 15 years they've killed Jean, Gabriel, Christopher, Scott and now N.C. and very shortly Tyke will be gone (3 Summers' gone in 3 years). Alex, Hope & Chris (if you count him) are the only Summers left. What is the issue with Marvel and the Summers clan?

Righttt! That’s how I feel too. Bring me back The Summers.
    They can kill Hope n Tyke tho

Jean sure did love Nathan more than Rachel

BANNED

Why can't they just tell the story in one of the main X-Books? There are just too many miniseries and too many one-shots.

In 5 to 10 years from now, new readers are going to have a hard time finding back issues with all the confusing titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jean sure did love Nathan more than Rachel

She spent nearly 12 years of her life raising Nathan. The Red Annual was the first time she spent more than an hour with Rachel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Why can't they just tell the story in one of the main X-Books? There are just too many miniseries and too many one-shots.

In 5 to 10 years from now, new readers are going to have a hard time finding back issues with all the confusing titles.
    Money. Readers will buy this book on top of their regular subscription.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie