Page 100 of 324 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4858
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Here's my expectation: The books will last long enough for a street-level crossover mini-event (hopefully one that's better than Shadowland).

If I exclusively bought Daredevil and nothing else, I'd definitely buy these books, which makes me think new audience members might be more receptive to Kingpin and Elektra. The problem is if I have to drop something to make room.

I agreed most of them will probably not last, but I'll give Elektra a try anyway. Unsurprinsingly, they have finally adopted the TV costume.

Amazing Member

I love Bullseye so I'll defiantly give that a try, but I'm not sure he can carry his own series. I'll try Elektra too, hopefully neither one of them require reading the current DD run becuase I haven't. Based on the interview with the writer it seems like Bullseye will be pretty far removed, and it sounds like we might even get some Thphoid Mary in there too. Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Similar to what most of you have written, I can't imagine ongoings for Elektra, Kingpin or Bullseye lasting. At the best miniseries and/or an event which will "force" readers to buy each of the issues. Saying that, I believe the Netflix series and possibly the darker theme in the current DD ongoing has helped increase sales. The Soule run is selling IIRC on average each month around 5000+ more copies than Waid's run.
    Wow, synergy actually helping a book' sales? Didn't expect that .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One word about that----mistake. Elektra already had her shot and flopped, I can't see Bullseye or Kingpin solos doing any better.
    I'm definitely skeptical about the chances of these solos going the distance but all the same, I really think it's cool that they're trying to put a DD universe of books out there. Whether or not it succeeds I heartily applaud the effort.

To my mind, it's never a mistake to at least try and give something potentially awesome a shot.

I just hope the creative teams for these books are good ones and weren't just dropped onto titles to fill a slot. I'd like to see an actual book of hers do well along with a Bullseye and Kingpin series. Though I have heard the Civil War Kingpin mini is actually pretty good...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Marvel To Launch Elektra, Bullseye And Kingpin In February For A Daredevil Universe, With Iron Fist To Come, Announced At MCM London Comic Con

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...don-comic-con/
    Sounds good. I'll definitely try them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Talking Happy Halloween!!!

DD and his crew for Halloween

Anybody for Marvel and IDW doing a Daredevil / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Sure, as long as they make their shared origin canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Anybody for Marvel and IDW doing a Daredevil / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover?
    If they're as fun as the Batman crossovers, sure .

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Sure. Ok. I enjoy the Turtles so why not?

Marvel To Launch Elektra, Bullseye And Kingpin In February For A Daredevil Universe, With Iron Fist To Come, Announced At MCM London Comic Con
    I suspect Elektra and Bullseye will suck. Bullseye isn't a good enough to carry a title for long. He's best as a villain to show up once in a while and get beat... but honestly, he isn't even really good for THAT anymore. So far, just with my spotty memory... He's had his spine shattered and rebuilt, His neck broken paralyzing him, his eyes blinded... oh, and killed and resurrected... Last I saw he was in a sarcophagus with just his eyes showing, and DD took those as well... So he's REALLY pretty useless. They'll do something to get him back in the game but the last time I was mildly impressed by him was when he killed Karen. Everything since has just shown he can't top that.

Elektra I've despised since she was first introduced, and wish she had stayed dead. Everytime she shows up ... I hate her more. She's just... a terrible character. Anything BEYOND the reminder of 'what could have been' or 'simpler times' just ruins the character even more.

Kingpin??? my first thought is that he can't hold a title either... but then I thought about it a little more. I think this could REALLY work... What if this was written like some kind of Godfather/Soprano's type book. Showing the New York underwold from the criminal's point of view. Show him building up his empire, eliminating enemies...

Do NOT make it 'a daredevil book' because then every page without Daredevil is kind of a waste... but Fisk fights all of them. Punisher, Spider-man, Daredevil... any of the street levels and had ways to keep his hands 'clean'. It might be kind of cool to read a typical good vs evil book entirely from the Evil point of view. Show him setting up his plans, only to have Spider-Man stop him on the last two pages or something and how he rebuilds from there...

Not sure it would last forever... but may be a different take on comics for at least a while

As a spiritual sequel to the Batman/TMNT mini... absolutely yes please.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL #17
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RON GARNEY (A/C)
    CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    NEW ARC! “PURPLE” STARTS HERE!
    The question everyone has been asking…what price did Matt Murdock pay to make his identity secret again? And who got left behind in the process?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99