View Poll Results: Did you see this movie? If so, what did you think?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • I saw it and loved it!

308 79.18%
  • I saw it and thought it was just OK. (Please explain.)

60 15.42%
  • I saw it and hated it. (Please explain.)

8 2.06%
  • I refuse to see this in theaters. (Please explain.)

6 1.54%
  • I refuse to see this, period. (Please explain.)

7 1.80%
Page 19 of 170 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

X-Men Days of Future Past has its grand opening in Moscow, is well represented by x-fans and is attended by Michael Fassbender.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Don't know if it's my phone or me being a forgetful X-Fan, but is that supposed to be Storm next Mystique (with her own twist on the costume)?

Polaris is cute.

Hey everyone, new to this community, this is my first post. It is going to be long and spoiler filled, so I'll put it in spoiler tags (but just in case I mess even that up, proceed beyond this paragraph with caution). I will just say that I can't even with this movie. I'm a huge X-Men fan, from the comics, cartoons, and movies (and yes, I even LOVE X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine). I don't even consider myself a comic book fan as much as I consider myself an X-Men fan, and Days Of Future Past is one of my favorite X-Men stories, so I've been hoping for this movie for a loooooong time. My hype is definitely at an all time high and it's all I can do to make it til' the 22nd. That said, I do have some mixed feelings about this movie:

spoilers:
    I stated earlier that I am a fan of X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and I know that makes me a minority amongst the fan community, but it's true. I love those movies and appreciate their contributions to the series overall. And yes, I recognize and acknowledge the missteps that they took, but they don't bother me nearly as badly as they seem to bother the rest of the fanbase. In many ways, X-Men: The Last Stand is my favorite of the series (though I'd give the overall nod to X-Men: First Class I think), and I think it is my favorite of the main trilogy. So I've been bothered by this single minded determination to wipe these 2 movies from the continuity of the franchise, especially when in doing so, you're wiping out X-Men, X2, and The Wolverine from continuity as well. So while in theory, undoing the death of Cyclops is a good idea, I don't like the ramifications of it. I'm not a fan of "reboots", and I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek 2009 method of doing it either, which seems to be the direction taken in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. And the way it's being done, it almost feels like the purpose of the movie isn't to prevent an apocalyptic future overrun by Sentinels, but rather a single minded determination to cater to the fan complaints of the past 8 years and just eliminate X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I admit I'm taking it way too personally and seriously, but it almost feels like a "screw you" from the director, writers, and producers for actually liking those movies. The ending with a returned Cyclops and Jean Grey is going to be extremely bittersweet for me. Although the X-Men: The Last Stand version of Beast shows up as well, so in a weird, twisted way, that is still an acknowledgment of that movie in the continuity.

Some other things have been mentioned in this thread that concern me as well. Kitty Pryde suddenly developing the power of time travel. Beast-Hulk. A crippled Xavier who can walk again. I get that at least 2 of those 3 things have explanation (it is my understanding that Kitty Pryde's new powers won't be explained), and will be part of the character arc, but it just seems unnecessary to me to see a Beast who can control his mutation after we saw his experimental cure go bad and turn him blue, and Xavier who can walk, when we saw him paralyzed at the end of X-Men: First Class. Not plot points I'm excited about.

That being said... it seems par for the course for me that the movies in this series that I love the most (X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: First Class) are the ones that also piss me off the most (Cyclops being killed, Rogue being cured; Mystique and Xavier as BFF's, Xavier walking with a full head of hair, the first class of X-Men NOT including Cyclops, Matthew Vaughn's juvenile references, and his obsession with making a James Bond movie rather than an X-Men movie). So I got these things that I'm looking to hate already lined up, but the movie looks "OMG SO GOOD I CAN'T EVEN!!" The future looks absolute balls. And I mean that in a good way. How they are doing the future looks BETTER than I could have ever imagined. I know it's not the focus of the movie, the focus is on the past and the First Class cast, and that WILL be a disappointment for me as I'm most looking forward to the future and the return of the original cast, but it looks like for the time that we are in the future, my mind is just going to be blown. I get to see BISHOP on screen finally? YES! I know he won't have a huge role, but just the fact that he's there is gonna be great. So looking forward to the return of Colossus, Iceman and his ice slide, Magneto, Xavier, STORM who looks like after 14 years she's FINALLY being done RIGHT! I just knew, when I heard Halle was coming back, as much as I'm not a fan of Halle Berry's Storm, I just had a gut feeling that this was gonna be a good mix. Storm is one of the characters I'm most looking forward to, and by the time X-Men: The Last Stand was coming out, I was already tired of Halle as Storm. And all the footage looks amazing. Thank you for coming back Halle.

And Blink, one of my least known characters from the comics, bringing Portal to life right before my eyes. OMGWTFPWN! Blink looks AMAZING!

The past I'm not as excited in. Despite the fact that X-Men: First Class MIGHT be my favorite film in the series, I just didn't become attached to those actors in those roles. Fassbender is great as Magneto. McAvoy and Lawrence had great performances, but I don't think the films portrayed them as real Xavier and Mystique for me. They just don't embody those characters. I did like Hoult as Beast, but I felt they made him a little too much "awkward nerd" when Hank McCoy isn't really a Peter Parker type. I LIKE the cast, I just don't LOVE them like I do the group of Jackman / Stewart / McKellen / Berry / Page / Cudmore / Ashmore / Paquin / Grammer - to me, THAT cast IS X-Men. McAvoy / Fassbender / Lawrence / Hoult are just guys playing characters based on X-Men, if that makes sense.

BUT, Quicksilver looks pretty awesome. I love that we're finally gonna be getting REAL Sentinels (and not just the underwhelming Danger Room Sentinels from X-Men: The Last Stand), Dinklage as Trask is gonna be awesome. Magneto looks amazing, and I think the RFK Stadium lift is going to out do the Golden Gate Bridge sequence of X-Men: The Last Stand.

All in all, I am anticipating that this is going to be my favorite film of the series. As of today, it IS my most anticipated movie of forever. X-Men 3 is also up there as a close 2nd for most anticipated film ever. But for me, X-Men: Days Of Future Past looks to be the movie that I always wanted X-Men 3 to be anyways. I know that movie was always going to be about Phoenix (who I don't think was butchered as badly as it's made out to be - I actually like the movie's take on Phoenix, in a lot of ways better than the comic version), but I always wanted X-Men 3 to be Sentinels, political intrigue that led to their unveiling and unleashing... I basically wanted X-Men 3 to be Days Of Future Past even though it was always going to be Phoenix. Well, I'm finally getting that movie in X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and while I have some reservations about certain creative decisions, most notably, the undoing of X-Men / X2 / X-Men: The Last Stand / X-Men Origins: Wolverine / The Wolverine from continuity, I quite frankly cannot wait for this film.

And as it is, I'm even beginning to come to terms with and accept the previous film continuity wipe, as from my understanding from reviews and people who have seen the movie, it's being done in such a way that actually confirms them in continuity, but just gives future movies a clean slate to work with. I can live with that I suppose, even if it's not my preferred direction.
    end of spoilers

Well, despite how spoiler filled the above was, I am actually trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I think I do know a bit, but I also feel like I've left enough questions for myself that the movie isn't spoiled. Can't wait til' next Thursday.

On a closing note, just for the hell of it, I've made myself 3 different rankings of the X-Men movies - List 1 is just how much I enjoyed the films as they are. List 2 is how accurate I felt they were to the source material, and List 3 is how I feel about the films and their impact on the franchise as a whole. Like I said, I LOVE X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so those movies will be ranked higher for me than for most people, and even where those movies are ranked low... they still have high overall scores for me. There isn't a single movie in this franchise that I don't like. Every movie included, this is by far my favorite film franchise.

And obviously, all X-Men: Days Of Future Past rankings are where I *assume* they will end up.

List 1:
    1.) X-Men: Days Of Future Past
    2.) X-Men: First Class
    3.) X-Men: The Last Stand
    4.) X2: X-Men United
    5.) X-Men
    6.) The Wolverine
    7.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine

List 2:
    1.) The Wolverine
    2.) X-Men: Days Of Future Past
    3.) X-Men
    4.) X2: X-Men United
    5.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    6.) X-Men: The Last Stand
    7.) X-Men: First Class

List 3:
    1.) X2: X-Men United
    2.) X-Men: First Class
    3.) The Wolverine
    4.) X-Men
    5.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    6.) X-Men: The Last Stand
    7.) X-Men: Days Of Future Past

If you read my whole post - thanks! Looking forward to discussing this movie more as it finally releases!
    Last edited by Franchise408; 05-14-2014 at 11:03 PM.

X-Men Days of Future Past has its grand opening in Moscow, is well represented by x-fans and is attended by Michael Fassbender.

He is very cool, to be posing and interacting with fans!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    *sighs* This video is giving me life. I'm hoping for an intense, drama filled and action-packed film, and that the O5 (though Logan will return I'm sure) cast gets to be kick-a$$ (Storm is looking pretty damn epic in this Power Piece) before their final curtain with the X-Verse.
    What a pity Rogue won't be doing anything like this.

That Rogue looks like Jennifer Morrison!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What a pity Rogue won't be doing anything like this.
    True words. Movieverse Rogue isn't Rogue... *Sigh.*

So, yeah, it's just one week left for me, and I'm so excited! Can't wait to see the movie. I knew it would be big (saw the amount of characters and stuff), but the trailer just blew up my mind. And all the reviews I've seen so far make me even more impatient about this.

Time. Please... Run faster.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

I can't believe that I actually like Halle Monroe in that video. Regardless of her screentime in this, she looks to finally do some justice to the character.

I've heard Rogue's only scene is at the end of the film (and that she doesn't speak). That sucks. Hopefully the DVD is packed with hours of additional footage. I want to see this movie in it's entirety.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Extraordinary Member

From whats been said, DOFP is awesome.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

The cosplayers apparently had a bigger budget than the movie's own costuming dept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    Don't know if it's my phone or me being a forgetful X-Fan, but is that supposed to be Storm next Mystique (with her own twist on the costume)?

Polaris is cute.
    I also wanna know too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    I've heard Rogue's only scene is at the end of the film (and that she doesn't speak). That sucks. Hopefully the DVD is packed with hours of additional footage. I want to see this movie in it's entirety.
    There apparently a part where Rogue has to take over for Kitty maintaining Wolverine's presence in the past. A couple frames from the trailers show that it's her, not Kitty, doing the...whatever it is Kitty needs doing for Logan to time-travel. No idea, though, if that's what you're talking about or if it's something in addition to that.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There apparently a part where Rogue has to take over for Kitty maintaining Wolverine's presence in the past. A couple frames from the trailers show that it's her, not Kitty, doing the...whatever it is Kitty needs doing for Logan to time-travel. No idea, though, if that's what you're talking about or if it's something in addition to that.
    No, none of her scenes from the dystopian future made the final cut. That includes her prison escape, her inexplicable show of strength and her fill-in for Kitty. She has a cameo appearance at the end of the film (with Bobby). Blink-and-you'll-miss-it.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    No, none of her scenes from the dystopian future made the final cut. That includes her prison escape, her inexplicable show of strength and her fill-in for Kitty. She has a cameo appearance at the end of the film (with Bobby). Blink-and-you'll-miss-it.
    God, what a come down. I guess they needed to make room for the scene where Mags and his one true love Charles were playing chess.

They shouldn't have bothered with the DoFP storyline; this us just a sequel to First Class. Without females (apart from the naked one).