Page 50 of 555 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

A brief, new teaser for Season 5, of Tyrion, Sansa, a book and more:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/17/ga...r/#more-196696

Nell Williams has been cast as young Cersei Lannister:

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-y...ersei-actress/

List of theaters that select Season 4 and Season 5 episodes will be shown in IMAX:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/14/ga...imax-theaters/

Details on Season 5 special revealed - a day in the life of filming it, in different places:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/19/ga...son-5-special/

According to Total Film, Season 4 of Game of Thrones will be out on the 16th of February.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Did anyone in the UK score some tickets to the Game of Thrones exhibition?

After seeing the red carpet pics of Maisie Williams at the SAG Awards last night, the makeup people are going to have to do a hell of a job turning her back into the tomboyish Arya Stark.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    After seeing the red carpet pics of Maisie Williams at the SAG Awards last night, the makeup people are going to have to do a hell of a job turning her back into the tomboyish Arya Stark.
    That was getting noticeable last season, I thought. But, she doesn't need to be trying to pass for a boy anymore. Being a tomboy is more an attitude and a style, which she'll have regardless of her curves. Arya is never a frilly dresses type of person.

Season 5 trailer up now - prepare for epic, bearded Tyrion, nudity, dragon, Arya with blade and more:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...sneaks-online/

New Season 5 images, with new cast, up now:

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...image-gallery/

Looking at the trailer, although I haven't analysed it in depth, there looks a possibility they've jettisoned at least one major subplot from ADWD (while probably adding a couple more, in their way).

One thing I'm hoping for from the new season is that it will begin to depart significantly from the books. Now, we know GRRM has indicated some of the rough areas the books might end up to the showrunners. However, we also know that GRRM is not going to publish the next book until probably 2016 at the earliest, and experience suggests he's not going to finish the books for some time.

For me, the worst case scenario is that the series provides GRRM's likely conclusion and final plots before the books are published. I'm speaking as someone who, although I like the show, am a much greater admirer of GRRM's novels, despite their underedited immensity I'm also a much greater admirer of the books' characterisation of figures such as Stannis, Tyrion, Brienne, Loras and so on. But of course the show is also watched by many who prefer the series, or have not read or do not intend to read the books.

So I hope very much the showrunners should do their own thing with the ending, and we can read the books (relatively ) unspoiled. Normally, I'm not fussed about spoilers in fiction, but since one of GRRM's strengths is his plotting....

Fantastic Member

New trailer looks good. I think everyone should be prepared to find out how the whole story ends via HBO rather than any published books. After the next one is published, I pretty much think that's going to be it. GRRM is getting old and there's rumor he's thinking the series will need 8 books to finish the story, so even if they are finished we won't see the end in print until the late 2020s at the rate he's going. At that point, I won't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    New trailer looks good. I think everyone should be prepared to find out how the whole story ends via HBO rather than any published books. After the next one is published, I pretty much think that's going to be it. GRRM is getting old and there's rumor he's thinking the series will need 8 books to finish the story, so even if they are finished we won't see the end in print until the late 2020s at the rate he's going. At that point, I won't even care.
    Agreed. Loved the 1st three books, the last two were underwhelming enough that I've decided not to read any more of the novels until the series is finished, if it ever is. Still looking forward to the series very much though, and the trailer is promising IMO