Page 105 of 774 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 11598

'The Mandalorian' star Pedro Pascal watches WandaVision

Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-23-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Then make her a gray character with her own anterior motives. I think it does her a disservice to make her a victim and lose all agency bc she is being controlled. Its literally what we just saw with Wanda and it would be cringeworthy to do that to another female. I can totally be down with a bigger villian but dont write Agatha as being possessed and needing to be saved. That would be terrible
    I actually agree. I’d like her either to come around to Wanda’s side or for her to have been actually trying to help in her own sinister way, by trying to make Wanda and Vision question their reality.

I don’t think she should be controlled. I don’t even want Wanda to be controlled, just tricked into thinking she (Wanda) is the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Tom Holland calls WandaVision his 'favorite Marvel thing'

'It's really difficult for me to not ask [Kevin Feige] the questions I want the answers to'

"I am obsessed with 'WandaVision'. It's so difficult because obviously I'm on a Marvel set at the moment. So all of the producers are there, and I could just go up to Kevin Feige and be like, 'So what happens? What's going on?' It's really difficult for me to not ask the questions I want the answers to, but I'm loving it. And I think, honestly, it's for me, my favorite Marvel thing I've seen, because it really makes you think about 'What am I watching? What's going to happen? Where are they going to take this?' I love that they brought back the idea of releasing an episode a week. I think it requires the caliber and the quality of the show to be better because you need to keep people engaged for a longer period of time. So I'm loving it. I'm absolutely loving it."

(LINK to the note Collider: http://bit.ly/2ZOFVSt)

Hopefully Wanda has a cameo in Spiderman 3 or a short scene that leads to Dr Strange 2 since this three projects are connected with the multiverse stuff and also Strange.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've always been a devoted Agatha fan since I was early teens and read FF # 94 that introduced her. As I already thought of myself as a Witch, Wiccan back then and since, it was cool, even if more Hollywood than the reality.

But I think when you make 'Witches' be thousands of years old; back to Atlantis even, well, you might as well say Agatha is an Eternal maybe, or some something really not human, which to me, Witches are more likely to be. I don't care about Salem origins; par for the course of course!

So maybe MCU Agatha won't be that. But I 'm not the only one who thinks AH's purple color has more to do with an Infinity Stone, and therein lies another clue perhaps.

Someone mentioned female Loki; now wouldn't that be a hoot.
    Eternals are even older than the Atlantis civilization itself in MU, Agatha is one of the older mages, but I honestly don't think it's that absurd, there are bunch of wizards from Hyborian age in MU still kicking around thanks to Conan.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-23-2021 at 11:00 PM.

This reminds me of that Marvel Team-Up issue with Spidey and Wanda/Vision...

Then make her a gray character with her own ulterior motives. I think it does her a disservice to make her a victim and lose all agency bc she is being controlled. Its literally what we just saw with Wanda and it would be cringeworthy to do that to another female. I can totally be down with a bigger villian but dont write Agatha as being possessed and needing to be saved. That would be terrible
    Yeah, make her morally gray, but not irredeemably evil. Hahn has the acting chops to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That's very true but there are couples who have been reunited without being married. They could have brought Wanda and Vision back together just as an umarried romantic couple, but they didn't even go that route in decades now.

Someone posted that tweet in this thread a few pages back and how Wanda and Vision have not been included together except in four of the issues he wrote. It is very bizarre that they didn't get the Darkhold event ready in time for WandaVision, even with the pandemic going on.

They really do. Their treatment of female characters is abysmal whether it's in the X-Side of the Universe with how they treat Jean, Ororo, Betsy, or Lorna, or with Mary Jane in Spider-Man. And Wanda is the poster child for it especially since she is part of Marvel's hottest and biggest project right now, but you'd never know going by the comics side of things.

It's clear there is an issue with Wanda and Vision as a couple but they seem very reluctant to acknowledge Wanda as an individual character as well. I think I didn't notice that the past few years because of the issues with the Fox rights so I assumed they were stingy about using her because of that, but that's not the case anymore.
    Well, exes don't usually kill each other in the comic books!

Tom Holland calls WandaVision his 'favorite Marvel thing'

'It's really difficult for me to not ask [Kevin Feige] the questions I want the answers to'

"I am obsessed with 'WandaVision'. It's so difficult because obviously I'm on a Marvel set at the moment. So all of the producers are there, and I could just go up to Kevin Feige and be like, 'So what happens? What's going on?' It's really difficult for me to not ask the questions I want the answers to, but I'm loving it. And I think, honestly, it's for me, my favorite Marvel thing I've seen, because it really makes you think about 'What am I watching? What's going to happen? Where are they going to take this?' I love that they brought back the idea of releasing an episode a week. I think it requires the caliber and the quality of the show to be better because you need to keep people engaged for a longer period of time. So I'm loving it. I'm absolutely loving it."

(LINK to the note Collider: http://bit.ly/2ZOFVSt)

I'd like to see Wanda and Peter interact in the MCU.

'The Mandalorian' star Pedro Pascal watches WandaVision

Class recognizing class.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, exes don't usually kill each other in the comic books!
    Eh, most of the major Marvel couples may not have ever actually killed the other, but they've certainly tried to do so. And Clint forgave Wanda for killing him...TWICE.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Agreed she's not really the baddie just a bit of a red herring although someone with her own motives. It's clear to me that something is happening.

Agatha is not the type though and as others said would be a huge deviation from her characters origin as a mentor to Wanda. It doesn't necessarily need to be treated like a twist and be anti-climatic. Nor...does she need to be a victim there's a difference between being under someone's control like Agatha is to Wanda and being influenced by a greater force. With similar goals.

Which i think has been one of the main underpinnings theme-wise of this show.
    Agatha could be like a female Loki character. And just as old too.

Then make her a gray character with her own ulterior motives. I think it does her a disservice to make her a victim and lose all agency bc she is being controlled. Its literally what we just saw with Wanda and it would be cringeworthy to do that to another female. I can totally be down with a bigger villian but dont write Agatha as being possessed and needing to be saved. That would be terrible
    I agree. I'd love to have Agatha be closer to the comics, but having every character be posessed or mind controlled isn't a good narrative. Even Wanda I think she'll likely be the one to actually create the hex or have a significant part in it, rather than it being Agatha or someone else like some people are assuming from this reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Eh, most of the major Marvel couples may not have ever actually killed the other, but they've certainly tried to do so. And Clint forgave Wanda for killing him...TWICE.
    Well exes in "real life" have often killed each other on a regular basis. True crime would not be a popular genre if that kind of **** didn't happen. It actually happens LESS in the comic books I believe. Clint's a forgiving guy.

Agatha could be a Modred type. Who was seeking power to do good but ended up doing bad. But isn't really bad. It doesn't have to be possession, just being mislead through good intentions.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well exes in "real life" have often killed each other on a regular basis. True crime would not be a popular genre if that kind of **** didn't happen. It actually happens LESS in the comic books I believe. Clint's a forgiving guy.
    I don't think true crimes ever result in forgiveness. That's not really a good equivalence to comics where death is like a weekend trip.

Wanda did cause Shulkie to rip Vision apart, but, Wanda was also possessed by the Life Force and not herself. And Vision can be rebuilt. He's long since forgiven her and they are good friends.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Eternals are even older than the Atlantis civilization itself in MU, Agatha is one of the older mages, but I honestly don't think it's that obsurd, there are bunch of wizards from Hyborian age in MU still kicking around thanks to Conan.
    I suppose I overthink it. Granted Eternals etc. So maybe Agatha is a child of an Eternal and a human, perhaps.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all