View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 769 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 269669719759765766767768769770771772773779819869 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 16972
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ugh. I wished Bendis hadn't even acknowledged Sera tbh. I could just tell myself that whenever Angela is not showing up on anything, they're just living happily together on their apartment lol.
    I would go further and say I wish he hadn't even acknowledged Angela. Just left the ending of Queen Of Hel as it was. It was perfect and it didn't need any twist, with one of them going missing again, only to come back and find out the other one was missing too. It's like he deliberately tried to piss off fans of the couple.

Speaking of QOH's ending, I was just rereading it and gosh, I love them so much. I hope when they get together again, they can finally finish their to-do list. Serangela overthrowing the sexist queendom of Heven is just something I need in my life.

Also, another queer character from Angela's book that I would like to see again: Leah. Yeah, how's Leah? What she's been up to these days? When can we expect her to make out with Magik in honor of the deceased Illyana from her universe? You know, important things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would kill for Gillen and/or Bennett to write them again. Too bad Gillen doesn't seem interested in doing MU titles again and Bennett seems to have found her place at DC.
    Bennett's also doing really well with her creator-owned work. Animosity has become an actual franchise at Aftershock. (Sadly, the brilliant Insexts ended a few months back, with an awesomely meta twist, which Bennett clearly loves doing.) Magdalene Visaggio would be my first choice for an Angela/Sera book, mostly because I think she would do a great job with Sera's sense of humour. That's crucial to the character, I think. Lots of wordplay, and a lot of awareness of fiction tropes. Getting a writer who enjoys that kind of weird humour is important.

I would go further and say I wish he hadn't even acknowledged Angela. Just left the ending of Queen Of Hel as it was. It was perfect and it didn't need any twist, with one of them going missing again, only to come back and find out the other one was missing too. It's like he deliberately tried to piss off fans of the couple.

Speaking of QOH's ending, I was just rereading it and gosh, I love them so much. I hope when they get together again, they can finally finish their to-do list. Serangela overthrowing the sexist queendom of Heven is just something I need in my life.

Also, another queer character from Angela's book that I would like to see again: Leah. Yeah, how's Leah? What she's been up to these days? When can we expect her to make out with Magik in honor of the deceased Illyana from her universe? You know, important things like that.
    Yeah, Angela and Sera were such a good couple. They were just so in love, and it was romantic and sweet and joyful and wonderful. It made for enjoyable reading. They didn't need to fight to be interesting, because the easy banter was so much more entertaining.

I'd also love to see Leah return. I have mixed feelings on the idea of Leah and Illyana hooking up, I'll admit. My concern is this: Would Leah simply be settling for someone who reminds her of the girl she loves? Would she be dating Illyana, or would she be dating the closest thing to her Illyana? Of course, that would make for an interesting story all its own, as Leah needs to realize that this Illyana and her Illyana are different people, and she has to treat them like different people.

It would be a good series about youthful romance.

Sadly, it's not likely to happen. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, Angela and Sera were such a good couple. They were just so in love, and it was romantic and sweet and joyful and wonderful. It made for enjoyable reading. They didn't need to fight to be interesting, because the easy banter was so much more entertaining.

I'd also love to see Leah return. I have mixed feelings on the idea of Leah and Illyana hooking up, I'll admit. My concern is this: Would Leah simply be settling for someone who reminds her of the girl she loves? Would she be dating Illyana, or would she be dating the closest thing to her Illyana? Of course, that would make for an interesting story all its own, as Leah needs to realize that this Illyana and her Illyana are different people, and she has to treat them like different people.

It would be a good series about youthful romance.

Sadly, it's not likely to happen. Sigh.
    Yeah, if it weren't for Wiccan and Hulkling, Angela and Sera would definitely take the top as my favorite gay couple from Marvel. I specially love how Angela refers to her as ''Sera of New York City''. I don't know if it was Bennett's intention, but I feel like that is really symbolic of their relationship: they've spent so much time running, and now they had finally found their place in the world. They were free from everything that was holding them back. They didn't owe anything to anyone anymore; their only duty was to love each other now. It's a really beautiful love story.

As for Leah, I was mostly joking about the Magik thing, but when you put it like that, it really could be an interesting story to explore. Plus, it would give Marvel a reason to finally out 616 Illyana.

Yeah, if it weren't for Wiccan and Hulkling, Angela and Sera would definitely take the top as my favorite gay couple from Marvel. I specially love how Angela refers to her as ''Sera of New York City''. I don't know if it was Bennett's intention, but I feel like that is really symbolic of their relationship: they've spent so much time running, and now they had finally found their place in the world. They were free from everything that was holding them back. They didn't owe anything to anyone anymore; their only duty was to love each other now. It's a really beautiful love story.

As for Leah, I was mostly joking about the Magik thing, but when you put it like that, it really could be an interesting story to explore. Plus, it would give Marvel a reason to finally out 616 Illyana.
    Yep. Angela and Sera are totally relationship goals. Also, this is still the best kiss in the history of comics:

CSjRdOaXIAARlrK.jpg

Stephanie Hans is incredible.

And yeah, if Marvel won't let Illyana be with Kitty, then Leah would be a great alternate choice. But man, it sucks coming up with ideas I know will never ever ever be used. It's almost enough to make me write fanfic. Almost, not quite.

(In addition to Leah/Illyana, I'm also still freaking waiting on the Mystique/Destiny mini showing how they met. PLEASE, MARVEL, WE DESERVE IT, WE'VE BEEN EVER SO GOOD!)

So, this week's episode of Runaways went further on Karolina/Nico(as in that her feelings are beyond subtext now). I died.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, this week's episode of Runaways went further on Karolina/Nico(as in that her feelings are beyond subtext now). I died.
    I loved Gert in the comics, but I wanted to slap her when spoilers:
    she basically tries to force Karolina out of the closet.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Assgardian; 12-13-2017 at 12:13 AM.
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

I just saw that there's actually an interview on EW with them talking about it: Seems like it may actually be a thing at all? I'm hopeful, but trying to be as skeptical as possible.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/12/runaways...-nico-romance/

Quote Originally Posted by Assgardian View Post
    I loved Gert in the comics, but I wanted to slap her when spoilers:
    she basically tries to force Karolina out of the closet.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It wasn't the right thing to do, but I wouldn't mind it if she really had good intentions. Overall I'm just really disappointed with Gert in general. Like, ok, it's understandable that she's jealous, but the way we have her making some shady comment or giving side eyes EVERY single time Chase is with Karolina is annoying af. And the fact that they portray her activism as a joke also has me really disappointed. It's almost like they want to show that feminists are just really mad cause they don't have a man, which is like the most awful way of doing that ever. I can't believe the writers actually talk about the series as if it was really progressive when they're doing that.

Well, sorry for the pretty much off-topic rant. I'm still really enjoying the show. But that part is definetely one of the low points for me.
    end of spoilers

The Week In Gay!

All-New Wolverine #28 had Daken, and for once, I remembered to include Daken in a round-up, so I'm proud of myself. Anyway, I think he was flirting with Laura's cousin. He also came up with Gabby's codename and it's perfect, which redeems him for, let's be generous, three atrocities he's committed. Also, I think there was a gay couple among the Orphans of X, right at the start.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #27 has Loki show up and actually describe himself as gender-fluid. It'd be cool if Loki could start getting cameos while presenting as female. (Side note: Loki still thinks Nancy Whitehead is one of the best people alive, as creator of Cat Thor.)

X-Men Blue #17 had Iceman continue to exist. Occasional bad jokes, but not much more.

Cable #152 has Shatterstar and Doop around. Both being cool and fun.

Royals #12 had Swain present.

Daredevil #596 has Ellen, a woman who works in his office, who I seem to recall was revealed as gay in a previous issue.

And I think that might be it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I hope this leads to Inferno coming out. I kept expecting him to in early issues of Inhuman, but it never happened
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I hope this leads to Inferno coming out. I kept expecting him to in early issues of Inhuman, but it never happened
    I fail to see what about this makes you think he might come out. If anything, the low amount of males on the team assures he will be as straight as they come. They need a hook for straigth male viewers. Especially when they inevitably play around with romantic subplots and the like.
    My guess is they'll make him have a crush on Spider-Gwen.
    #EmmaWasRight

Wasn't Inferno JUST romantically paired with Quake in the comics? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in this animation as well.

Speaking of LGBTQ inhumans, how many LGBTQ characters did we get out of the ''Inhumans Fever'' again? I can think of:

- Ian Soo
    - Glorianna
    - Swain
    - Panacea
    - Romeo

Anyone else?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I fail to see what about this makes you think he might come out. If anything, the low amount of males on the team assures he will be as straight as they come. They need a hook for straigth male viewers. Especially when they inevitably play around with romantic subplots and the like.
    My guess is they'll make him have a crush on Spider-Gwen.
    Nothing made me think it, it was just a hope based on something I thought I saw in his early appearances.

Wasn't Inferno JUST romantically paired with Quake in the comics? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in this animation as well.
    I'm not reading the current Secret Warriors, so no clue. Prior to MCU synergy, that wouldnt have been likely. Still, if it leads to Tyler Posey joining AoS for more synergy, I can be down with it
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Speaking of LGBTQ inhumans, how many LGBTQ characters did we get out of the ''Inhumans Fever'' again? I can think of:

- Ian Soo
    - Glorianna
    - Swain
    - Panacea
    - Romeo

Anyone else?
    We ALMOST got Flint but

- Ian Soo
    - Glorianna
    - Swain
    - Panacea
    - Romeo

Anyone else?
    quake and inferno are having a thing on comics right now

someone watching runaways? I htink we will have good news soon about a fan favorite pairing

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay!

All-New Wolverine #28 had Daken, and for once, I remembered to include Daken in a round-up, so I'm proud of myself.
    lol. Congratulations.

And I think that might be it.
    SHE-HULK #160 came out. No LGBT character in this one (Bradley hasn't been in the last few issues), but still an LGBT writer.