Page 1240 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2407401140119012301236123712381239124012411242124312441250 ... LastLast
Results 18,586 to 18,600 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That can actually be done with cinematic wrestling.
    Heck yeah, make it so!

Mighty Member

Interesting episode of Smack down. Overall better balance of tone than last week.

Not sure I like grimdark Bayley. But, the idea of her facing Cross appeals. We know they can have a good match. And, the story nicely turns the cliche of a hero facing their inner darkness. In this case, Bayley is fighting what once endeared her to her fans.

The Firefly FunHouse raises an intriguing question. Who is more evil, Fiend or Heyman? The reveal of the new puppet was funny. But, what part of Wyatt is not represented, and would be symbolized by the Walrus? Is anyone thinking we can put rumors of a face-turn for the Fiend to bed?

Good use of the Street Profits to set up a loss for Caesaro and Nakamura, while keeping the latter credibly strong.

Predictable, but well-executed, swerve with Otis' lunch box.

You just made me have this weird thought of a six man tag w. only two ppl, as Husky Harris, Bray Wyatt, and the Fiend take on Dude Love, Cactus Jack and Mankind.
    That is a damn fine idea. A (Grant) Morrisonian tour de force.

It meets the two qualifications that all cinematic matches should have.

-1: specific/unique to wrestling.
    -2: cinematic by necessity.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Ultimate Member

Roman's segment was great. He comes across as so ominous and sinister with his words here. I fear poor Jey is in for a world of hurt. Also I like that he and Heyman have a different dynamic than Heyman and Brock do.

Jeff vs. Sami vs. AJ at the PPV please. Also Sami is so good in this role, and he rocks the Fidel Castro look.

The Fatal Four Way was, the weakest part of the show. It just wasn't all that good, although Alexa doing the Sister Abigail, and doing it very well to boot, was cool. And WOW am I NOT excited for yet another Bayley vs. Nikki match. Yes, it'll probably further the Nikki/Alexa stuff, but there are other ways to do that and I'm still not interested in seeing this match again.

They should have done Bayley vs. Naomi or Mandy, that'd have at least been new and interesting.

The "mystery woman" is most likely just a re-packaged Carmella.

Bayley's promo was great. She's made for a surprisingly

I love how different Paul acts with Roman vs the way he acts around Brock, he almost seems afraid of Roman. Whereas with Brock he's more loose and jovial (see him playing air guitar when Seth Rollins came to confront him and Brock last year) but with Roman he is more subdued and even a little nervous. He flat out said Roman is his boss but he is an advocate for Brock.

Very interesting dynamic the 2 have, Reigns is giving me mob leader vibes with his new character. He's already one of the best heels in all of wrestling imo.

Astonishing Member

The Firefly FunHouse raises an intriguing question. Who is more evil, Fiend or Heyman? The reveal of the new puppet was funny. But, what part of Wyatt is not represented, and would be symbolized by the Walrus? Is anyone thinking we can put rumors of a face-turn for the Fiend to bed?
    The new puppet was supposed to be Heyman-spoof right? If so, I think that face turn is coming for the Fiend, if he's not already a face.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I wonder if she sees Mercedes Martinez (same age) getting a mini-push on NXT and wondering if that could have been her?
    good question. there's like whole lost generation of women that didn't get their due because wwe was still clinging to divas style and tna could only use so many. mercedes and a few others should've been on tv about 10yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Imagine if Retribution actually had performers that we care about. Wrestlers who don't fit the WWE image and don't their "push".

Imagine if Retribution was
    Sami Zayn
    Mustafa Ali
    The Riott Squad
    Maybe led by Joe or Kevin Owens.

A bunch of random NXT wrestlers is going to fail.
    while we're using our imaginations imagine if the time and effort put into raw underground was used for something worth half a fuk.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Have it be Husky Harris.

Every time Bray gets hit with a DDT, his personality changes.

Hehe.
    i like the cut of your jib. my ideas for retribution
    1) santino, slam master j, kung fu naki and jillian hall's facial growth(with jillian as it's valet) all working the doink gimmick. their motivation: no more clowning around, they mean serious business and only wear the clown suits as a reminder of their own self loathing.

2)khali, ginger mahal, singh bros & raisha saeed as the poonjabi dance party. their motivation, they want to dance on the big stage, and will by any means necessary.

HIJOS DEL RUSSO POR VIDA!!!!

Incredible Member

i wouldn't be surprised if jey and reigns turns out to be a no contest as jey turns heel and align with reigns as the bloodline.

with so many heels on sd , it's only right that fiend shoud become a face , don't have to be fully face ,maybe a tweener to go after reigns,

interesting tibbit is the security officers brought in by adam pearce to escot zayn out during the ic match is devon dudley's twin sons

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if jey and reigns turns out to be a no contest as jey turns heel and align with reigns as the bloodline.

with so many heels on sd , it's only right that fiend shoud become a face , don't have to be fully face ,maybe a tweener to go after reigns,

interesting tibbit is the security officers brought in by adam pearce to escot zayn out during the ic match is devon dudley's twin sons
    I am wondering when the Dudley Bros will get signed up for NXT.

Mighty Member

The Sami Zayn angle is fun. Hopefully, it gets dragged out a bit more.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get by the fact that the Fiend/Foley match is probably never going to happen. It is too good an idea to not happen, but....

They should have done Bayley vs. Naomi or Mandy, that'd have at least been new and interesting.
    I am hoping to see more Naomi v/s Lacey. Could Bayley work with Mandy?

Odd idea for new tag teams:

Bayley and Cross v/s Sasha and Alexa. Each team is a heel/face combo with enough shared motivation to dislike both members of the other.

A more traditional variation of this idea would be Bayley/Alexa v/s Sasha/Nicki (with the latter as faces paying for their past interactions with the heels).

Question about Paul Heyman. Is he writing "Smackdown", or even the Roman segments? There is something different about them. It is good, but not the "Smackdown" I have been watching.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get by the fact that the Fiend/Foley match is probably never going to happen. It is too good an idea to not happen, but....

I am hoping to see more Naomi v/s Lacey. Could Bayley work with Mandy?

Odd idea for new tag teams:

Bayley and Cross v/s Sasha and Alexa. Each team is a heel/face combo with enough shared motivation to dislike both members of the other.

A more traditional variation of this idea would be Bayley/Alexa v/s Sasha/Nicki (with the latter as faces paying for their past interactions with the heels).

Question about Paul Heyman. Is he writing "Smackdown", or even the Roman segments? There is something different about them. It is good, but not the "Smackdown" I have been watching.
    I don't think he's writing Smackdown as a whole ... but I'm pretty sure he generally writes his own stuff. And in this case Romans.

Astonishing Member

Yes, he is apparently giving heavy input into the Roman segments. (And apparently Roman is incorporating a lot of his own ideas as well--I'm sure he's had a heel turn mapped in his head for *years*)

But Smackdown has the same writers and there is now a head writer that has been in charge of both shows. In general I feel that the show quality has been more cohesive since they have one person in charge of everything. All in all the quality of writing I feel has been better since the pandemic in general.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sonya stalker pleading not guilty on all his https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/09...etEThDSX4uQiuU

On a positive note, Sonya fought for the match to happen at SummerSlam despite her situation
    https://twitter.com/thenextblgthing/...989853184?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    HIJOS DEL RUSSO POR VIDA!!!!
    It's been awhile since that phrase has been uttered in this forum.

I felt it shudder and awake something primal.

It begins again ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    And hopefully he comes out on top.
    He’s super entertaining, and he has a legitimate gripe.