Page 128 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    If Broo is disqualified from citizenship by his lack of an X-gene, what about X-Men who longer have biological bodies and therefore lack any genes either, such as Mercury and Rockslide?
    Broo was already seen on Krakoa. Mercury and Rockslide are mutants so automatically have citizenship

Hellion 4 HFC WHite Knight 2k19
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Do you believe Anole actually does carry with him the scraped story of his suicide and that in part, having come from there before his entirely externally opposite first and lasting appearance is sorta something amazing?
    Last edited by sungila; 11-23-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

I don’t think he did initially, or even up to post-IvX. Anole was someone who was always proud of both his status as a mutant and gay kid, even coming from a town (and parents) that never discriminated against him. But Brisson did a 180 and made him someone who regrets his mutant status, consistently screws up, and makes decisions that hurt his friends constantly. That’s a character that I could see easily having the scrapped suicide story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think he did initially, or even up to post-IvX. Anole was someone who was always proud of both his status as a mutant and gay kid, even coming from a town (and parents) that never discriminated against him. But Brisson did a 180 and made him someone who regrets his mutant status, consistently screws up, and makes decisions that hurt his friends constantly. That’s a character that I could see easily having the scrapped suicide story.

Thanks Tycon, I haven't read enough of Anole thru-in-continuity to have a complete feel for his most consistent cannon. Beginning from Quest For Magik backward and then here and there up to that (for me too) jarringly abrasive "to not have to become this" self-betrayal in Dissassembled in all ways he's captivated me. I only discovered recently that originally he was scripted completely differently than he was eventually introduced as being. That rather than accepted and supported by his family and home community making his transition into the X-Men interestingly juxtaposed from most others, that he was going to struggle to establish reconciliation with his identity amongst his peers and away from the torment and isolation of his childhood, to be in one arc, a flare of incrimination against institutions of conformity (even and especially, perhaps, the X-Men).

And I have this thing about the undead spirit of character's original orgins and how regardless of the edits and changes made prior to a first appearance that in some cases (as in first thought best thought, or trauma memory no memory recognition, or deja vu, or mutation really...but I'm getting too deep or shallow too fast) - in some cases that first fever dream of a new and already fully formed person is indelible in the person who absorbs that genesis in being, taking possession from what is gone.

Anole has interested me with a sort curiosity that really has defied externally so much of who he was shown to me to be. And that I didn't know about his original unwritten origins until recently...so that's where and how and who I'm coming from Tycon.

This whole idea of indelible unammendable flaw in the pattern seed of origin in comic book characters is something I may fabricate creatively from vague and shadowy findings...animating haunts...but it fascinates me how often who isn't there but could be...is, elsewhere...ironically most out-right inversions or reversals of characters; like what happened to Anole only in his case for me an exception, are usually signatures of my least favorite stories in X-Men comics.

Anole, I am very glad he became who is is in New X-Men and that who he was in Disassembled is who he isn't and really can't be but may have been if he never was.

Um, I wouldn't want him to be who died and decomposed because when he is, he simply can't be who he really is, and yet if who he isn't were to be deleted and entirely erased so that it never happened and was never scrapped, I feel like he couldn't be the Anole who he is, from the Anole who he isn't.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-24-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

X-Force #2: B&Ws of ‘that’ page in the issue. The ones who weren’t changed: X-22, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Gentle, Stepford Cyckoos, Wither

Who were changed: Blindfold, Ink

Blindfold's exclusion is for the obvious reasons, I'd guess. I'm a little surprised anyone was paying close enough attention to realize Ink isn't a mutant.

...if he's one of the young mutants Glob and company are guiding back to Krakoa, I'm gonna just take it as evidence that Brisson is specifically trolling this board.

BANNED

X-Force #2: B&Ws of ‘that’ page in the issue. The ones who weren’t changed: X-22, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Gentle, Stepford Cyckoos, Wither

Who’s that X-23 is crying into?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Who’s that X-23 is crying into?
    Either north star or hellion

It’s Northstar, you can see the North Star in his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ...if he's one of the young mutants Glob and company are guiding back to Krakoa, I'm gonna just take it as evidence that Brisson is specifically trolling this board.
    That would be an actual nightmare.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Also Karima is in front of Daken. Oh also,also, that looks like it was supposed to be M next to Daken? In the finished version it's a slightly different costume and the character has blazing white/blue hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ahhhahahha, that would be terrible. Also, Cassara gave your boy a mullet, the shame.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 12-02-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Also Karima is in front of Daken. Oh also,also, that looks like it was supposed to be M next to Daken? In the finished version it's a slightly different costume and the character has blazing white/blue hair.
    I was only including NXM/YXM characters, but it’s interesting that Cassara drew three characters that are specifically being left off the island.

Ink was disguised by being turned green, "M" (not sure it was meant to be her) as mentioned was for some reason given glowing blue hair and arm (covering up that gauntlet), Blindfold was coloured with blonde hair and had the blindfold replaced with visible eyes, and Omega Sentinel was simply erased.

He made one more mistake - the Cuckoos. There should be five of them, not three.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Im gunna will Hellion into one of these new books....

Not gunna lie...but Jules has literally been tossed aside by Marvel
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.