Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I like that Empath is the femme fatale of this team
    He’s gonna seduce Havok and Scalphunter then pit them against each other.

Astonishing Member

the weird thing about Scalphunter is we could potentially get one of many different Scalphunters that exist if we are strict with continuity. There are at least 3 different ones around
    there is the original one abandoned in a hospital without his extremities (Magneto cut them and cauterized the wounds), another one created by Magneto in Bunn's Magneto, and a new one by Sinister to replace the one abandoned in the hospital.

hopefully the writer will streamline the Scalphunter situation
    He is also a native american that speaks spanish and is over a century old (he doesnt age, healing factor) Sinister recruited him in ww2, Scalphunter had been conscripted in the army, killed some soldiers, Nick Fury ordered his execution, they buried his body, and he digged out of the grave after healing. my headcanon is he is from the 1800s and was a real Scalphunter of white colonists moving west.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    SHOLA!

I really liked him in the pre-House of M Excalibur
    I loved him, Hub, Hack, Purge, Freakshow and Wickied..

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Psylocke/Kwannon is Japanese and Scalphunter is of the Comanche Tribe (Native American). Could be better...but not entirely 'white'
    Nobody knows the race of Nanny or Orphan Maker too.

If you all would excuse me, I’ll be chilling in the alternate universe that resides in my subconscious thought where the roster was Synch, Psylocke, Nanny, Orphan-Maker, Greycrow, Sinister, Feral, and Jetstream.

Havok's an interesting choice, though. He was a villain not so long ago, and didn't go good again by choice.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    He’s gonna seduce Havok and Scalphunter then pit them against each other.
    Havok’s a sub bitch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Havok’s a sub bitch.
    And we thank him for his service.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Havok's an interesting choice, though. He was a villain not so long ago, and didn't go good again by choice.
    Forgot about this. But even though it'll make the book better, I will once again be depressed that the Phantom of the Alex look is no more.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Another book of mutants that are white folks, written by a white guy. Really nothing different or exceptional here. All the mutants to choose from, and it's just a whole lot more of the same.
    Hey! We got a Japanese chick whose personality is a blank page and body was appropriated by a British chick past 20 years and AND....AND a Comanche NA triple threat, psychopathic, murderer, senior citizen. #representation
    Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Stop being such bad stereotypes; when Grant Morrison wrote you off as a bunch of angry queens, I’m starting to agree. Fandom is killing my inner fan and I’ve had enough.
    As if that Raw Size Queen has any room to talk

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Again, thanks for the correction. So this X-office is pitching an 0-fer in making, and writing a single African American male mutant into a character of significance to occupy a spot on a team like this one even.
    Maaaan I've been preaching this for years
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Why bring back guys like Synch and do NOTHING with him? Now would be the time to use rosters of guys and not just the same 4. Do some minis or something.
    Yuuup same sh!t slightly different smell ;/

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    This is something that has bothered me for a while as well. The sad part is when I do try to think of more Black Male Mutants most of them have been killed off or lost their powers
    -Prodigy
    -Synch
    -Maggot
    -Bedlam
    -Gentle
    -Tag
    -Shatter
    -Shola Inkose
    Fact that NO ONES mentioned Bobby should cause alarm
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Such is the fate of a Scapegoat character. Hickman needed a fall-man for HOX, and Pussycat, as always, was perfect for that.

Wild Child is a more likable character who's been gone a while, so he's more deserving of the attention than the bland, overused jobber that only 3 X-book writers cared about.

Anyway, I love the cover art. Interesting cast, which may provide some interesting new concepts. But again, nothing really grabbing at me to check in with it. But good to see something different coming in, rather than same old, same old.

I just can't understand why to use a light version of Sabretooth character who wasn't even in the comics in the last 10 years and never was a big character anyway, while you know, we have Sabretooth himself...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I just can't understand why to use a light version of Sabretooth character who wasn't even in the comics in the last 10 years and never was a big character anyway, while you know, we have Sabretooth himself...
    How dare you disrespect Kyle like that

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Yuck. I don’t get the mass murderer glorification on the boards lately. Keep Sabretooth locked away or kill him off.

I’d much rather have Wild Child or even Sabrecat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If you all would excuse me, I’ll be chilling in the alternate universe that resides in my subconscious thought where the roster was Synch, Psylocke, Nanny, Orphan-Maker, Greycrow, Sinister, Feral, and Jetstream.
    Who in the Christ is Greycrow

Feral should've been shot in the brain for her exit story in OG X-Force pre-AOA and left there. That chick was crazy from day one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    How dare you disrespect Kyle like that
    Mackie(?) X-Factor trying to turn Wild Child into a super xxxtreme!! Poochie-style skateboarder and romantic lead with Hatsune Miku Shard is one of the bigger lowlights of that book. I liked that crazy roster til then (Forge, Mystique, Sabretooth, Lorna, etc).

Alex has always been poorly utilized potential. You can do crazy **** with him without turning him into Hitler like Axis. I'd use him.