Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thanks for the info, Zero Hunter!

I would never have thought PM was in there! (Although, is PM supposed to be the bars or do they just eeriely look skin color in certain parts?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I love these pics! Going a long way towards washiig out the horrid memory of Flashpoint. Picture the science types one hour later trying to figure out how to seperate hopelessly tangled heroes. :-)

Has PM shown up anywhere in Rebirth yet?
    i don't think he has. i hope dc has plans for him. i'm secretly hoping mr. oz has him imprisoned somewhere.

Just posting here to wonder aloud where on earth Elongated Man is. He was DC's stretchy guy well before DC acquired Plas. He's also the only member of the Satellite era JLA that has been almost completely missing since well before Flashpoint (except for a strange cameo in Secret Six where his last name was misspelled "Dibney" and he spent most of his appearance in disguise IIRC). The other 15 (out of 16) classic JLA'ers have been accounted for. So where is he? He'd better be in one of Mr. Oz's prisons or I'll really be disappointed. DC seems to be reviving every concept in its history and Ralph's absence is glaring by its omission.

Plastic Man is the more famous character so he appears in Alex Ross's paintings of the JLA and his "Justice" (though so was Ralph) and in Grant Morrisons' extended JLA membership.

But Ralph (and Sue) Dibny had a long, storied career as major C-listers, if you can abide that slight contradiction in terms; he starred in the controversial but epic Identity Crisis and even those that hated it hated it for how mistreated they felt Ralph and especially Sue had been by the series.

But ID Crisis has nothing on the rough treatment Elongated Man and his dedicated wife have received under Johns/Lee/Didio's leadership. Under them, he just doesn't even exist.

Where's his appreciation thread? Before you ask why I don't make one, I ask in return how it could be that I'm the only one that seems to be missing such a critical member of JLA, JLI, JLE, etc.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 06-08-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Just posting here to wonder aloud where on earth Elongated Man is. He was DC's stretchy guy well before DC acquired Plas. He's also the only member of the Satellite era JLA that has been almost completely missing since well before Flashpoint (except for a strange cameo in Secret Six where his last name was misspelled "Dibney" and he spent most of his appearance in disguise IIRC). The other 15 (out of 16) classic JLA'ers have been accounted for. So where is he? He'd better be in one of Mr. Oz's prisons or I'll really be disappointed. DC seems to be reviving every concept in its history and Ralph's absence is glaring by its omission.

Plastic Man is the more famous character so he appears in Alex Ross's paintings of the JLA and his "Justice" (though so was Ralph) and in Grant Morrisons' extended JLA membership.

But Ralph (and Sue) Dibny had a long, storied career as major C-listers, if you can abide that slight contradiction in terms; he starred in the controversial but epic Identity Crisis and even those that hated it hated it for how mistreated they felt Ralph and especially Sue had been by the series.

But ID Crisis has nothing on the rough treatment Elongated Man and his dedicated wife have received under Johns/Lee/Didio's leadership. Under them, he just doesn't even exist.

Where's his appreciation thread? Before you ask why I don't make one, I ask in return how it could be that I'm the only one that seems to be missing such a critical member of JLA, JLI, JLE, etc.
    Who had the rights for Plas before DC got him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

i've also been wondering where ralph is actually.

Yeah, me too!

Astonishing Member

so plastic man and elongated man are missing. the stretchy heroes are out of action. coincidence? i know it's a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    so plastic man and elongated man are missing. the stretchy heroes are out of action. coincidence? i know it's a bit of a stretch.
    At least Justice League Action is willing to shine a spotlight on Plas .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Justice League Action is willing to shine a spotlight on Plas .
    they are? there's an episode centered on plas?

Astonishing Member

Ahahaha. Plas looks like a comedian reading about himself before going on stage to perform his nightly routine!

Astonishing Member

anybody seen dark days yet?

anybody seen dark days yet?
    That was awesome! It's about damn time.

Plas is back baby .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Plastic Man was in the 1st Batman comic I ever read. I thought he was Mr. Fantastic back then. It means I knew about Batman and Plastic Man only... lOOOOng before I became aware of the other DC characters.