Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superior Octopus #1 Announced

https://www.newsarama.com/40800-doc-...s-october.html

the-superior-octopus.jpg

Looks like someone will be following up on where Slott left SpOck. Maybe even Slott himself?

Personally, I'd be happy if Slott was the one to write this. His Doc Ock was better than his Peter.

I am so excited about this. I hope Slott is writing it because Slott has been the writer who has taken Otto to this point so I would like him to continue.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

I kept wondering if this one would actually happen or not. I hope that Mr. Slott is the writer on this as I really enjoyed the way he wrote Otto. Also it'll be interesting to see what or if any of the events of the current issue of Amazing Spider-Man are referenced.

Calling it now, series ends with him fat again lol
    Last edited by darthblinx; 07-12-2018 at 11:09 PM.

October is looking to be an extremely exciting month! I'll be picking up quite a few of these #1s - Shatterstar, Sleepwalker, and now Superior Octopus!

-Pav, who hopes Slott has writing duties...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I called this! I do think it's really interesting that he's in his Hydra outfit and wonder if that will lead to anything. Also of course, wondering who's gonna be writing it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Slott comes back, though I would also be interested to hear from whoever else could possibly take over the character, none that I can think of at the top of my head.

Spider-Man's "runner-up nemesis" returns in his own ongoing series

I'm guessing since they've released promo art for "Ghost Spider" and now this that they're trickling out the new Spider-Titles. Miles will probably be next or come at some point.

I don't know if I see Slott writing this, at least without a co-writer. Especially when he already has Iron Man and FF on his plate.

Mighty Member

Slott has seeded a number of books in the past (e.g. Agent Venom). Hopefully, this is another one and is following up properly on the Otto stuff in 800 (new name, at Horizon, etc.)

Doc Ock as the new Anti Spider hero huh well I will give it a shout wonder if Hydra is the villain for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Doc Ock as the new Anti Spider hero huh well I will give it a shout wonder if Hydra is the villain for him?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they try to spin this as an anti-hero book, but I'm going to have a hard time buying it.

I am kind of curious if a Doc Ock book that's not replacing ASM like Superior did will do as well.

I'm also curious how Spencer might play ball with this book. I don't think his Spider-Man would have handled Otto the same way Slott's did.

BANNED

One big plus here will be getting to see more of Anna Maria. She just kind of fell off the radar after Superior ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Personally, I'd be happy if Slott was the one to write this. His Doc Ock was better than his Peter.
    I agree with you. Slott's Otto is the best rendition of the character in years if not ever. I couldn't be more excited about this news.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-12-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

One big plus here will be getting to see more of Anna Maria.
    Definitely another big plus. Anna Maria is a fantastic character and, in all honesty, she & Otto are one of my favorite comic book couples. Hopefully, we'll get an eventual reunion between them in the pages of "Superior Octopus". *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

iMan 42s

Do we know if Dan is writing this yet? Because it's about freaking time this happened and it would feel kind of weird if he wasn't writing it.
    Interesting they kept the font from Superior Spider-man though.

And that's actually a potential problem they announced this. It's a satellite title so it's not like it can supersede the main book, but if Otto is in Spider-geddon as Superior Spider-man that means that if he dies in that book it's;
    1. Not permanent
    2. It's not the same Otto
    Meaning that Otto's fate could potentially be spoiled by us simply knowing he's in good enough condition to get a new book. Couldn't this have waited until after Spider-geddon? The teaser for Spider-geddon may be pretty bad since now we know ahead of time Insomniac Spider-man is fine (from his own game) and Otto gets a new book. I appreciate the title but Spider-office, for the love of Khonshu, stop spoiling the outcomes.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

One big plus here will be getting to see more of Anna Maria. She just kind of fell off the radar after Superior ended.
    Probably the best new character Slott created, honestly.