Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It really pains me to say this moreso for the fact that I genuinely like you but here's the thing.

Anything that takes away from T'challa and Wakanda being adherents to Bast, is totally unacceptable to me as a long term BP enthusiast.

Wakandans praying to Storm is nothing more than the rawest of blasphemies as regards all aspects of the BP Mythos.

T'challa should be the master of his own destiny is his damn book and not have to share space with a character hailing from a branch of Marvel Comics that's been incredibly hostile to the Black Panther.
    And honestly that does not benefit her at all.

Because in all reality-the book says BLACK PANTHER. Those sales are credited to Black Panther. Any writer reading this book or any of the previous runs will pitch a BLACK PANTHER story not a Storm one.

Because they have no reason to. All they see on the cover is BLACK PANTHER.

Anyone who builds up Storm in Panther's book is wasting time because when you try to pitch a solo-who will green light it? All that work you did just proved she is better for a side role than lead role.

It is better to world build her in her own book day ONE and deal with those growing pains than take up page time in Panther's book. If her sales are low-marry them and re-title her book as Panther & Storm.

NOW you have a book with all those couple stories and Panther is still has his own book. Now you still have two Panther lead books and that book can be used in crossover with X-Men.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The way you are describing it, the thrust of your run is what Storm does, who Storm helps, and so forth.

Your editor (a real hard-nosed SOB named "B.R. O'Gaic" ) wants T'Challa stories. Now what?
    no actually describing what she would do as a part of the subplot. the main plot would be heavily driven by BP. him fighting threats within wakanda and abroad, with the occasional assist from his main supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I can agree with that. In other words it sounds like an A & B story series. Sort like we use to see in Cap America with Falcon. Cap has the A part and Falcon had the B part.
    exactly. as I mentioned BP would be the main focus with the subplots focusing on the supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    It really pains me to say this moreso for the fact that I genuinely like you but here's the thing.

Anything that takes away from T'challa and Wakanda being adherents to Bast, is totally unacceptable to me as a long term BP enthusiast.

Wakandans praying to Storm is nothing more than the rawest of blasphemies as regards all aspects of the BP Mythos.

T'challa should be the master of his own destiny is his damn book and not have to share space with a character hailing from a branch of Marvel Comics that's been incredibly hostile to the Black Panther.
    and you know the feelings are mutual friend.

well I guess I should have been more clear. bast and all the other orisha would be back in my book and I wouldnt have told it at all how coates did. Ororo would find out about being a goddess through tchalla pushing her as he did but it would tie back to her origins as a goddess in kenya. Therefore, Ororo wouldnt be the only or even main wakandan god. her worship would be linked back to the gods in kenya as her pantheon would directly taken from that region of the world. any wakandans who do worship her wouldnt do so over bast. it would be clear and understood bast is the main goddess of wakandan. in my stories wakanda would have multiple gods they worship for different things but bast would and should be the primary god of wakanda.

again, in the story I wish to see tchalla would be setting the stage and mapping the destiny in his book. but tchalla would also understand in my book you cant be great alone and whenever the stories lends itself to it, he would have the full backing of the wakanda army, as well as shuri and his wife in his corner to make any threat against wakanda inconsequential. the stuff I mentioned about ororo would be the subplot to what things tchalla was doing as Bp/king/avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well in that case I would do what Erik Larson did with Savage Dragon-do back ups. Panther is still the main story but your back ups show all of that.

Some stories she will be a big part and others not. Yet your 4-5 pages of backup still shows her. And eventually throw all of that into a one shot for those who really want to read about her alone and seek interest in a solo.
    yes. storm wouldn't be the main character in his book. if it were a storm bp book I would be ok with them showing equal panel time, but I think how i described it would allow for development of his support while at the same time give him the primary focus. I want tchalla to have a fully developed cast and you cant care about his role with others if he is isolated to stories only about him. he has to interface with other characters both allies and adversaries alike.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no actually describing what she would do as a part of the subplot. the main plot would be heavily driven by BP. him fighting threats within wakanda and abroad, with the occasional assist from his main supporting cast.
    Still waiting to find out what the main plot IS. . That's my problem. It's CLEAR to me that you have strong ideas how to write Storm... but I haven't a clue how you would write T'Challa, beyond "him fighting threats within wakanda and abroad," which describes, well, every BP story ever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Still waiting to find out what the main plot IS. . That's my problem. It's CLEAR to me that you have strong ideas how to write Storm... but I haven't a clue how you would write T'Challa, beyond "him fighting threats within wakanda and abroad," which describes, well, every BP story ever!
    hmmm I dont know I would imagine the same stuff he has endured in the past. threats from skrull, alien entities that wish to pillage wakanda of its resources, and external governments that want to exploit wakanda. at times perhaps dealing with internal threats to his throne from people who dont like him or simply wish to see a new king. adventures would obviously also tie in with threats the avengers deal with on the regular, but I would want his book to focus primarily what his duties and struggles are within wakanda versus ones that extend beyond the border.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Here's what I want to know...

Say you are hired to write BLACK PANTHER. To sweeten the deal, Marvel agrees to let T'Challa & Storm reunite. Furthermore, the X-office agrees to give you full control of her character for the next five years. No crossovers, no UST with one mutant or another. She's all yours.

However... you were hired to write BLACK PANTHER. It's a solo book, and the new editor expects at LEAST 70% of the main plots to be about T'Challa himself, not his supporting cast.

What will you do?
    I'd give Tchalla a new genius scientist LI. I'd use Strom for filler pages running a WK boarding school for mutants/inhumans who need a place to stay and train until their powers are under control. Then they would go back home. She would also keep training those who with to going the WK military with more of a combat focus. Then she'd meet someone and date him during the five years. I'd leave it up to the X side to keep him or not.

Also...

I would lose the ongoing Star Wars parody currently going on and just straight track the origin of the vibranium meteor and prove whether or not that was an act of Bast or a random act of chance!

There may be a vibranium meteor belt out there or perhaps some rarely seen alien species invented that metal and lost a chunk during shipment that got sucked through a blackhole and the gravitational well of the Milky Way pulled it towards earth's atmosphere!

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Thank you for inviting me King T'challa."

King T'challa: "Thank you for coming Dr. Tyson I trust your flight was satisfactory."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Indeed, you have to allow me to see the specs on your jet's thrusters and how they dampen and absorb kinetic energy... I felt absolutely no turbulence."

King T'challa: "Actually, in exchange for your knowledge in astrophysics we will share a great many things with you but right now we wish for you to help track a rogue meteor that landed here 10,000 years ago."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Why choose me?"

King T'challa: "With the passing of Stephen Hawking you were next on the list."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "BOOLSHET... I'm here so that you can spy on me and see what I know you already have top astrophysicists here in Wakanda you aint slick T'challa!"

King T'challa: "Very perceptive Dr. Tyson you read me like a book... Perhaps we can come to an understanding."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "It's all good I'm getting paid well for my troubles... How were you planning to turn back time to track this meteor?"

King T'challa: "These are King Solomon's Frogs, they have magical properties that will take us back in time. The Wakandan Design Group has manufactured a special telescope that detects trace amounts of vibranium."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Good, and space travel?"

King T'challa: "The ship you arrived in is also outfitted for longterm intergalactic travel I hope you packed your suitcases well."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "We will also have to calculate for various time dilations so as not to lose track of the meteor's source of origin."

King T'challa: "Of course let us be off then."

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "AHEM, I brought some special stuff that also has magical properties... Is Weed legal in Wakanda?"

King T'challa: "Weed???"

Yeah something like that...

Invincible Member

I like Storm, but she would not be in my run.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

Neil deGrasse Tyson: "AHEM, I brought some special stuff that also has magical properties... Is Weed legal in Wakanda?"

King T'challa: "Weed???"

Yeah something like that...
    Truly LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Issue 7? That witten imagery is too good to be left up to an artist. The first arc as I said should be animated, but this needs to be the opening pages to a novel. I'll need about 250 to 300 more pages. lol
    Your wish is my command!

Arc #2 (issues 7-12), Issue #8 - "The first class passenger":

"Vibro something"; that is what her man was called. A youth, not even 1/10th of the man her king was. The boarding passenger with wide black sun glasses and the black scarf wrapped around her visage watched the young woman, no longer a girl, board the plane to Heathrow Airport. It had been a long time since this boarding passenger had been to the United Kingdom. She hated it there; always cloudy and gloomy. She stood up and followed a few passengers behind the woman known to her as 'Queen' Devine Justice. She showed the stupid blond colonizer her boarding pass; "Welcome aboard Mary Alice"!

Malice chuckled to herself when she thought about how cleaver her fake boarding pass name was as she made her way down the long connecting tunnel that led to the giant plane. She had a 1st class ticket, but upon seeing the 'Queen' go into business class, she put on a smile that would have melted any man's heart and offered to trade her ticket to a British fellow that was more than happy to be bumped to first class; "I will trade with you only if you let me take you out for a drink when we reach Longford". Malice smiled like he was the most charming man in the world, and agreed that she would. In reality she looked right through him as if he wasn't there. But to the graying man from the UK he only saw this ebony vision in front of him that he would gladly leave his wife for.

Two rows behind and on the opposite side of the isle she sat. "Perfect" she thought. She watched the young "Queen" with hatred in her eyes. "I know she slept with him. My man! My King"!

The giant plane taxied down the runway for its launch into the NY sky. Even with all her powers and abilities Malice still felt trepidation when she was flying. To calm herself she had taken her sights off the "Queen" and gazed into her own hands. The nails were still dark from the blood. She raised her hands to her face and gently sniffed her own fingers. A sense of calm came over her. "I can still smell him"; she thought to herself. The blood of 'Ross' was dried under her nail beds, but the thought of his entrails in her hands made her unconsciously smile, and had the calming effect she desired.

Many hours later the pilot announced their intended decent and went on to describe his gratitude for the all the other human cattle flying with him today, and continued talking about the weather upon landing. Malice paid him no mind as he continued to talk about something to do with "An Arsenal, that had beat a Chelsea" to win some stupid colonizers title game. Her whole being was focused on the "young bitch" (her new nickname for the stupid 'Queen'). The young bitch was apologizing to the person besides her because she had to get up to use the restroom before the 'fasten your seat belt sign' came on. Malice moved as quick as a cobra and made her way back to the bathroom first.

In the dark she waited. She had not bothered to lock the door so the light never came on. The bathroom was the one furthest from the seats, and if Malice knew these stupid Westernized cows like she thought she did; she knew the young bitch would pick this one.

Queen opened the door in a trance. Still saddened over the loss of her young lover. He had died of Lupus of all things, she thought. "All those powers, and a stupid disease took him away from me". She was still deep in melancholy when the strong, sleek, female hand grasped her around her neck with the strength of four grown men, and yanked her into the small restroom. She had no time to scream as her throat was ripped out in the blink of an eye. Her head exploded with white lights and she started to grasp for her wounded neck when the even greater pain struck her groin and ripped its way up to her breast bone. Her dying vision was of Malice holding the makeshift blade in front of her eyes, and the evil grin that mocked her. She had no time to think of her former lover; she only had time to die.

"I think someone made a mess in the bathroom"; 'Mary Alice' told the flight attendant as she left the plane. She smiled sexily at the middle age white man that waved her towards him and the baggage claim. "I am in such a good mood right now, I might actually let him buy me a drink or two before I rip his guts out"; she thought. She laughed out loud then as she walked towards him. She didn't care if anyone was watching.

"I am closer now my King. Here I come"!
    Last edited by Mantis Dad; 07-12-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I like Storm, but she would not be in my run.
    i love Storm and BP but they wouldn't be playing love interests in any capacity in any run. This is the only aspect of comics that bores the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Your wish is my command!

Arc #2 (issues 7-12), Issue #8 - "The first class passenger":

"Vibro something"; that is what her man was called. A youth, not even 1/10th of the man her king was. The boarding passenger with wide black sun glasses and the black scarf wrapped around her visage watched the young woman, no longer a girl, board the plane to Heathrow Airport. It had been a long time since this boarding passenger had been to the United Kingdom. She hated it there; always cloudy and gloomy. She stood up and followed a few passengers behind the woman known to her as 'Queen' Devine Justice. She showed the stupid blond colonizer her boarding pass; "Welcome aboard Mary Alice"!

Malice chuckled to herself when she thought about how cleaver her fake boarding pass name was as she made her way down the long connecting tunnel that led to the giant plane. She had a 1st class ticket, but upon seeing the 'Queen' go into business class, she put on a smile that would have melted any man's heart and offered to trade her ticket to a British fellow that was more than happy to be bumped to first class; "I will trade with you only if you let me take you out for a drink when we reach Longford". Malice smiled like he was the most charming man in the world, and agreed that she would. In reality she looked right through him as if he wasn't there. But to the graying man from the UK he only saw this ebony vision in front of him that he would gladly leave his wife for.

Two rows behind and on the opposite side of the isle she sat. "Perfect" she thought. She watched the young "Queen" with hatred in her eyes. "I know she slept with him. My man! My King"!

The giant plane taxied down the runway for its launch into the NY sky. Even with all her powers and abilities Malice still felt trepidation when she was flying. To calm herself she had taken her sights off the "Queen" and gazed into her own hands. The nails were still dark from the blood. She raised her hands to her face and gently sniffed her own fingers. A sense of calm came over her. "I can still smell him"; she thought to herself. The blood of 'Ross' was dried under her nail beds, but the thought of his entrails in her hands made her unconsciously smile, and had the calming effect she desired.

Many hours later the pilot announced their intended decent and went on to describe his gratitude for the all the other human cattle flying with him today, and continued talking about the weather upon landing. Malice paid him no mind as he continued to talk about something to do with "An Arsenal, that had beat a Chelsea" to win some stupid colonizers title game. Her whole being was focused on the "young bitch" (her new nickname for the stupid 'Queen'). The young bitch was apologizing to the person besides her because she had to get up to use the restroom before the 'fasten your seat belt sign' came on. Malice moved as quick as a cobra and made her way back to the bathroom first.

In the dark she waited. She had not bothered to lock the door so the light never came on. The bathroom was the one furthest from the seats, and if Malice knew these stupid Westernized cows like she thought she did; she knew the young bitch would pick this one.

Queen opened the door in a trance. Still saddened over the loss of her young lover. He had died of Lupus of all things, she thought. "All those powers, and a stupid disease took him away from me". She was still deep in melancholy when the strong, sleek, female hand grasped her around her neck with the strength of four grown men, and yanked her into the small restroom. She had no time to scream as her throat was ripped out in the blink of an eye. Her head exploded with white lights and she started to grasp for her wounded neck when the even greater pain struck her groin and ripped its way up to her breast bone. Her dying vision was of Malice holding the makeshift blade in front of her eyes, and the evil grin that mocked her. She had no time to think of her former lover; she only had time to die.

"I think someone made a mess in the bathroom"; 'Mary Alice' told the flight attendant as she left the plane. She smiled sexily at the middle age white man that waved her towards him and the baggage claim. "I am in such a good mood right now, I might actually let him buy me a drink or two before I rip his guts out"; she thought. She laughed out loud then as she walked towards him. She didn't care if anyone was watching.

"I am closer now my King. Here I come"!
    I think I went through the entire DC lantern emotional spectrum reading this. lol

I might have also had a Transformers the animated movie flash back.
    Last edited by Cville; 07-12-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh her. lololol. I'm not seeing her being much of a threat
    great real housewives of Africa moment for Princess Zanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think I went through the entire DC lantern emotional spectrum reading this. lol

I might have also had a Transformers the animated movie flash back.
    As Rocky said to Bullwinkle; "Now for something your'll really like"!!

Arc #2 (issues 7-12), Issue #8 - Shuri's Cat Nap:

Back arched backwards in a yawn; while firm breasts and nipples hardened by the mountain's coolness reached for the sky. She had fallen asleep and dreamed. Her dreams were of a kingdom not given over to the eldest son, but to the one most worthy; she thought as she yawned herself into wakefulness. She did not hate or even dislike her brother; but she did hate the reality of her life right now.

Before she could dwell on her thoughts any longer, the 'smell' suddenly assaulted her. The heart shaped herb still coursed through her veins, rather her brother knew it or not. She could smell the rotted flesh, she could hear the small carrion eaters as they traversed along what could only be ....what?. Where was this coming from? Was she still in a dream? No, this was real!

She came to full alertness faster than a mother lion defending her cubs. She turned over and bent on all fours, her plump ebony buttocks exposed to the world. As she crawled along the mountainside with her nose inches from the ground, any passerby, seeing this vision from behind, would have been paralyzed by the sight of her firm, tight womanhood with its shining glossy coat, peaking out between her muscular thighs.

She stiffened as a cool breeze drifted up from the earth beneath her. "A Cave"; she wondered? She could smell and feel the earth's breath as it blew its soft breath against her cheek. The smell of death that she originally smelled assaulted her even stronger than before. Shuri began to dig.

The hole in the high mountain terrain before her gaped open faster than she suspected. She saw in her mind's eye a cave with an egg shell ceiling; and she was the small predator about to dig through the shell, to the sweet savory insides. She fell headlong and bare as her birth day to the dark abyss below.

Her panther like reflexes and the brittle "wood" beneath her, helped cushion her fall. As she jumped to alertness at any sudden attack, she circled like a cornered beast.

Her brother was all around her! His scent was everywhere! Another scent assaulted her senses; was that Storm? She reached down to feel in the darkness. Something about the 'wood' beneath her grew a putrid glow inside her mortal soul. "Bones"; She said out loud to no one! She sat down on her haunches and was as quiet as she had ever been. She sat like this for almost an hour until she was sure she was alone. The darkness of the subterranean cave lightened to her natural keen senses and the image of thousands of bones filled her vision.

She was alone, in a mountain crevasse full of bones. Bones of her ancestors. Bones of her brother. Bones of her self?? What did all this mean? How could these be the bones of the living.

Silent as a wraith the voice spoke next to her ear. "My darling princess. Thank you for coming to see my collection. I hope that you one day will join the tears of my failures; or better yet, the trophies of my success". As the image of the being appeared in front of her face, she heard a voice inside her head; "Allow me to introduce myself".

Inside her soul, she screamed!
    Last edited by Mantis Dad; 07-12-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Mighty Member

I would give Klaw the Thanos treatment ala Starlin. All of his poor showings in the last few decades would be washed away as shards of his shattered psyche in solid sound form. A long arc. Because this would all be revealed slowly as T'Challa has to go to our own solar systems ring of asteroids to counter one or more of Klaws manifestations at a Wakandan exploratory expedition for the source of the vibranium asteroid. You see, as Klaw collects his psyche he becomes more aware of the properties of vibranium, indeed, he can sense them as dead sound spots throughout the galaxy with his newly developed cosmic sense of sound. T'Challa, using his guile, gets a couple of clues as to the path of the original asteroid. In the long run it is all a trap of Klaws. The vibranium throughout the galaxy are the last remnants of the homeworld of a newly revealed elder if the universe whose obsession is music. I have not decided on his connection specifically to the vibranium, but he considers it his and wants it back. By leading T'Challa to the elder, T'Challa leads him back to Wakanda where this elder threatens the whole earth. With all the earth threatened with destruction by the elder and a newly invigorated Klaw what is Marvel to do but have a crossover event with T'Challa and Wakanda as the central focus.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    As Rocky said to Bullwinkle; "Now for something your'll really like"!!

Arc #2 (issues 7-12), Issue #8 - Shuri's Cat Nap:

Back arched backwards in a yawn; while firm breasts and nipples hardened by the mountain's coolness reached for the sky. She had fallen asleep and dreamed. Her dreams were of a kingdom not given over to the eldest son, but to the one most worthy; she thought as she yawned herself into wakefulness. She did not hate or even dislike her brother; but she did hate the reality of her life right now.

Before she could dwell on her thoughts any longer, the 'smell' suddenly assaulted her. The heart shaped herb still coursed through her veins, rather her brother knew it or not. She could smell the rotted flesh, she could hear the small carrion eaters as they traversed along what could only be ....what?. Where was this coming from? Was she still in a dream? No, this was real!

She came to full alertness faster than a mother lion defending her cubs. She turned over and bent on all fours, her plump ebony buttocks exposed to the world. As she crawled along the mountainside with her nose inches from the ground, any passerby, seeing this vision from behind, would have been paralyzed by the sight of her firm, tight womanhood with its shining glossy coat, peaking out between her muscular thighs.

She stiffened as a cool breeze drifted up from the earth beneath her. "A Cave"; she wondered? She could smell and feel the earth's breath as it blew its soft breath against her cheek. The smell of death that she originally smelled assaulted her even stronger than before. Shuri began to dig.

The hole in the high mountain terrain before her gaped open faster than she suspected. She saw in her mind's eye a cave with an egg shell ceiling; and she was the small predator about to dig through the shell, to the sweet savory insides. She fell headlong and bare as her birth day to the dark abyss below.

Her panther like reflexes and the brittle "wood" beneath her, helped cushion her fall. As she jumped to alertness at any sudden attack, she circled like a cornered beast.

Her brother was all around her! His scent was everywhere! Another scent assaulted her senses; was that Storm? She reached down to feel in the darkness. Something about the 'wood' beneath her grew a putrid glow inside her mortal soul. "Bones"; She said out loud to no one! She sat down on her haunches and was as quiet as she had ever been. She sat like this for almost an hour until she was sure she was alone. The darkness of the subterranean cave lightened to her natural keen senses and the image of thousands of bones filled her vision.

She was alone, in a mountain crevasse full of bones. Bones of her ancestors. Bones of her brother. Bones of her self?? What did all this mean? How could these be the bones of the living.

Silent as a wraith the voice spoke next to her ear. "My darling princess. Thank you for coming to see my collection. I hope that you one day will join the tears of my failures; or better yet, the trophies of my success". As the image of the being appeared in front of her face, she heard a voice inside her head; "Allow me to introduce myself".

Inside her soul, she screamed!
    So this is Trunks/Goten Shuri? She has the SS shortcut. Lol