Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nakia hasn't heard Kamala's origin story? Odd, I would've thought she'd tell that story as soon as she revealed she was Ms Marvel. Clearly that's the framing device for a recap of the No Normal arc.
    Might be relevant to the arc if these aliens are targeting her for Inhuman reasons but most likely just being new reader friendly.

So, Captain Marvel. Not great, amazing or outstanding, but pretty enjoyable. So how about Kamala? What did we get for her in this movie that hints of her existence or confirmation of being in a future Captain Marvel movie or MCU outing?

spoilers:
    Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Went as much as I expected so I'm not disappointed. However given how the Internet and people and review sites and critics seem to be crapping all over this film, I'm really hoping this won't cause execs to pull the plug on certain projects. Even though I'd be excited for a Captain Marvel 2, my primary investment for that movie now is a Kamala appearance ever since Feige seemed to all but scream that MCU Kamala is happening.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Most reviews I went to like it. Also Kree blood will be the connection

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    given how the Internet and people and review sites and critics seem to be crapping all over this film
    The genuine reviewers aren't. There's a trolling boycott campaign going on!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So, Captain Marvel. Not great, amazing or outstanding, but pretty enjoyable. So how about Kamala? What did we get for her in this movie that hints of her existence or confirmation of being in a future Captain Marvel movie or MCU outing?

spoilers:
    Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Went as much as I expected so I'm not disappointed. However given how the Internet and people and review sites and critics seem to be crapping all over this film, I'm really hoping this won't cause execs to pull the plug on certain projects. Even though I'd be excited for a Captain Marvel 2, my primary investment for that movie now is a Kamala appearance ever since Feige seemed to all but scream that MCU Kamala is happening.
    end of spoilers
    I mean timeline wise, the movie was set before Kamala hypothetically would've been born, so it's not too surprising.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, she ought to be born around 2005-6, depending on when she actually gets her MCU debut (that would make her 13-14 now - she'd be around 16-17 when she does show up, her age in the comics). The film is set in 1995, so her parents would probably still be teenagers!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I feel sorry for the actress when Ms Marvel finally happens.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Because of the pressure of the limelight?

Anyway, interview with Ahmed about the comic:
    https://www.newsarama.com/44247-ever...-marvel-1.html

Looks like a slight age up has happened. They're talking about her being a young adult.

hopefully she'll be in high school for another 10 years. but I suspect that won't happen.

Wilson always had Kamala at age 16, but certain events elsewhere make that no longer tenable. Secret Wars had an eight month timeskip. Her brother got married (to a girl who only debuted after Secret Wars) and then had a kid - that means at least a further 9 months have passed. And we know from Champions that a new school year recently started. Kamala must now be in her senior year, 18 on her next birthday. I think Ahmed will have her graduate at some point - though it does need synergising with the Miles Morales book as he would graduate at the same time. He writes both, so that won't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I feel sorry for the actress when Ms Marvel finally happens.
    I agree. She's going to face quite a struggle, if the treatment of Brie Larson is any indication. She will be scrutinized on a level that will probably exceed both Larson and Gal Gadot. Plus, I'm sure she'll be subject to a level of bigotry that will only be amplified by social media.

All that said, I think Ms. Marvel will be a huge leap forward for the MCU. Her perspective, both as a young female hero and a minority, will be critical in ways we haven't yet seen with other heroes. It'll probably still be a while before we get anything official, but I think the success of Captain Marvel means that Ms. Marvel joining the MCU is inevitable at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because of the pressure of the limelight?
    No. Because of the nerd/incel fandom

Look at the **** the BP movie went through.

Look at the **** the CM movie went through.

So now take a dark skinned woman... and add a dose of Islam to it.

It is gonna be a **** storm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree. She's going to face quite a struggle, if the treatment of Brie Larson is any indication. She will be scrutinized on a level that will probably exceed both Larson and Gal Gadot. Plus, I'm sure she'll be subject to a level of bigotry that will only be amplified by social media.

All that said, I think Ms. Marvel will be a huge leap forward for the MCU. Her perspective, both as a young female hero and a minority, will be critical in ways we haven't yet seen with other heroes. It'll probably still be a while before we get anything official, but I think the success of Captain Marvel means that Ms. Marvel joining the MCU is inevitable at this point.
    The only real question is if MM is going to be a movie or a show in Disney+ IMO

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only real question is if MM is going to be a movie or a show in Disney+ IMO
    I'm hoping with this current crop of Marvel cartoons wrapping up that they'll eventually make a Ms. Marvel cartoon. Or even a Champions one.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm hoping with this current crop of Marvel cartoons wrapping up that they'll eventually make a Ms. Marvel cartoon. Or even a Champions one.
    Marvel Rising is kind of a Champions cartoon, even if it's basically just a series of specials at this point.

But I do think Kamala would benefit more from a TV series then a feature-length picture.