Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Really please with this one, I loved the gambit and rogue team since the 90s so them being in it is great.

Betsy as Captain Britain is a great move and apocalypse is a nice twist.

I hope to see some of MI13 appear and that logo is awesome

It is crazy and I love it! I like that team is not huge as X-Force.
    Gambit, Rogue, Betsy and Jubs are great. Would chage Rictor for Nightcrawler or X-23 but ok.
    Can't wait to see Apocalypse and Gambit interaction about old horseman times.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-21-2019 at 02:54 AM.

This is one where I'm more excited for the creative team than the cast, tbh. Tini and Marcus are gonna kill it. But I have a real soft spot for the Otherworld stuff too, and that's enough for me to at least give the first arc a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This is one where I'm more excited for the creative team than the cast, tbh. Tini and Marcus are gonna kill it. But I have a real soft spot for the Otherworld stuff too, and that's enough for me to at least give the first arc a try.
    Can you recommend your fave Tini book? Not familiar with her.
    Love Marcus art.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

I'll actually be buying this one. One being the figurative word. The other line-ups reek of desperation.

1. Aside from the inexplicable addition of Apocalypse, I do enjoy the line-up.

2. Magic isn't something that touches the mutant side of comics very much, with the exception of Illyana's use of Limbonic magic from the hell dimension. Britain has unique history in this genre and I think it'll be nice to see this eclectic bunch tackle that brand of madness, if written correctly.

3. Tini Howard was a winner of the Top Cow Talent Hunt and her first comics credit was 2014's Magdalena: Seventh Sacrament. Can't say I've read her work but the addition of ANY female writer is a good thing.
    Marcus To's pencils are spot on and I can't think of any inker who could screw them up. He'll be another reason I pick up this title.

4. I have the original Chris Claremont (Writer) and Alan Davis (Artist) series back when it was a Marvel UK title and it'll be hard to top that run. Captain Britain, Megan, Kitty and Lockheed, Rachel Summers and Nightcrawler. It had a kick-ass bunch of supplemental characters that came and went as well. It ran for an impressive 125 issues and I have them all. That said, yes- I like the idea of the title trying something new.

It's nice to see Rictor added to this group. I know that he and Shatterstar aren't joined at the hip -so bear with me here- but at the very least I do hope Star has the odd cameo as he did in New Mutantsead Souls. For one reason, he IS from the Mojoverse (a dimension of science and MAGIC) plus he's a teleporter (a fact other writers seem to forget). Fingers crossed!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The line-up sounds unorthodox and quirky but I love it, yes even Apocalypse! I love Otherworld-connected stories and very much looking forward to seeing the connection between mutants and magic explored. I think the Captain Britain mythos is ripe for exploration and I'm excited to see my darling Betsy taking on the mantle from her brother (who I hope is still featured though)

Marcus To's art is always a sweet treat but I'm totally unfamiliar with Tini' writing - has anyone read anything of hers and can share some feedback?

Pros:
    -very interested in the mechanics of mutant magic
    -the lineup radiates such gay/bi solidarity energy
    -the costume designs
    -loves Tini’s writing on Thanos and that Captain America annual
    -the art. the ART. both interiors and covers
    -no Kurt, Kate, or Rachel so they can appear in another capacity elsewhere so they aren’t doing the same thing

Cons:
    -really don’t have one

It feels like a title that has a very unique concept and line-up that makes me wonder how exactly we get here from Hox/Pox. It out of all the titles feels like it has the most unique look and story idea.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Every new team has a villain but Excalibut got the coolest one. Interesting to see what Apoc will do and if team will fight him at the end.

Just noticed that excepth of Apoc all these cgaracters are absent from HOX POX.

Incredible Member

Would be perfect with Pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Okay, we don't need this thread repeated every time for each book.
    Sure we do. In fact YES we do.

Astonishing Member

So, this team's got a married couple, a young mother and a sister taking over for her brother. I wonder if this series will be the one with the most "family" vibe.

If there is a team you can put someone as OP as Apocalypse on, Excalibur is the one. Otherworld, Cross-time and magic stuff are big enough things that they might be a match for him.

I’m definitely the most stoked for this title; any book with both Remy and Rogue is always gonna get me the most excited (also like the idea of their marriage being mentioned outside of their own books). But having Betsy and Jubilee there with them is the icing on the cake for me (blue team reunion yay!!). I love Remy and Jubilee’s dynamic and I hope that this book gives Betsy and Rogue the chance to grow closer. I’m indifferent to Rictor being there and meh about Apocalypse, though I wonder if Remy’s Death persona will be brought up again.

As far as the concept for Excalibur goes, I’m excited about the whole magic thing going on, considering how none of them are magic-wielding mutants. Now I’m wondering if Rogue’s powers extend to magic as well.....

I’m also curious about the tone of the book. Will it be more “light hearted” than the rest? Though the cover has them looking more badass than the X-force team lmao
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 07-21-2019 at 06:44 AM.

I'd be into it if they replaced Gambit and Rogue with Pixie and Meggan. They would be a best fit for a team dealing with magic.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way