Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My problem with Legacy is that it's not really a cohesive story. It's just an advertisement for the upcoming arcs of the books under this "Legacy" banner.

Wolverine is back, so what? The Frank and Val reveal is cool, but has shown us nothing new. We already knew what they were doing and this doesn't promise us that they are coming back soon, they could still be gone for 3 more years for all we know.

The most interesting aspect was the Celestial story, all the other plots should have been tied to that. It would have been much cooler for me if the FF reveal was tied to whatever that Celestial mystery, like if they haven't returned yet because of it. It would have also built up hype for Two-in-One as there would be a mystery to how missing FF are doing.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

From Avengers 0 back in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    They forgot to draw her before, recently infact.
    I'd be very surprised if they didn't include her in the picture in later printings.

Incredible Member

I always thought when I read Robbie didn’t have the spirit of vengeance but the sprit of his uncle, and that Johnny was the one who had the spirit of vengeance, so shouldn’t Johnny be the one having the nightmares?

Hopefully Namor will play a significant role in this story at some point, considering that the crate # is a clear reference to his first appearance and the start of Marvel Comics as Timely.

loved it. one thing, i now have my suspicions that "voyager" is really a grown-up valeria richards. if so, it makes me wonder what happened to franklin given that ending.

either way, WELCOME BACK FF and LOGAN (and soon to be JEAN). the marvel universe have missed you

Rank 7 of 10.

A good mystery as the main plot and some sub plots being addressed that will develop out of the main title.

If on one hand Logan's return is nothing exceptional on the other hand the participation of Valeria and his brother are good news. Speaking of Logan the guy appear out of nowhere with a truck of beers and passing over the villain was very funny .

There is a whole mood of nostalgia and even some meta comments like the villains do not recognize Sam, Thor or Iron Heart as Avengers or Ben and Johnny wondering if the world remembers or still needs the FF or in Valeria's words that changes not are easy.

Does anyone else think that Valeria might be hinted as the next Starbrand. That star in the hand (which is very similar to the star brand symbol) seemed to make her want to go back home, like a calling. It definitely fits in with the Legacy theme that she was thinking about.

Last edited by Crimz; 09-27-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member

Curious when that conversation when MJ took place because in the iron man book Friday was the one who informed everyone tony was gone last week

Man.. Wade is really broken. Just TAKES it from those cops and doesn't have a single care in the world.

Gotta say my favorite part was seeing the "4" in the sky with Johnny and Ben.

Welcome back, Logan.. even if it was weird than a teen version of Jean who hardly knows you well enough to miss you was the one looking for you.

Worth the 6 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    having read the issue a few times now it does make me wonder about how wolverine was resurrected exactly and by who????.
    this may sound crazy, but I think he may be the new Starbrand. I mean, the other one kinda... you know, exploded, so a new one will be needed. There is one panel where you can see a tiny bit of white poking up above the collar of his shirt which may be the brand, and the BC Starbrand had the brand on his chest as well. And it would explain his sudden interest in Infinity Gems, and his 'galactic travel guide', and the explosion that accompanied the choosing of the last one leveled a school, could be enough to crack open the adamantium shell encasing him.

Also, JK left out one very important detail about Loki's involvement here. He said (to himself, so not a lie) that he's doing it to save the world. A very key detail, in his case. Even if he does seem to be taking an ends justify the means approach.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-27-2017 at 09:46 AM.

This was very confusing.

I'm not sure what the deal with with the Wakandan Intergalactic Empire. Seems like a complicated retcon though it's an interesting concept. Definitely something to do with 1mil BC it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I always thought when I read Robbie didn’t have the spirit of vengeance but the sprit of his uncle, and that Johnny was the one who had the spirit of vengeance, so shouldn’t Johnny be the one having the nightmares?
    Danny does. Though the Ghost Rider continuity is a bit of a mess. Johnny hosts Zarathos, who has seemed to become a SoV over the years. Danny hosts a Spirit of Vengeance, but may be currently depowered. Robbie hosts his uncle's evil spirit. Not sure why neither Danny nor Johnny would be having those dreams either since they're actually connected to the Spirit of Vengeance, but that remains to be seen. Technically speaking, Robbie's a Ghost Rider in name only, as his spirit has nothing to do with vengeance. Seems like they'll do some retconning in order to bring him into the fold. They've already given him a penance stare.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Hopefully Namor will play a significant role in this story at some point, considering that the crate # is a clear reference to his first appearance and the start of Marvel Comics as Timely.
    Atlanteans would actually make sense within the context of having possible Avengers who exist in 1mil BC, but opportunity lost. I doubt despite all of Marvel's emphasis on "Legacy", that he will though.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 09-27-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Aaron did his best here, but for all his hard work he couldn't prevent this from reading like a hastily strung-together Previews mag. The different stories just had nothing to do with each other. What's more, the huge range of preview snippets didn't really cover a lot that we didn't already know; we knew already about Planet Hulk, the Cap teaser told us nothing new (and was also implausible, because the barista somehow didn't recognise a man who had previously been dictator of the US), and no one ever believed Stark was dead for even a second,.

I'm not thrilled about Wolverine coming back, but was happy to see Valeria.

With all the meta stuff, it seemed pretty obvious that Marvel are trying to pass this off as their 'Rebirth', but it just doesn't feel that way. Nothing huge changed in this issue, and the price of the book just emphasises that nothing has really changed in Marvel's outlook toward their readers. I'm sure I'll enjoy some of the Legacy books, but this didn't inspire me to pick up anything I wouldn't otherwise buy. And I expect many other people will be feeling the same.

Maybe they'll go Rick and Morty and realize Voyager is a "fake" because they have no bad memories of her?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    So the book that Marvel have been teasing and recently leaking is finally here and lots did happen. Quick summary, probably missing things, but we need a place to discuss this rather messy book and what it all means.

• The 1,000,000 BC Avengers were fighting a celestial, but one clearly searching and digging for something
    • Robbie Reyes has been dreaming about that event and finds himself in the place that it happened, now South Africa
    • Loki is using his Laufey legacy to gain a crate
    • Starbrand is talking about legacy in a very personal way and how the world was cursed
    • Starbrand seems to be killing costumed heroes that are seeking either the celestial or what it was seeking
    • Reyes discovers he has access to the 'penance stare' when he uses it on Starbrand
    • The unorthodox areologists find the celestial alive and it summons The Final Host to Cleanse Them All
    • The Crate is claimed by a resurrected Wolverine and he pulls out an Infinity Stone
    • Gamora is tracking the Infinity Stones and notices one has been found
    • Loki seems keen on the Final Host idea as he arrives next to the celestial
    • The starbrand symbol seems to show up in a multiversal sky and Valeria is inspired to start heading home

Then in other news...

• Cap is reflecting on how the world sees him
    • Odinson id brooding while a Seer suicides over the return of Mangog
    • MJ discovers Stark's body is missing
    • Deadpool is confessing and atoning for the death of Coulson.
    • Osborn is trying to break into the Sanctum Sactorum past Strange and Iron Fist (both are having that dream)
    • The Avengers stature has the wrong personnel, but Nadia and Jarvis cant place it. No Wasp and Voyager instead.
    • Ironheart can't remember 'Avengers Assemble'
    • Johnny and Ben reflect on their F4 legacy as they begin a new venture
    • We get views of an Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda
    • A monitoring station miss a message calling Hulk to Skaar
    When did the mansion get fully rebuilt and put to use for this group of Avengers?