Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Since when did this forum become Youtube’s comment section? I need to stop reading yall’s comments they be ruining my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Why isn't anyone shooting the obvious metal target again?
    Same reason Domino just watches Warpath get Hounded and doesn't put a bullet hole in Maxime and Manon. A lot of stuff happening in Extermination just happens to move the plot along.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume that's Jean talking at the end there.

Domino doesn't realise Gabby has a healing factor, then? She CAN'T kill Honey Badger! All she can do is try to KO her.
    The person says: "Sorry we're late" so I'd assume that's Kitty's team finally arriving:

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Since when did this forum become Youtube’s comment section? I need to stop reading yall’s comments they be ruining my mood.
    Since before you joined

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Same reason Domino just watches Warpath get Hounded and doesn't put a bullet hole in Maxime and Manon. A lot of stuff happening in Extermination just happens to move the plot along.
    It actually seems to be the opposite...it's not moving anywhere with the plot...the plot is to get them home and it's like they're throwing everything else around "oooo lets do this one last time before they go"

Jean TK knocking Old Hound Logan into Trinary? Bye, Trinary.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Pessimism Is A Way Of Life.

Why the [BLEEP] isn't Jean teaching Ahab about empathy???

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It actually seems to be the opposite...it's not moving anywhere with the plot...the plot is to get them home and it's like they're throwing everything else around "oooo lets do this one last time before they go"
    Fair. Instead, the X-Men are doing EVERYTHING in their power to leep this B-plot rolling. Maybe they secretly don't want the O5 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ahab said DPS is an overrated story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Her teenage son bossing her around with no respect
    Ahab told her that her outfit was tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, Exiles has one more issue after that.
    OH you're right lmao! Even though this isn't a Saladin Ahmed thread, he's gonna be writing 'The Magnificent Ms Marvel' w/ art by Minkyu Jung and I'm PSYCHED!
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...984147456?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That...actually would have been MUCH better! And would’ve actually made Hope relevant again for the first time since Second Coming, while at the same time setting her up as Cable’s legacy character in a big way, by having her take the whole “the end justifies the means” approach that Cable was so known for back in the day. I actually LOVE that idea. Damn shame it didn’t play out that way.

And when X-Force busts in to stop her, as they did Kid Cable last issue, they end up freeing Nathan and they all team up to take on Ahab in issue #5. Wow. So much better this way! I’m now really pissed it didn’t go down like that. Instead we got a pointless death of an awesome character only to replace him with yet another lame teen version, just while we’re getting rid of a bunch of lame teen versions of other characters. *sigh*
    They could've still had "The Exterminated" with the focus on Jean and Hope. This time the focus could be how Hope is growing increasingly independent and, in Jean/Kitty's opinion, maybe too dangerous for her own good. With her kicking Cable out to lead X-Force, the whole thing with MeMe, possibly becoming the future 'Stryfe', and now betraying Cable to take matters into her own hands. It could even end with an ideological divide with between Jean and Hope, comparing their VERY different experiences in the X-World and how that led to their different positions. Then, we get a Hope-led X-Force, maybe with some other X-Men who don't like the passive approach or babying from Kitty. It evokes the same 90s X-Force feel of militaristic rebellion without doing an ENTIRE nostalgic retread. Like you said, that would push her as Cable's legacy while he might get soft in his old age. Great character development for Hope, an ACTUAL criticism of Kitty and Jean's pacifism instead of whatever's happening in Uncanny, and same fallout titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That doesnt explain why there was no interaction with Cable after Bendis left and he's been gone over 3 years now
    It's the same mentality Bendis has. And it's not entirely "it will confuse new readers". IMO, writers spend a few minutes coming up with their plot and then avoid any characters who make it not make sense or any side tangents. But that makes it easier to write.

The first time Rachel interacted on panel with Nate Grey was in Dan Abnett's New Mutants. But the panel was insignificant and related to the plot of the issue. Dan was asked about it on Twitter and wasn't sure about if/when they had interacted before so he just avoided it. It takes extra effort to figure out how to put a cute panel in with that type of character interaction and there's no drawbacks to not doing it. Writers focus on their action-oriented plots and any character drama only serves the purpose of driving that plot.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 12-14-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Logan and Cyclops has much more chemistry

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I will never understand why people have a problem with others being upset by subpar work. This is trash and deserves to be called out as such
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 12-14-2018 at 01:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I will never understand why people have a problem with people being upset by subpar work. This is trash and deserves to be called out as such
    "give it a chance"

problem is we've keep on giving it a chance and it's still shit....after 10 years it isn't going to get better

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Jean TK knocking Old Hound Logan into Trinary? Bye, Trinary.
    She just chucked a 300 lb geezer at her, full force. Jean's over this X-Men Red ish.

"give it a chance"

problem is we've keep on giving it a chance and it's still shit....after 10 years it isn't going to get better
    The bi-weekly schedule on Gold and the weekly schedule in UXM just made it worse, because now it's not only consistently bad, but too frequently so.

"give it a chance"

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    The bi-weekly schedule on Gold and the weekly schedule in UXM just made it worse, because now it's not only consistently bad, but too frequently so.
    The idea isn't bad. A Bi-weekly book would be good if they had an A story and a B story and give both enough space that they're elements of the same larger story, but focus on different characters....but that is NOT what we got...we got LESS material at a higher cost.

It used to be that the reader was given an omnipotent POV where we knew what was going on, but not where it was going.....now we dont know what's going on, neither do the characters, we don't know where it's going, and when it gets there it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If Storm & Emma were ever written by Ryan Murphy....<3