Page 260 of 827 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 12391

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I'm not familiar with these guys but boy, are they talented!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    This was pretty awesome.

Much better than some live action anime adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm not familiar with these guys but boy, are they talented!
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This was pretty awesome.

Yeah I never heard of them before seeing this clip on facebook. Once I win the lottery (snicker) I'm hiring them to choreograph the fight scenes in my movies, lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The whole controversy is absolutely insane. Tifa's breasts are still big, she's just wearing a sports bra. That's what happens when you have compression wear on. Have these people ever met a real person with breasts?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The whole controversy is absolutely insane. Tifa's breasts are still big, she's just wearing a sports bra. That's what happens when you have compression wear on. Have these people ever met a real person with breasts?
    I think you know the answer to that question.

Disney has found its Little Mermaid.

According to THR, up-and-coming actress and singer Halle Bailey has landed the lead role of Ariel in director Rob Marshall's upcoming live-action remake of the animated classic. Also set to go under the sea are Melissa McCarthy as the villainous sea-witch Ursula, and Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina as Flounder and Scuttle, respectively.

Lin-Manuel Miranda, who worked with Marshall on Mary Poppins Returns, will also work on original music for Mermaid along with composer Alan Menken.

There were persistent rumors that Spider-Man: Far From Home's Zendaya was Disney's top choice for Ariel, but if that was the case this report makes no mention of it.

Bailey, 19, is best known as part of R&B duo Chloe x Halle. Her only other acting credit is on Freeform's Yara Shahidi series Grown-ish.
    So is King Triton gonna be a black dude?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So is King Triton gonna be a black dude?
    Perhaps, and maybe Jodi Benson will play her mother in flash-backs, she has to be in the movie. Poor girl's gonna be hit by a Deluge of hair and swimming jokes.

Can't wait to hear the usual crying about redhead erasure from idiots who wouldn't have cared if this were a white woman with blonde, black or brown hair playing this role.

Congrats to Bailey. Hope her sanity survives the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can't wait to hear the usual crying about redhead erasure from idiots who wouldn't have cared if this were a white woman with blonde, black or brown hair playing this role.

Congrats to Bailey. Hope her sanity survives the experience.
    I honestly though Zendaya was up for the role and that's why she had dyed her hair red.

As much as I do enjoy the Internet melting down over this, I also hope that Halle survives this.

If they do do flashbacks to her mother, I think it would be pretty awesome if Anika Noni Rose (voice of Tiana) played her.

What I'm really wondering now is what race will Prince Eric be? Are they going to go the Brandy Cinderella and Tiana route and make him a non-black POC? Will he still be white? I would be surprised if they made him black, too, as they would probably consider it to be too 'alienating' a gesture after making Ariel black.

Ultimate Member

The Little Mermaid thing is a little baffling because Ariel isn’t even human in the traditional sense (contrary to many beliefs, mermaid isn’t a specific European thing). She could literally be any race. People are comparing to race changing the Princess and the Frog...lol...Tiana was inspired and based on a real life person, Ariel on the other hand, not so much. And I’m not sure how people are saying Ariel is Danish when she’s from Atlantis (although the racist the funniest comment I’ve seen on this is that Ariel is from Atlantis and not Atlanta ). Although, I’m not sure the original book specifically said she’s from Atlantis (I think it’s just an underwater kingdom).

The reasons why people freak out is because Halle Bailey is black. Lots of white people (and even some people of color) have problems specifically with black people in media. We just saw WB change Aquaman’s race but I guess Jason Momoa just enough white in him to “pass the test”.

Seriously though, I’m curious how the rest of the supporting cast will be depicted. Will all of Ariel’s family be black? Will her boyfriend (the prince) be black? We know that Melissa McCarthy might be playing Ursula so that part is settled.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-03-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Niffleheim

Lol! I'll be shocked if Prince Eric will be black. He's going to be white to calm ppl down. God! I wish i wasn't embarrassed about watching Disney's live re-imagining in the cinemas I'd go watch any of them.when they opened - i cant wait for Disney plus

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    As much as I do enjoy the Internet melting down over this, I also hope that Halle survives this.

If they do do flashbacks to her mother, I think it would be pretty awesome if Anika Noni Rose (voice of Tiana) played her.

What I'm really wondering now is what race will Prince Eric be? Are they going to go the Brandy Cinderella and Tiana route and make him a non-black POC? Will he still be white? I would be surprised if they made him black, too, as they would probably consider it to be too 'alienating' a gesture after making Ariel black.
    I hope she gets that too. Because all she did was take a JOB that was offered to her.

The reasons why people freak out is because Halle Bailey is black. Lots of white people (and even some people of color) have problems specifically with black people in media. We just saw WB change Aquaman’s race but I guess Jason Momoa just enough white in him to “pass the test”.
    Yet we get told OTHERS get this hate too. Funny they do get that hate but it dies DOWN eventually or is not at the level blacks gets.

Aquaman & Wonder Woman were played by POC.

Here is what is so funny-Disney's version is one of 3 that we saw from the 1970s-1990s.

Disney movies are just ONE version of those old stories. If you look around hard enough there is a version with POC as the leads.

Japan did one and she was BLONDE. And it FOLLOWED the original story and she DIED.
    Japan/France did a tv series Saban's (yes THEM) Little Mermaid and she was BLONDE. She was voiced by Sonia Ball-who we all know as the voice of Arthur's mother on PBS's Arthur.

You could say Disney picked a black person because it gets a bigger reaction than anything else.

Right now if that movie bombs-they can blame racists. Who PLAYED right into the hand of Disney.

Disney woke and SJW crap. Really??? Once upon a time black folks let alone POC were not doing lead roles in anything Disney. How many racebend with white guys taking POC roles worked out?