Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Theory: What if the fault that it is inevitable that the universe wants to destroy the mutants is Moira? Observer Effect

In Moira's first life, her powers had not destroyed any universe. And it does not seem that her life ended in an apocalyptic future.

However, from her second life, the Dominions, Galactus, Eternity, someone must have realized that something had happened. But the universe is big. They could not detect what had caused the restart.

With each death of Moira, they realized that the problem was the mutants. But they don't know what mutant. So like Herod, the universe decides that mutants must die. And what is their way of interacting with the Earth? Creating the idea of the Sentinels.
    That was one of my first observations when that issue came out. I do think it was deliberate to show how Moira 'observing' was the problem and I do think it is important that Moira does not know what a mutant is in her second life. I have even tossed around the idea that Moira's existence is a product of the universe trying to make sure mutants survive. The rise of machines being something that has occurred as an intentional counter to Moira is something I did not consider, I don't think, but my first thought that makes it hard to buy into is that the big problem with Moira is that she prevents the future from happening. That killing her and mutants over and over has never gotten humans/machines/Phalanx/Dominions/Whoever anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I suppose that's possible, but Moira also didn't pay much attention in her first life because she thought she was human. The events of mutant kind just occurred without her participation. But it was never explained what happened to them, for all Moira knew the mutants were all rounded up and exterminated but she barely noticed because it was an out of site out of mind thing. I am going to guess here but I think mutants were exterminated in Moira's first life, she just didn't involve herself in it either way.

In Moira's 2nd life she actually actively participated in trying to eliminate mutants herself with a cure and she was hunted and killed by Destiny, Mystique, and Pyro.
    It was the third, not the second.

Ok, a couple of comics ago I was asking why the Phoenix and Galactus were opposed to the Dominions. Now we know from the blue guy that Dominions shouldn't like Moira. But what do the Phoenix and Galactus like? Death and resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    This kind of annoyed me too. I paid £5.40 for this comic and 7 of its pages I had already in another issue.
    That was a bit too much for me too. The ending pages made sense but that was a lot of pages.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The revelation of Moira's tampering was in Uncanny 300, and that is what I think is being referred to in Entry 52.
    No the revelation was in X-Men #2 in 1991.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    This kind of annoyed me too. I paid £5.40 for this comic and 7 of its pages I had already in another issue.
    I don't think the repeat pages count towards the page count of an issue. Same goes for the data pages. I think this issue had the same number of new art pages as any other issue.
    Last edited by Viteh; 10-09-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The revelation of Moira's tampering was in Uncanny 300, and that is what I think is being referred to in Entry 52.
    No. The revelation was in X-Men vol. 2 #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I just don't understand the mindset of a lot of humans in the MU. Mutants are the natural next step in evolution that's all, yet there is all this talk of extinction. You aren't going extinct, you're changing and adapting. Something that you are gonna do no matter what whether it's Mutants or "Post Humans".

It's just so stupid. Now I know the whole "Bigotry is meant to be stupid blah blah blah" thing. But this in particular is just sooo stupid.
    Other people are changing and adapting, your not. That whats scary. Neanderthals don't exist anymore, another species took over. And mutants seem like a separate species similar to Neanderthals in that they can breed with homo sapiens but are not the same species.

Honestly, there have been pogroms against groups of people for less understandable reasons. Humans reaction to mutants in the MCU doesn't shock me at all.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 10-09-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was the third, not the second.

Ok, a couple of comics ago I was asking why the Phoenix and Galactus were opposed to the Dominions. Now we know from the blue guy that Dominions shouldn't like Moira. But what do the Phoenix and Galactus like? Death and resurrection
    I'm not entirely sure about this. The Dominions are supposed to exist outside time and space right? That's how they would know about Moira even if she died again. So I'm not really sure why a Dominion would care about Moira, if they aren't affected by her.

I think when the Librarian talked about how she shouldn't have power over them she meant the post-humans.
    Last edited by Viteh; 10-09-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I get that you would prefer that this path wasn't taken, but I don't think Hickman chose this path, this was the status quo he was given and he developed his own answer to that status quo by trying to answer the base question: What do you do as a people (mutants) in the face of the most horrific genocide ever perpetuated on Earth?
    I feel that this is flawed. Hickman gave the answer he wanted, and the came up with the question and then came up with the problem in order to justify the answer to the question. I would say that a world with hope is just a present in as many alternate realities as one without it, and this particular one just happened to have Jean in the White Hot Room see the bad future are cut it off, which is just absolutely pointless if they all end up with mutants extinct in a decade or two.

And, no, despite the 'doom and gloom' since House of M, the mutant future was barely any more apocalyptic than the future of Earth in general was. There are plenty of other superhero stories that have shown futures where everyone loses. That fate is not owned by mutants even though several writers have rehashed Days of Future Past.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lmao do you also consider asking money in exchange for goods and services "extortion"?
    Declare us a sovereign nation or we don’t give you the goods is extortion.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That was one of my first observations when that issue came out. I do think it was deliberate to show how Moira 'observing' was the problem and I do think it is important that Moira does not know what a mutant is in her second life. I have even tossed around the idea that Moira's existence is a product of the universe trying to make sure mutants survive. The rise of machines being something that has occurred as an intentional counter to Moira is something I did not consider, I don't think, but my first thought that makes it hard to buy into is that the big problem with Moira is that she prevents the future from happening. That killing her and mutants over and over has never gotten humans/machines/Phalanx/Dominions/Whoever anywhere.
    She could be a failsafe created by the Celestials to ensure that humankind and mutants evolve upon the biological path toward ascension. In the end the evolution of mutants is also the evolution of humans, it's just that humans don't like looking at it that way. But even the mutants themselves are not the end of the road, eventually they will evolve too. Humans/Mutants could evolve to be godlike beings like the Asgardians, or Greek Gods (i.e. from upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy). They could evolve to be the new Celestials of the universe.

The Celestials seeded Earth for a purpose, and that purpose does not involve getting absorbed into the Phalanx/Dominion as just memories. There is an individualized purpose to the human/mutant race that leads to something greater than just being a digital memory for another race. Because in the end, that is where the path of the machine evolution that leads to the Phalanx goes, they don't really individually survive it, they just become a digital recording as part of another race's story. The path of biological evolution means that humans/mutants continue to evolve and move forward until they themselves are greater than things like the Phalanx and the Dominion. Why does the Phoenix like the mutants so much, because they represent the force of life in the universe and the Phoenix is the Goddess of Life, Death, and Rebirth. Stagnation of the machine is anathema to the Phoenix, it is static and unchanging and locked into itself for all eternity. This is not life, it is just existence and data but not true life which is dynamic and changing and evolving.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

also witht he whole cloning pod thingies, does that mean that in te future we're going to see LOTS of X-deaths and it won't matter aynymore? I've never been a fan of deaths to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Other people are changing and adapting, your not. That whats scary. Neanderthals don't exist anymore, another species took over. And mutants seem like a separate species similar to Neanderthals in that they can breed with homo sapiens but are not the same species.

Honestly, there have been Pogroms against groups of people for less understandable reasons. Humans reaction to mutants in the MCU doesn't shock me at all.
    It's scary, really scary. Even if I think humanity overdone and exagerate, it is very easy to understand why they do it.
    Neandderthals are a sad reminder...but Mutants have more power than sapiens had, they can subjugate the entirety of sapiens. Imagine a villain like apocalypse or sinister take over

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Declare us a sovereign nation or we don’t give you the goods is extortion.
    They made the goods themselves.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    No the revelation was in X-Men #2 in 1991.
    Well, if Entry 52 refers to X-Men #2, that would still mean that Sinister's recruitment would have to fall between the end of MIS and X-Men #1. At least, I can't recall any other time when Moira was "alive", Xavier and Magneto were on speaking terms, and Xavier was in the floaty chair.