Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'd love to know how Captain America is going to guarantee the safety of the Mutant Loser Force when he's hot with the American government right now, but what's a shared universe?
    Dani: "Wait, I thought the Avengers weren't top dogs in America now? How are they going to guarantee their safety?"
    Scott: "..." *DOes the CHarlie Brown walk to the Bar*
    Ilyana: "Wow, I can't believe Scott just died."
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Dani: "Wait, I thought the Avengers weren't top dogs in America now? How are they going to guarantee their safety?"
    Scott: "..." *DOes the CHarlie Brown walk to the Bar*
    Ilyana: "Wow, I can't believe Scott just died."
    Scott: "Why am I still in this franchise? Just to suffer?"

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

What's with all the Alex hate? It's like some people just want the X- men to be a bunch of yes men. Alex is giving voice to those who don't want the X-men to lapse back into being blind followers. Ideally it should be Logan doing the questioning but he seems to be falling back into the lap dog mentality. It makes no sense that Scott and Logan haven't had a discussion about the schism, they are acting like it never happened. Someone has to be the one to challenge Scott, to remind him that this isn't the utopia days and he is no longer the undisputed leader of mutants. Of course that will earn him hate on these boards but someone has to do it.

I keep confusing Steve with Alex

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What's with all the Alex hate? It's like some people just want the X- men to be a bunch of yes men. Alex is giving voice to those who don't want the X-men to lapse back into being blind followers. Ideally it should be Logan doing the questioning but he seems to be falling back into the lap dog mentality. It makes no sense that Scott and Logan haven't had a discussion about the schism, they are acting like it never happened. Someone has to be the one to challenge Scott, to remind him that this isn't the utopia days and he is no longer the undisputed leader of mutants. Of course that will earn him hate on these boards but someone has to do it.
    Yeah but its nonsensical.

Plus for some reason, it feels more like he's whining more than anything.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Havok has fans? Where?
    Every characther has fans, i'm pretty sure that Alex has at least 2 in this forum.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No, it's just that Alex questions and accusations are stupid because they make absolutely no sense and ignore previous stories. Why is Cyclops being blamed for the X-men being gone when he was dead and Kitty and Jean were in charge? Why is he being called a mutant supremacist, or at least someone that ignored problems that didn't concern mutants, when he did the exact opposite? Why is he being accused of being tyrannical when virtually every other issue in some runs (Gillen's most notably) had the X-men discussing problems and how to approach them (and try being tyrannical in a team that has people line Namor and Magneto)? Why is he being accused of promoting hate if Bendis' run ends with a peace march? It's just ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Scott: "Why am I still in this franchise? Just to suffer?"

Yes, Scott, yes you are.

Alex "M-Word" Summers shouldn't even be at the big kids table. Would've rather heard more of Dani's take on things.

Hell, I'd rather hear Rahne say something slightly homophobic than hear him babble on.

Alex "Bad costumes and even worse takes" Summers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Alex really is Rosenberg's favorite? I really can't tell, he whines too much

Ultimate Member

Well back when Marvel did have Magneto kneel down to Scott and such and I think that some of the hate towards Alex stems from some fans being HUGE fans of Scott and believing that he did no wrong regardless...and Scott does seem to be making all of the decisions himself again so it's not a group making decisions but he's back to his word is law most of the time...just because...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Hell, I'd rather hear Rahne say something slightly homophobic than hear him babble on.
    Gods, I hate her.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

I read Havok as trying to keep Cyclops and Wolverine aware that their overall situation is insane, & that maybe they shouldn't continue to go forward without thinking through what they're doing. Which C maybe sort of gathers in a shell-shocked way & W seems unable to fully grasp because.... they were both recently dead & came back into slight sync with one another after slaughtering a bunch of goons? Letting cyborg Dark Beast play around with their brains and blood in the basement is, for instance, a fairly irrational thing to do, even for comic book characters in the hands of their latest temporary writers, though it is entertaining. Maybe C & W have given in to a kind of meta-reality & realize there's no real point to explicable logic, while Havok is still attempting to view consequences of their actions as somewhat foreeseeable. I like this run, actually. It's got a pace that's teetering and fast, which is odd, for a comic. And I like the way Havok is being written. But I'm not especially interested in these characters being written as carrying their entire histories at this point. That said, there is a kind of Walking Dead tonality to this run that I'm hoping gets rerouted at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Havok has fans? Where?
    Right here