Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood/Arsenal #6 Preview/Discussion

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...nal-6-preview/

What is going on?

spoilers:
    I don't know what is more baffling, Roy's body just being there or Lobdell acknowledging Tynion's nonsense
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I don`t mind as long the execution pays off. Tynion is doing a decent job with Jason in Robin Eternal. Besides the more flashbacks with Jay as Robin the merrier. They probbaly won`t do that in Eternal and understandably so, since he wasn`t the first.

Decent is being way tooo kind to Tynion. So far he hasn't done anything that isn't simply fan pandering ignoring characterizations entirely.

Oh hey, looks like the Superman editorial knows what they're doing. They seem to be teasing Titans Hunt. I had a feeling they were after last issue... I guess that means we know where it takes place in relation to RH/A.

I hope we get another Jason as Robin flashback. I love those.

See how we're never shown Roy's head? Just like with horror movies, if the kill is off screen, the character isn't dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Decent is being way tooo kind to Tynion. So far he hasn't done anything that isn't simply fan pandering ignoring characterizations entirely.
    And that would be my disagreement. He`s doing decently in both and I don`t feel Jason`s character is suffering for battle feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    And that would be my disagreement. He`s doing decently in both and I don`t feel Jason`s character is suffering for battle feats.
    Tynion has just penned the first issue of BR&E and there Jason was just a generic bad boy. Jason fared better on issue 3 but that was Seeley, not Tynion. Even the preview for issue 6 feels like something out a fanfiction rather than something professional.

Ah, my world is becoming right again. RH/A warms my soul.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Tynion has just penned the first issue of BR&E and there Jason was just a generic bad boy. Jason fared better on issue 3 but that was Seeley, not Tynion. Even the preview for issue 6 feels like something out a fanfiction rather than something professional.
    We`ll have to agree to disagree. The conversation in the preview is a decent example of his versatile character. We`ve seen before Jason going for the kill and still look calm and collected depending the situation. Nothing new, it`s part of his nature. Loedbell made his whole run out of stuff like this. Arguably better? I guess, but if that preview reads as fanfiction to you, well...there`s worse even among Batman books that I don`t want to comment whether it`s supposed to look professional or not.

Seeley wrote the script in issue #3, but it`s still Tynion`s main story.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've been enjoying Jason's appearance in BRE myself and haven't found them to be that badly handled, though Tynion's writing does leave something to be desired at times. At least Jay's making appearances in other places around the DCU and his character has been pretty consistent throughout those appearances as well. I can't say the same for the other Robins, whose characterizations and actions have been pretty much all over the place when they cross into other titles.

Anyway, I haven't looked at the preview for this issue because I want it to be a surprise but I'm still looking forward to it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-10-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I think it`s a given that Loedbell handles Jason`s voice better and with more consistancy. He also takes higher risks with him. That`s not to say that I don`t find Tynion to have his strenghts, despite not being as solid. His run may have had its issues, but I found some ideas interesting. It was the execution that I found missing.

But that was then, this is now. I`m willing to tag along.

We all know Roy isn't dead and there will be an explanation for all within the issue but I can't help to feel anxious. Between Titan's Hunt, Denis Medri departure from the book, Joker's Daughter and the sudden change of outfits on the cover...I feel like if this is the last issue of the Red Hood/Arsenal that I've come to love this past six months, like the book is suffering a change in status quo (and maybe tone?) for some reason.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I think it`s a given that Loedbell handles Jason`s voice better and with more consistancy. He also takes higher risks with him. That`s not to say that I don`t find Tynion to have his strenghts, despite not being as solid. His run may have had its issues, but I found some ideas interesting. It was the execution that I found missing.

But that was then, this is now. I`m willing to tag along.
    I really disliked Tynion's run on RHatO but that's another story altogether. I think Lobdell has a better handle on Jason's character then Tynion had there and frankly I would have rather had Lobdell writing that arc. It would have been a lot less melodramatic if he had done so I think and that was the part I couldn't really stand.

I am however enjoying BRE enough to stick around at least for the moment as well. I'm not really finding Cass to be overly interesting yet (although the last issue did do a bit to pique my interest regarding her) and Tynion's writing does have its weaknesses but still I'm finding the mystery involved here and the interactions between the Robins as well as those between Cass and Harper to be intriguing enough to keep me coming back at least for now anyway.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

We all know Roy isn't dead and there will be an explanation for all within the issue but I can't help to feel anxious. Between Titan's Hunt, Denis Medri departure from the book, Joker's Daughter and the sudden change of outfits on the cover...I feel like if this is the last issue of the Red Hood/Arsenal that I've come to love this past six months, like the book is suffering a change in status quo (and maybe tone?) for some reason.
    There`s certainly a risk that they are spreading too much in little time, but it`s different writers, so I hope most of that material ends up good. Pak for exemple handled Jason well before. Joker`s daugther...eh, that`s by far the least interesting bit of all the recent news and is only certainly there to push the eternal rivality with Joker. Would be cool if they would have Jason reforming her as a sort of victory for him, but alas, I don`t think they are quitting on her yet.

There`s certainly a risk that they are spreading too much in little time, but it`s different writers, so I hope most of that material ends up good. Pak for exemple handled Jason well before. Joker`s daugther...eh, that`s by far the least interesting bit of all the recent news and is only certainly there to push the eternal rivality with Joker. Would be cool if they would have Jason reforming her as a sort of victory for him, but alas, I don`t think they are quitting on her yet.
    I'm still hoping that JD is actually Scarlet revamped and ready to be a supporting annoyance/enemy for RH/A. Jay helping someone escape the Joker Spirit influence would make for an interesting arc.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.