Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So if i buy the Transformers HC's, would I just need to buy the autocracy, monstrosity and primacy tpb's/HC (not sure if there is one?) to have everything IDW's done for Trasformers?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    So if i buy the Transformers HC's, would I just need to buy the autocracy, monstrosity and primacy tpb's/HC (not sure if there is one?) to have everything IDW's done for Trasformers?
    Autocracy was included in the Phase 2 Volume 2 Hardcover, Monstrosity is in the contents for Volume 4 listed on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformer...dp/1631407155/ Id be suprised if Primacy didnt show up in one of these hardcovers eventually.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Autocracy was included in the Phase 2 Volume 2 Hardcover, Monstrosity is in the contents for Volume 4 listed on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformer...dp/1631407155/ Id be suprised if Primacy didnt show up in one of these hardcovers eventually.
    Oh, cool. I hadn't checked the contents of the recent HC's. Thanks!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's probably one of the IDW books that never gonna happen like the Complete torpedo (yeah, I'm still grumpy about that).
    I check for that book more than any other.

Solidarity, brother.

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the August solicitations:

Chris Samnee's Daredevil: Artist's Edition HC
    Mark Waid (w) • Chris Samnee (a & c)
    IDW Publishing launched the very first Artist's Edition in 2010. It was a bold concept that to date has garnered five consecutive Eisner Awards in the category of Best Archival Project. With the release of Chris Samnee's Daredevil Artist's Edition we continue to stay ahead of the pack by featuring not one, not two, but THREE versions of Samnee's gorgeous original art -- we like to think of it as an Artist's Edition triple play! This amazing collection will be presented in TWO books. The first, a hardcover featuring Daredevil Issues 23 - 27. Since these books were lettered digitally, you will see more of the Samnee's original art than ever before! Additionally, all of Chris' beautiful layouts will be printed here, again, scanned from the original art. The second book will be a horizontal softcover, printing all Mark Waid's scripts -- but that's not all -- Samnee's artistic technique involves drawing thumbnail breakdowns ON the script pages themselves. Which means there are THREE versions of art presented, plus the actual script enabling you to read along with the story! Additionally, these two books will come in a handsome slipcase. You've heard the term "Artist's Artist?" This will be an "Artist's Artist's Edition!"
    HC/TPB w/slipcase • BW • $95.00 net cost item • 160 page HC + 60 page SC • 12" x 17" HC + 17" x 12" SC• ISBN: 978-1-63140-723-9
    •Advance solicited for October release!
    •The immensely popular, critically acclaimed, and Eisner Award-winning duo of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee are showcased in their first Artist's Edition!
    •TWO books, slipcased!

Clive Barker's Great and Secret Show Deluxe Edition
    Clive Barker, Chris Ryall (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    The complete 12-issue series adaptation of Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show is collected in this deluxe oversized hardcover by writer Chris Ryall and Eisner Award-winning artist Gabriel Rodriguez. From inside a Nebraska dead letter office, Randolph Jaffe's quest to possess the Art sets into motion a battle between forces light and dark. This lushly detailed tale is equal parts horror, fantasy, and love by one of the masters of the genre. Also included is the original one-shot story "Seduth."
    HC • 7" x 11" • 316 pages • FC • $49.99 • ISBN: 978-1-63140-577-8
    •Advance solicited for September release!

Ditko Unleashed!
    Steve Ditko (a & c)
    Steve Ditko's astounding career is presented here from the early 1950s to the present. Examples of his work for Charlton, Warren, Marvel and DC are shown, both as printed pages and scans from Ditko's beautiful original art!
    This is a Museum catalogue that will accompany a massive exhibition of this hugely influential artists work (Ditko co-created Spider-Man and Dr. Strange) in Palma de Mallorca Spain in the Fall of 2016. By the same Eisner Award-nominated team who have created the gold-standard for museum catalogues and exhibits of classic comic artists, previous books in the series include: Woodwork: Wallace Wood 1927-1981, Flesh & Steel: The Art of Russ Heath, and Big John Buscema: Comics & Drawings.
    HC • PC • $59.99 • 368 pages • 9.6" x 12.7" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-724-6

Edward Scissorhands: The Final Cut Oversized Hardcover
    Kate Leth (w) • Drew Rausch (a & c)
    All 10 issues of the critically acclaimed series by writer Kate Leth and artist Drew Rausch are collected in this deluxe, oversized hardcover. Once adored by the Boggs family and the neighborhood that welcomed his arrival, Edward Scissorhands' intervening years of reclusion have not been kind to him. But now, decades later, his lost-love Kim has her own family, and her granddaughter is about to discover the wonder her mother wishes she could forget.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 280 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-682-9

From Hell HC
    Alan Moore (w) • Eddie Campbell (a & c)
    Two of the greatest creators in the history of comics. Eleven unsolved murders. One sprawling conspiracy, one metropolis on the brink of the twentieth century, and one bloody-minded Ripper ushering London into the modern age of terror. From Hell, often ranked among the greatest graphic novels of all time, is now available in a handsome hardcover edition, with a brand new cover.
    HC • B&W • $39.99 • 560 pages • 7.625" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-397-2

Haunted Horror: Candles for the Undead and More!
    Various (w) • Bob Powell, Joe Orlando, Warren Kremer, Howard Nostrand, Ross Andru, Mike Esposito, Rudy Palais, Lee Eias, Lou Cameron, Jack Katz (a) • L.B Cole (c)
    In this bizarre, lawless, ghoulish, gruesome, terrifying frightfest of a book you'll read: "Candles for the Undead," "The Monster's Ghost," "Pray for the Vampire Horde," "The Witches Come at Midnight," "Your Head for Mine" and many more mind-rotting comics!
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 148 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-671-3

The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
    L. Frank Baum (w) • Eric Shanower (a & c)
    Both of L. Frank Baum's classic Santa Claus tales are collected here: The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus and A Kidnapped Santa Claus, with with beautiful spot illustrations and cover art by Eisner Award-winning comics creator Eric Shanower.
    HC • PC • $16.99 • 144 pages • 6" x 9" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-704-8

LOAC presents KING FEATURES ESSENTIALS Volume 2: Tim Tyler's Luck 1933
    Lyman Young (w) • Alex Raymond (a & c)
    These never-before-collected strips represent an essential transition point that would forever change the direction of adventure comics. Lyman Young's Tim Tyler's Luck was a successful series set in exotic locales before Alex Raymond signed on as Young's assistant. It's in these 1932-1933 strips, as Raymond assumed greater and greater responsibility for the drawing, that he developed the prototypes for Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, and Jungle Jim, and the style for which he became famous a year later.
    HC • B&W • 12" x 4.25" • 380 pages • $29.99 • ISBN: 978-1-63140-697-3

Locke & Key Master Edition, Vol. 3
    Joe Hill (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
    Named a "modern masterpiece" by The A.V. Club, the critically-acclaimed series Locke & Key takes on new life in a reformatted oversized hardcover collection. The end is here! Volume 3 features the fifth and sixth L&K arcs, "Clockworks" and "Alpha & Omega," with all-new cover art and design by co-creator Gabriel Rodriguez.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 352 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-686-7

Popeye Classics, Vol. 8: I Hate Bullies and More
    Bud Sagendorf (w & a & c)
    Another splendiferous volume of Popeye Classics (collect them all!). Cartoon Research yelps, "It's rare that the comic book version of a popular comic strip is as good or better than the original. This is one of those rare exceptions. Sagendorf is immersed in Segar's world. His storytelling abilities are superb and his cartooning is a joy to behold. Sagendorf owned this universe as much as Segar–other artists have been able substitutes, but Sagendorf knew these eccentric personalities inside and out!"
    HC • FC • $29.99 • 192 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-676-8

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection, Vol. 3
    Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz, Jason Ciaramella, Brian Lynch, Erik Burnham, Mike Costa, Ben Epstein, Dustin Weaver, Paul Allor (w) • Kevin Eastman, Mateus Santolouco, Dave Wachter, Sophie Campbell, Cory Smith, Mike Henderson, Ben Bates, Dan Duncan (a) • Dan Duncan (c)
    Violence and carnage rage across the city as Shredder's master plan unfolds. When tragedy strikes the Turtles, the brothers will have to hold the line against an attack from within, but with allegiances shifting they must formulate a plan to fight back against their deadliest enemy. Volume 3 collects issues #21–28 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ongoing series and the Old Hob, Alopex, Karai, Hun, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Shredder Micro-Series one-shots, plus the 2012 Annual.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 428 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-691-1

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 4
    Chris Metzen, Flint Dille, John Barber, James Roberts(w) • Livio Ramondelli, Andrew Griffith, Alex Milne, Agustin Padilla, Atilio Rojo (a) • Marcelo Matere (c)
    In the early days of the war on Cybertron, two leaders start down their paths towards destiny. Meanwhile, on current day Cybertron, Megatron is back! Everything Bumblebee and his Autobots have built teeters on the edge of collapse–and Starscream has to make the choice his whole life has been leading to. On the Lost Light, a secret prisoner is confined in the bowels of the ship. Collects the Monstrosity mini-series, Robots in Disguise #12–18, and More Than Meets the Eye #14–16.
    HC • FC • $49.99 • 356 pages • 7" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-715-4
    •Is there such thing as More than More Than Meets The Eye? Must be, because this is it!

Fantastic Member

One HC more:

The Wind in the Willows (Illustrated by David Petersen)
    Kenneth Grahame (w) • David Petersen (a & c)
    Experience the timeless story of Toad, Rat, Mole, and Badger in a beautiful new unabridged, hardcover designed and illustrated by New York Times Bestselling author and Eisner Award-winning creator David Petersen (Mouse Guard). Painstakingly illustrated over 3 years, this exquisite and lavish edition features both color and pen and ink illustrations throughout.
    Begun as a series of letters from Kenneth Grahame to his son, The Wind in the Willows is a timeless tale of animal cunning and human camaraderie. Since its first publication in 1908, generations of adults and children have cherished this world of gurgling rivers and whispering reeds, serving as home to the most lovable creatures in all literature -- Rat, Mole, Badger, and the irrepressible Toad of Toad Hall; with his goggles, overcoat and love of fast cars. Follow these little adventurers through gypsy caravans, stolen sports cars, and their Wild Wood.
    HC • FC • $24.99 • 256 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-343-9
    •Direct Market Exclusive: Each hardcover will feature an exclusive tip-in plate illustrated and signed by David Petersen limited to orders received!
    •Complete and unabridged! Original art dust jacket, cloth cover with gold foil stamping, 20 color illustrations, 50 pen and ink illustrations!
    •Advance solicited for October release!

And some big TPBs:

Angel: Season Six, Vol. 2
    Joss Whedon, Brian Lynch, Kelley Armstrong (w) • Stephen Mooney, Franco Urru, Dave Ross, Stefano Martino (a) • Nick Runge (c)
    Angel: Season Six picks up where the television series left off! Volume 2 of a two-volume set, this collection contains Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 4, Angel: Aftermath, and Angel: Last Angel in Hell.
    TPB • FC • $29.99 • 428 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-679-9

Atomic Robo: The Hell and Lightning Collection
    Brian Clevinger (w) • Scott Wegener (a & c)
    In this well oiled for your non-sexualized gaze collection, Atomic Robo teams up with jet-pack clad lady pirates, travels to Hollow Earth, and at long last, becomes a Cowboy. Collects The Flying She-Devils of the Pacific, The Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur, and The Knights of the Golden Circle for your reading delight. Or maybe more? If you're interested hit us up sometime at 701-404-ROBO. Nothing too serious, we like to keep it caj.
    TPB • FC • $39.99 • 424 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-680-5

Corto Maltese: The Ethiopian
    Hugo Pratt (w & a & c)
    When Corto Maltese arrives in the Middle East and Africa in 1918 the shifting sands and loyalties reveal colonial powers still battling for domination over each other and the indigenous people. The desert of Yemen, controlled by the fading Ottoman Empire, is the setting for "In the Name of Allah, the Merciful and Compassionate," where Corto meets Cush, the Danikil warrior with whom he establishes a close yet conflicted relationship. In "The Coup de Grace" the stubborn racism of an English commander of a small fort in British Somaliland leads to conflict with Cush and the Dervish army of Sayyid Mohamed, whom the British call "The Mad Mullah." The action moves to Ethiopia amidst inter-tribal conflict in "…and of Other Romeos and Other Juliets," as Cush introduces Corto to the mysterious and powerful shaman Shamael, who hears the voices of the dead and of devils. German East Africa is the background of "The Leopard-Men of the Rufiji," where Corto is engulfed in a dreamlike atmosphere that reveals how African justice operates outside the constraints of "white" law.
    TPB • 9.25" x 11.625" • 96 pages • B&W • $24.99, ISBN: 978-1-63140-696-6
    •Nominated for both the Eisner and Harvey Awards for Best Foreign Language Publication!
    •Translation by Dean Mullaney and Simone Castaldi.

Sadistic Magicians: Jim Mahfood Sketchbook, Vol. 1
    Jim Mahfood (w & a & c)
    Sadistic Magician: Jim Mahfood Sketchbook Vol. 1 collects the best of artist Jim Mahfood's eclectic sketchbook archives from the last five years into one classy volume. Mahfood's sketchbooks serve as an experimental place for the artist to really cut loose and try new things. The end results tend to be even more dynamic, thrilling, and psychedelic than his already super stylized comics and illustration work. The sketchbook art book offers a unique look at process, trial and error, problem solving, and eventual victory over the odds and a glorious celebration of visual mayhem.
    TPB • FC • $39.99 • 216 pages • 8.5" x 11" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-702-4

Aaaand one box set:

March Trilogy Slipcase Set
    Congressman John Lewis & Andrew Aydin (w) • Nate Powell (a & c)
    The #1 New York Times bestselling trilogy is complete! Celebrate with this commemorative set containing all three volumes of March in a stunning new slipcase!
    TPB w/slipcase • BW • $49.99 • 560 pages • 6.5" x 9.5" x 2" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-395-8
    •Slipcase cover illustrated by Nate Powell, colored by Jose Villarubia, and designed by Chris Ross!

Happy to see the next TMNT collection comming somewhat soon after vol 2. And is vol 3 the last one of lock and key or is there more to go. Id love to wait and get them all at once.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Happy to see the next TMNT collection comming somewhat soon after vol 2. And is vol 3 the last one of lock and key or is there more to go. Id love to wait and get them all at once.
    Yeah 3 will complete it

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

RAGNARÖK (IDW) by Simonson
    Was looking forward to it but the binding is covering up some panels, you can't fully see what's towards the middle.
    Art is nice but the story doesn't make me want to read more

GREAT AND SECRET SHOW looks good, though

getting irritated by IDW's binding. So Ragnarök is apparently crap, Timeless tales is crap and the Nelvana hc was the first book I had to send back cause the paper almost fell out the first time I've opened it. And usually all their bindings feel quite fragile.
    For the price they are asking it's really bad. I might limit my IDW purchases to LoAC only. Problem is I like the duck books and already bought one Timeless tales, which means I have to continue...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    getting irritated by IDW's binding. So Ragnarök is apparently crap, Timeless tales is crap and the Nelvana hc was the first book I had to send back cause the paper almost fell out the first time I've opened it. And usually all their bindings feel quite fragile.
    For the price they are asking it's really bad. I might limit my IDW purchases to LoAC only. Problem is I like the duck books and already bought one Timeless tales, which means I have to continue...
    I definitely wouldn't call Ragnarök crap. It is a thin glued book, but it opens fairly flat and I have definitely seen worse gutter loss.image.jpgimage.jpgthis is about 1/4 way in and book laying flat, but by only opening the back to about 45 deg it is totally legible into the gutterimage.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I agree. I didn't have a problem with my personal Ragnarök book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    From Hell HC
    Alan Moore (w) • Eddie Campbell (a & c)
    Two of the greatest creators in the history of comics. Eleven unsolved murders. One sprawling conspiracy, one metropolis on the brink of the twentieth century, and one bloody-minded Ripper ushering London into the modern age of terror. From Hell, often ranked among the greatest graphic novels of all time, is now available in a handsome hardcover edition, with a brand new cover.
    HC • B&W • $39.99 • 560 pages • 7.625" x 10" • ISBN: 978-1-60309-397-2
    Hmm, I didn't expect this. I want wonder how the size compares to the previous hardcover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Hmm, I didn't expect this. I want wonder how the size compares to the previous hardcover.
    It appears to be the same size.

So after years of owning the TMNT Change is Constant deluxe edition I finally got around to reading it and I really enjoyed it and want to read the next one... but I can't seem to find it again in that format. Is there a Vol 2 of this book? If not what is the best way to read this series?

51k5FnwMj7L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg