Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spiderman (MCU) vs Antman (MCU)

Spiderman (MCU) vs Antman (MCU)

Both have versatile power sets and are creative in their use of them. Who takes this one?

Updated:
    1. Black Suit Spidey from FFH
    2. Iron Spider Suit from Endgame
    Last edited by k von doom; 07-28-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Giant-Man punched out the space whale. He seems above Sidey's paygrade.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Giant-Man punched out the space whale. He seems above Sidey's paygrade.
    Spidey is no slouch in the strenght department either, and i’d wager spidey has an easier time hitting him in that form then the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Spidey is no slouch in the strenght department either, and i’d wager spidey has an easier time hitting him in that form then the other way around.
    Giant-Man has taken direct missiles from War Machine. I doubt Spidey hits harder than missiles. The only chance he has is to draw out the fight until Lang runs out of time, which I suppose is possible. What was the time limit for Giant-Man again? 10-15 minutes?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Scott can't hit Peter at all, not as Giant Man, not as Ant Man. Peter will win eventually: webbing Scott up until he suffocates or is just 10 counted will do just fine.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Giant-Man has taken direct missiles from War Machine. I doubt Spidey hits harder than missiles. The only chance he has is to draw out the fight until Lang runs out of time, which I suppose is possible. What was the time limit for Giant-Man again? 10-15 minutes?
    He did NOT take missiles from WM. Some chaff at best.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He did NOT take missiles from WM. Some chaff at best.
    2:05

Those were nothing like War Machine's best stuff, which is, itself, a far cry from Tony's.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

2:05

Sooo... like I said. NOT missiles. Chaff (chafe?) at best. A moment later, an angle change shows that most of them are detonating before they even hit him. Those tiny puffs of smoke are just plain not his full on payloads.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Scott can't stay in giant form indefinitely. It's been shown to be really taxing form him on multiple occascions.

So if Spidey can't hurt the guy he can just play keep away until Scott has to shrink down or faints.

In that very clip it shows that Scott IS being affected by Spidey's attacks.

While I don’t think Scott can actually hit Peter, and I agree that Scott will eventually suffer the serious effects of staying in giant form long before doing anything of note to Pete, using Civil War as a frame of reference for Gi-Ant-Man’s power levels is kinda not really legit. The guy had two explicit power-ups in terms of his growth levels (one in Ant-Man & Wasp, and one in Endgame).

Endgame Scott =/= Civil War Scott

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

All Peter has to do is stun Scott long enough to shrink him back to normal size. All he needs is to target his knees and Scott should fall pretty easily given the massive speed difference between the two.

Fight lasts longer if Scott shrinks instead, but even than I'm not confidant it's enough to beat Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    While I don’t think Scott can actually hit Peter, and I agree that Scott will eventually suffer the serious effects of staying in giant form long before doing anything of note to Pete, using Civil War as a frame of reference for Gi-Ant-Man’s power levels is kinda not really legit. The guy had two explicit power-ups in terms of his growth levels (one in Ant-Man & Wasp, and one in Endgame).

Endgame Scott =/= Civil War Scott
    This is true, but none of it at all implies that Scott can ever, ever hit the drastically faster and now confirmed precognitive MCU Spider Man. Peter can also do the "web the knees" thing as much as he likes and drop Scott, and can fill Scott's nose and mouth with webbing just fine thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Fight lasts longer if Scott shrinks instead, but even than I'm not confidant it's enough to beat Peter.
    If Scott shrinks it could just turn into an endurance contest, with Scott hiding and waiting to see if Peter falls asleep before he does.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member