Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Plus, it will probably take some fine tuning for Jean or any available and powerful telepath to be able to put Xavier’s soul back into his body. Elixir should be able to resurrect by himself, but since the Five have become an inseparable unit and they’re probably more focused on resurrecting all of mutantkind, I can’t see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm not sure it's OOC, so much as we're finally seeing oh so poised and perfect Kitty react to all the **** that's gone down lately: the pressure of leadership, flaking out on her own wedding, being helpless to stop the end of the world (plus the mindfuck of AoXM), and the school getting blown up on her watch. And for the cherry on top, mutant paradise doesn't want her. I'm pretty sure Duggan's setting her up for a fall.
    Right. There’s a through-line here. Kitty still reads like Kitty to me, just a rudderless, resentful version. I mean she did go from the woman in charge to an afterthought reeeeeal quick, among the other things you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    White Knight should be Julian Keller (Hellion)

Ok thats just wishful thinking.
    Co-signed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This books seems artificial to me still....

They're trying to hard to make Kitty .... Kate...a cool bad ass. It went to far.

The tattoo parlor scene felt very amateur and juvenile.

The pirate angle is weird...why not use the jets?

Storm feels weird in a non leader role. I hate her as just support.

Emma continues to be the highlight for me.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I just dont get this book at all, it's not connecting with me. I dont know if it's the panels, following the story, it's just all making me odd reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They’re trying to sneak into territories through ports to deliver drugs, a loud ass plane would probably ruin the element of imperceptibility.

BANNED

Remember the stupid arguments months ago about the cover of this issue and how it proved sight unseen that Emma was still a villain being thrown under the bus in Dawn of X? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Remember the stupid arguments months ago about the cover of this issue and how it proved sight unseen that Emma was still a villain being thrown under the bus in Dawn of X? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Emma fans had a legit reason to doubt. I'm glad they (read I) were proven wrong.

BANNED

We're both Emma fans. It's not a hivemind. But yes, I am glad.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This books seems artificial to me still....

They're trying to hard to make Kitty .... Kate...a cool bad ass. It went to far.

The tattoo parlor scene felt very amateur and juvenile.

Storm feels weird in a non leader role. I hate her as just support.

Emma continues to be the highlight for me.
    this perfectly sums up how I feel about the book. this is simply gold repackaged and I'm not here for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this perfectly sums up how I feel about the book. this is simply gold repackaged and I'm not here for it.
    It's really not X-Men Gold.

First and foremost there is an overall arching plot. We're two issues in and we've had Emma, Pyro and Kitty being fleshed out. The dialogue is the exact opposite of stiff. Every X-Book in Dawn of X blends in with each other, there's an over arching connecting plot and continuity is acknowledged.

Furthermore, they act as a team.

Also while Kitty had her soul sucked out of her in Gold to where she was wasted and drained she's full of life here and intrigue

Everyone in this book is fun not just Kitty. Hell Iceman and Pyro have been great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I just want to know.

Is anyone bothered that Batroc beat Iceman, Storm and Pyro???

Because honestly, i'm not all that bothered by it.......

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How long has Xavier been dead for anyway? The books seem to follow each other chronologically which means X-men #2 and Fallen Angels #1 have already happened so why is Xavier still dead by the time Marauders comes around? You would think one of the leaders of Krakoa would get top billing on the resurrection list.
    Some books are happening concurrently.

I felt a really old school Claremont vibe from this issue. From attacking whale ships to commandeering a party cruiseship to running into a MU villain and then Kate sexually assaulting an unsuspecting victim. Gold wish it was that.

BANNED

I feel like any book with a prominent role for Kitty is going to get "X-Men Gold" labels slung at it. But no, it ain't.

Well, again I seem to be late to a very early party. But that was one perfectly constructed issue. Phenomenal work all round.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I feel like any book with a prominent role for Kitty is going to get "X-Men Gold" labels slung at it. But no, it ain't.
    This is exactly it. Kitty was preachy and annoying in Gold. I'll take Naruto/M DLuffy/Goku Kitty anytime.