Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Daredevil- Charlie Cox's portrayal is perfect in my opinion.

Captain America- Chris Evans Portrayal in the MCU
    I'd agree. they've injected a lot of humanity into the characters. I wasn't sure about Evans beforehand. but he really pulled it off.

Fantastic Four- Hickman's run - think he really got the voice of all the characters perfectly
    I don't know about the voices. Hickman tends to focus on ideas more than individual characters, from what i've seen of his work. but it was an entertaining run, though.

Punisher- Joe Bernthal's portrayal
    sure. I don't know how authentic it is when compared to the books. but it's the Punisher that I want to follow.

Magneto- Cullen bunn's run on the book, is how i see magneto now.
    I miss the book

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I really like Ton Holland's Spiderman he's witty with out being obnoxious.
    his voice is softer than I'd like. but he has the right look. he'll grow into it.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes pretty much had my ideal characterizations for 90-97% of the characters that appeared on that show.

Ditto with The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Bill Everett's Namor
    Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four
    Hickman's Dr Doom
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Heinberg & Cheung's Scarlet Witch

Mike Zeck's Punisher

Wolfman & Colan/Palmer's Dracula
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-08-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Corrected misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes pretty much had my ideal characterizations for 90-97% of the characters that appeared on that show.

i liked a lot of the characterizations on that show. Henry Pym was certainly more likable as a pacifist.

She-Hulk - the most obvious call would be Dan Slott. he redefined her in a lot of ways. but I'm going to go unconventional. my favorite take on She-Hulk was Matt Fractions. sounds strange but I thought that she was just perfect in the FF series. it was only one issue but her interaction with Ben Grimm gave a lot of insight into who she is as a character. they came across as old competitive friends/cousins.

Ant-Man - Nick Spencer hands down - he's the first to fully incorporate Scott's unique parenting style, sense of humor, and criminal background in the way that I saw it all of those years. he gets the character. that is high praise from me.

Hawkeye - those early Thunderbolts appearances are how i'll always see Clint. he was a chaotic force of nature with a crooked grin and balls of steel. Zemo's not the one who turned the T-bolts into a fighting force. that was mainly Barton.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-07-2018 at 08:35 PM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Hawkeye - those early Thunderbolts appearances are how i'll always see Clint. he was a chaotic force of nature with a crooked grin and balls of steel. Zemo's not the one who turned the T-bolts into a fighting force. that was mainly Barton.
    I was just about to come to this thread to say Thunderbolts Hawkeye. I think that Thunderbolts was really the culmination of Hawkeye's character arc, from unwitting criminal, to cocky and high-tempered as an Avenger, to WCA leader. He got the chance to pass on the opportunities that he got to other people, and he came off as genuinely mature and caring (while still keeping his cocky edge). Nearly everything since has been a regression for his character.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I was just about to come to this thread to say Thunderbolts Hawkeye. I think that Thunderbolts was really the culmination of Hawkeye's character arc, from unwitting criminal, to cocky and high-tempered as an Avenger, to WCA leader. He got the chance to pass on the opportunities that he got to other people, and he came off as genuinely mature and caring (while still keeping his cocky edge). Nearly everything since has been a regression for his character.
    i'll say that I didn't fully appreciate the character until Thunderbolts. I knew him from the West Coast Avengers. but he spent a lot of that as part of a couple and clashing with USAgent. that wasn't as fun for me. seeing the T-bolts react to him made me see him as a bit cooler. he didn't have anything approaching a gameplan. but he got results by simply being unpredictable. he felt at home in a group of characters straddling the hero/villain line. with the Avengers, he's family. but he's kind of the kid brother (at least when Cap is around). they have a hard time writing him any other way.

Cyclops - Joss Whedon on Astonishing X-Men, Gillen on Uncanny X-Men and Warren Ellis on Astonishing too.

Punisher - All of Garth Ennis.

Captain America - MCU.

Tony Stark - MCU.

Ellis & Shalvey's Moon Knight

Wood's Ultimate Kitty Pryde

Nicieza & Capullo's Cannonball

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i liked a lot of the characterizations on that show. Henry Pym was certainly more likable as a pacifist.
    shame it ended too soon.
    i would say i prefer this cap to chris evans
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

MCU Captain America and Iron Man are the best portrayals of these characters.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sue Storm - Marvel Knights by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, that run even has my favorite way she is drawn which is by Steve McNiven. So that run is basically my definitive version of the character in almost all aspects.
    I liked most if it except he had that one story where Sue went skinny dipping in Wakanda when T'Challa joined her unexpectedly. This was one of those "between the panel" stories I suppose when takes place when the FF first went to Wakanda during the Lee/Kirby run. Having just been married and on a delayed honeymoon at the time, I thought Aguirre-Sacasa did a terrible job with both characters in that scene. Sue should have been more forceful in objecting to his trying to seduce a married woman. I never really considered his Fantastic Four canon anyway so I just look at it at alternate reality versions of the characters.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-08-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

yeah, this.

in MCU, Hemsworth is great for comedy but when it comes to Thor I want him to act and sound like a warrior and not like goofy guy coming from a comedy.