Page 304 of 360 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yes, I have. I might be in the minority here, but so far I‘ve liked King‘s Batman more than what I‘ve read from Snyder‘s or parts of Morrison‘s - even though it isn‘t without its flaws either.

Btw, Cosmic Odyssey... Mignola‘s artwork is great, as per usual. But Starlin doesn‘t get Superman or Batman at all. They are written completely out of character.
    I think you are still in the majority, the minority is just more vocal
    It honestly bugs me how much I hate King's Batman because 90% of the readers seem to absolutely love it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    New this past month:
    Nice. I've been meaning to get the new Stray Bullets. I haven't read anything after the original series. How is Infidel?

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    September and October purchases.I wasn't going to miss out on Ab Kingdom come again.The Batman omnibus is a b day present for my nephew.
    Just finished White Knight myself and was disappointed with it honestly. Almost pulled the trigger on the Frankenstein HC, but i know they recently announced a Wrightson Frankenstein AE. Is this the same material?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think you are still in the majority, the minority is just more vocal
    It honestly bugs me how much I hate King's Batman because 90% of the readers seem to absolutely love it.
    I'm of the ilk who loved Morrison's run, but didn't like Snyder's at all.......What little I've read of King's work on Batman, I thought was somewhat average.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Nice. I've been meaning to get the new Stray Bullets. I haven't read anything after the original series. How is Infidel?
    Stray Bullets might be the most consistently great series I know. No dip in quality at all, so if you liked the original series, you should get the new one as well (the tpb above is the second new one; get „Killers“ first as it introduces the characters in this).

I quite liked „Infidel“. It might be a bit on-the-nose with it‘s social criticism, but once you get past that, it‘s great (particularly the artwork).

Nice hauls everyone!

I don't think that I've read any of King's Batman yet. Where does he pick up?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't think that I've read any of King's Batman yet. Where does he pick up?
    Rebirth. There are 2 deluxes out but they intersect with events which is kinda crap if you don't care about those. I've tried to read just the Batman issues of Night of the monstermen and it was just and awful, inconsequential mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Rebirth. There are 2 deluxes out but they intersect with events which is kinda crap if you don't care about those. I've tried to read just the Batman issues of Night of the monstermen and it was just and awful, inconsequential mess.
    Crossovers and required reading are my pet hate in comics. Don't get me wrong, I like big events or well thought out crossovers, but I hate the push to get me to read other comics that I don't actually want to read...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Crossovers and required reading are my pet hate in comics. Don't get me wrong, I like big events or well thought out crossovers, but I hate the push to get me to read other comics that I don't actually want to read...
    to be fair, it's only like 2 or 3 issues in the first deluxe (not sure about the second, I've quit reading after the first couple of issues). You still have the main batman story uninterrupted (mostly) it's just those tie ins in the middle.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

You also have the button crossover with the flash in the second deluxe.

Mighty Member

Latest:

https://imgur.com/a/5RaRIqy

Bought some trades I probably wouldn't have since IST is basically giving them away at 70-90% off

Curse Words and Motor Crush are awesome!

Mighty Member

Curse Words and Motor Crush are awesome!
    I hope so! I do enjoy being pleasantly surprised by series. Invisible Republic, Rumble and Cannibal being some recent-ish examples

I hope so! I do enjoy being pleasantly surprised by series. Invisible Republic, Rumble and Cannibal being some recent-ish examples
    Are those Image titles too? Not familiar.

Latest:

https://imgur.com/a/5RaRIqy

Bought some trades I probably wouldn't have since IST is basically giving them away at 70-90% off

Same....I bought Wytches, Kill Or Be Killed vols 1 & 2, Chrononauts, and Descender via that sweet sale.....Also bought extra copies of Black Monday Murders & Chrononauts for a coworker.....What's extra-cool is these are all variant covers.