Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1263

We'll know when the March solicits are out I guess. If issue 6 is in there as well as that TPB...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    So I just looked at a video showing off Marvel's future trades for March. I noticed that their trade for Mary Jane has a volume 1 for issues 1-5. Did Marvel quietly upgrade this series to an ongoing?
    I would be happy if they did, but I feel like they would list it as volume 1 even if it were still a mini.

That's standard practice for trades as far as I'm aware, although I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be happy if they did, but I feel like they would list it as volume 1 even if it were still a mini.

That's standard practice for trades as far as I'm aware, although I could be wrong.
    Not really. They labeled Loki as a complete trade with no volume and it too was an "ongoing series". So labeling it as a Volume 1 would be a waste if they didn't plan on upgrading her to an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Not really. They labeled Loki as a complete trade with no volume and it too was an "ongoing series". So labeling it as a Volume 1 would be a waste if they didn't plan on upgrading her to an ongoing.
    Ah, okay...

To be honest, it's been feeling like Marvel has been wanting to upgrade it to an ongoing from the very start with all the conflicting reports as to whether it was an ongoing or mini.

I guess we'll see soon .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No wonder. There are a couple of stories too, where Mary Jane was possessed by Red Sonja's spirit and fought alongside Spider-Man against Kulan Gath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So close to see this comic, and yet, the harder it is to wait for it!
    Last edited by Ursalink; 12-05-2019 at 02:56 PM.

If they do continue the book as an ongoing, I'm curious what the next arc will be about.

The premier of the movie and the fallout of it?

MJ looking for her next gig?

A day in the life of Spider-Man's girlfriend in the Marvel Universe?

Will Mysterio still be a major character?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they do continue the book as an ongoing, I'm curious what the next arc will be about.

The premier of the movie and the fallout of it?

MJ looking for her next gig?

A day in the life of Spider-Man's girlfriend in the Marvel Universe?

Will Mysterio still be a major character?
    The only way I would want to see the series continue is if they stop this nonsense about how she has to be long distance to have a solo book. She can be together with Peter and still have adventures. FNSM did it in a great one shot just a few months ago.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The only way I would want to see the series continue is if they stop this nonsense about how she has to be long distance to have a solo book. She can be together with Peter and still have adventures. FNSM did it in a great one shot just a few months ago.
    The current arc is ending with her coming back to New York so if it continued I doubt the long-distance aspect would.

Well you don't have to wait long for that one. She's coming back to New York at the end of issue 5.

I am very much on board with that one-shot as a conceptual template for an ongoing series.

BANNED

AMJ #3 is pretty good and action packed.

The interesting thing is that you can sort of see what Mary Jane is upto with her seemingly OOC behavior in this story.

The lack of thought captions makes for a cool storytelling choice and you can totally see where she's going with that here.

My favorite line: "You are making a Mysterio biopic. Not a fantasy film" is just the perfect shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Something we have only seen in FanArts until now (and a nightmare of Peter on "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics) is finally going to happen next month.

This is surely somekind of "dreamworld" created by the Symbiote to keep Peter's mind out of the way, but it still looks REALLY good. I suppose the Symbiote solved Peter's love dilemma he had back then between Mary Jane and Black Cat by merging them together. That way, he has a "soulmate" as both, Peter and Spider-Man. It's really going to be hard to wait for a month to read this comic and see how Peter interacts with this version of Mary Jane who has the powers of Black Cat. (And who knows?, maybe something else).

"Face it, tiger; you just hit the jackpot". And the "tiger" thing even matchs better here.
    You made an incorrect assumption there. That's not MJ, it's Black Widow!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel ruined what could have been something great, oh well they usually do with Spider-Man (see the return of Ben Reilly and Otto's reversal)...

Edit I feel as if I was conned into buying this issue because I thought I'd get a Felicia/MJ fusion of sorts, otherise I wouldn't have purchased it. The story also wasn't that interesting. This proves why one should never assume.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-12-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

You have to (*censored*) (*censored*) (*censored*) (*censored*) kidding me!!! Peter and Natasha never had anything! Well, except that time where Natasha had amnesia, Spider-Man protected her and she fell in love with him... Until her memories were restored. But seriously, who was the idiot who came with this?!! It should have been Mary Jane!!!

Bleep bleep bleep! You sound like that Empyre trailer, they just released, lol. Everything was redacted.