Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Astonishing Member

I hoped Disney would release this movie later. The box office is going to take a huge hit due to COVID and there's a big anti-China sentiment going on. Would have been better to push back till late this year or next year around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I hoped Disney would release this movie later. The box office is going to take a huge hit due to COVID and there's a big anti-China sentiment going on. Would have been better to push back till late this year or next year around the same time.
    I would like to think Americans aren't so stupid as to shun a movie just because it takes place in China. But then...Corona Beer. Yeah, they are that stupid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would like to think Americans aren't so stupid as to shun a movie just because it takes place in China. But then...Corona Beer. Yeah, they are that stupid.
    Yep, welcome to Trump's America (speaking as one of the damned forced to live under this regime for one or five more years).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

And I thought Humanity can't be that stupid. I think I was too optimistic.

Niffleheim

Well i can see ppl avoiding going to cinemas anyway because of COVID19 (big crowds in small spaces) but then again I can see few ppl not watching the movie simply because of the actress' politics. I have both in my group of friends. The worst are ppl avoiding it simply because of the absence of Mushu and Li Shang.(i fall into this group lol!)
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-12-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Well i can see ppl avoiding going to cinemas anyway because of COVID19 (big crowds in small spaces) but then again I can see few ppl not watching the movie simply because of the actress' politics. I have both in my of group friends. The worst are ppl avoiding it simply because of the absence of Mushu and Li Shang.(i fall into this group lol!)
    A friend I know said that without them, it's just another gaudy period piece with special effects heavy fight scenes that just so happens to call itself Mulan. His words, not mine.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A friend I know said that without them, it's just another gaudy period piece with special effects heavy fight scenes that just so happens to call itself Mulan. His words, not mine.
    That's would be what I was thinking from the trailer. It doesn't "feel" like Mulan.

I know one is a cartoon and the other is real life, but I wondered if they tried to do less historical accuracy on this and made it look more like the cartoon. (The actress who plays Mulan also really looks nothing like her)

Also wanted Mushu and Li Shang but I'll go see it anyway.

I'm not happy Li Shang is supposedly not in the live action movie, but I don't need kiddy comedy for the kids. I'm fine is this movie is more serious and dramatic. I heard it still has some fantastical elements and some humor, so it sounds good.

I really loved the trailers and I'm excited to see Jet Li and Jason Scott Lee. I'm still excited to watch when we are able to see it..

Niffleheim

Wow! So this is going ahead? Disney is not going to postpone this movie? Do you think Black Widow will get postponed?
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-12-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Wow! So this is going ahead? Disney is not going to postpone this movie? Do you think Black Widow will get postponed?
    They said they wont but who knows things can get alot worse by the time BW comes out

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They said they wont but who knows things can get alot worse by the time BW comes out
    Disney has postponed Mulan, New Mutants and Antlers

And that mentality even cuts across party lines. Back when Sheriff Arpiao was first making national news people started boycotting Arizona Ice Tea. The only things the beverage has in common with the state are the name and the fact that you buy it there (along with 49 other states).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And that mentality even cuts across party lines. Back when Sheriff Arpiao was first making national news people started boycotting Arizona Ice Tea. The only things the beverage has in common with the state are the name and the fact that you buy it there (along with 49 other states).
    I think the Corona thing is apolitical, but not intelligent neutral.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Disney has postponed Mulan, New Mutants and Antlers
    I know and Universal postponed F9 awhole year. But as of now Blackwidow hasnt been announced to be delayed and they even said they wouldnt delay it(So did Universal before 8days later moving F9 back awhole year). It very well could get delayed but the MCU has a very strict release schedule. Who knows if this movie set something up for FATWS etc.. If they are delaying I'm sure we will hear about it soon.