Page 962 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 46286291295295895996096196296396496596697210121062 ... LastLast
Results 14,416 to 14,430 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Remember a couple days ago when I complained Biden as the presumptive democratic candidate should be more visible?

Yeah.... I was 100% wrong. He needs to pick himself a VP asap, and have her do all the talking.
    As long as it's not Kamala or Amy. They would be worse than he is, simply because they are coherent and still smart.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Remember a couple days ago when I complained Biden as the presumptive democratic candidate should be more visible?

Yeah.... I was 100% wrong. He needs to pick himself a VP asap, and have her do all the talking.
    Yeah...

While I don't want to knock Biden just to do it, that was almost exactly what makes me nervous about Biden being the Nominee.

Those were instances where he absolutely should have been prepped, and just coasted through them.

What happens in less forgiving instances?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

While I don't want to knock Biden just to do it, that was almost exactly what makes me nervous about Biden being the Nominee.

Those were instances where he absolutely should have been prepped, and just coasted through them.

What happens in less forgiving instances?
    To be honest in a debate with Trump Biden will look very bad. Trump will eat him alive.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As long as it's not Kamala or Amy. They would be worse than he is, simply because they are coherent and still smart.
    Kamala Harris was my first choice so I do hope it is her.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest in a debate with Trump Biden will look very bad. Trump will eat him alive.
    Don't even like thinking about that.

Feels like it would play right into how Trump operates. Biden will essentially be playing Trump's game.

With any luck, Trump will have put a lot of work into defeating himself by then.

Some of the audience would see Trump as the winner in a debate against God. Others will see a guy who stumbles a bit versus a guy who literally just makes up his facts as he goes.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Biden's not hiding, he already won. Why debate someone who lost the election?
    Because the election isn't over, as much as you types want it to be?

Remarkable. Biden is barely holding it together, and half the states still haven't voted or made their voices heard, but YOU think the elections are over...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Kamala Harris was my first choice so I do hope it is her.
    Honestly, Harris is the one the press went the easiest on. Don't like the idea of opposition research(heck, just the actually honest opposition research...) they could use against Harris one bit.

While I can't even believe I'm going to suggest it, the Booker who was talking about dreaming bigger for regular Americans might be the best fit with the Biden I am guessing will turn up.

Remarkable. Biden is barely holding it together, and half the states still haven't voted or made their voices heard, but YOU think the elections are over...

Okay...but do you know how many candidates in modern history have come back from a 300+ non-super-delegate delegate disadvantage? There aren’t any and there are no winner take all states. Sanders has to win virtually every other state by a wider margin than he won his home state. Do you really think he can do that?

Astonishing Member

The only reason the election isn't over is because of Sanders being stubborn. Biden's got a huge lead, and Florida is all but his - we saw how this played out with Clinton. This is about who has the most delegates to win the primaries, once that's happen it's over so we can focus on bigger things - like the general. Voting isn't there to simply be a means to punch the Democratic party in the face.

To be honest, I don’t get where this fear comes from. Biden has excelled in one-on-one debates, be it with Sanders, Ryan, and Palin. To assume that Trump is any smarter or temperamentally better seems inaccurate to me, especially since Biden has more of a likability about him than Trump does. He can cite his friendship with McCain to show that even Republicans like him and then demonstrate how Trump treated a POW who served his country with distinction.

Plus, we’ve seen how little debates are worth in elections given Clinton won every one of them and still lost the election.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-25-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The only reason the election isn't over is because of Sanders being stubborn. Biden's got a huge lead, and Florida is all but his - we saw how this played out with Clinton. This is about who has the most delegates to win the primaries, once that's happen it's over so we can focus on bigger things - like the general. Voting isn't there to simply be a means to punch the Democratic party in the face.
    Looking at Biden over the last couple of days?

Stretching the Primary out might be for the best.

With the General will come focus that I'm not sure Biden is really ready for right now. Hopefully, they start taking that more seriously that they did so far this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    To be honest, I don’t get where this fear comes from. Biden has excelled in one-on-one debates, be it with Sanders, Ryan, and Palin. To assume that Trump is any smarter or temperamentally better seems inaccurate to me, especially since Biden has more of a likability about him than Trump does. He can cite his friendship with McCain to show that even Republicans like him and then demonstrate how Trump treated a POW who served his country with distinction.
    Where no one has really been going after him.

Palin or Ryan?

Honestly, that might as well have been one hundred years ago. This guy ain't the guy who took part in those debates.

BANNED

Here's why Bernie is holding up on the bill.

So a few Senators want ANTi-WORKER provisions added, while One wants MORE WORKER provisions added. Why it's hard for the average political hack, to be honest, is amazing.
    It's not hard to look up when you don't absolutely hate and lie about someone all the time.

Senators threaten to delay coronavirus relief bill with last-minute objections

The other side: Sen. Bernie Sanders later released a statement saying that unless the senators drop their "anti-worker objections," he is prepared to block the legislation in order to impose "strong conditions on the $500 billion corporate welfare fund."

“I am prepared to put a hold on this bill … to make sure that any corporation receiving financial assistance under this legislation does not lay off workers, cut wages or benefits, ship jobs overseas, or pay workers poverty wages," Sanders said.
    Sanders told the New York Times that he will vote for the bill as written, but only if the Republicans drop their demands: "I cannot at the last minute allow some right-wing senators try to undermine the needs of workers and think they are going to get away with that.”