Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    well "right from the start" there really was not "legions" of non-muties. it was just the ff, cap, tony stark, wasp, and some other so and so's.
    Those heroes all gained their powers like "anyone" could and they had a good reputation. Mutants had some random factor to it, your child could be born this way. Then Magneto had the "genius" idea of spreading terror, tarnishing the "brand" further. It's easy to understand how they all might get differential treatment. If they send the line to their own ghetto, then that dilutes the hidden meaning a great deal. (and it only makes the MCU crappier without mutants. :{)

Also, Spider-Man had JJJ constantly trashing his reputation. Again, why did JJJ pick on him?! Because he did.

This sounds iffy at best.

I am curious if this or something similar happened, would the X-Universe reboot and start over or would they continue with the 616 history just minus the MU.

BANNED

"storm"? So Storm goes Dark Phoenix.

Putting the X-men in their own universe might not be bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    On the one hand, I always thought that the mutant prejudice metaphor has been incredibly problematic ever since they were first integrated into the shared universe, and it only really works when there's no other metahumans. They really ought to have been shunted off to their own universe a while ago.

On the other hand, Marvel would be running a HUGE risk. Even if the X-Men aren't the dominating powerhouse they used to be, they still represent a BIG chunk of their publishing revenue. To say nothing of the backlash they'd get from from the CompleX if it's viewed as Marvel attempting to further marginalize the X-Line. It could be very damaging to their public relations if it's true, as it could be construed as Marvel having intentionally deceived their customers with all their denials that any such marginalization was occurring.

It could also just be one big troll/cash grab, with a THIRD event the following year this report doesn't mention, "Return of X," which sees the X-men returned to the main verse.
    Like when Onslaught killed the Avengers ?.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    link/source? Sounds like trolling crap.
    Yeah, there is no way that Carol is the one that wins Civil War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, there is no way that Carol is the one that wins Civil War 2.
    I don't know, they have tried everything to cement her as THE Marvel Woman. That part seems possible.

If this is what it's building up to, and ALL the X-Men are moved to their own universe, I'm all for it. With all the FOX vs. Marvel business I'm just tired of the X-Men having to share a universe with any other characters...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    If this is what it's building up to, and ALL the X-Men are moved to their own universe, I'm all for it. With all the FOX vs. Marvel business I'm just tired of the X-Men having to share a universe with any other characters...
    TBH, I think there's a lot of people who WOULD actually prefer it (IF it's an all or nothing situation). The objection is that if this is what is happening, Marvel's comments about the role of the X-Men look incredibly disingenuous. As I noted, they've been saying all this time they have no plans to marginalize the X-Men or push them off into another universe. Yet if they go ahead and do the latter it's not going to make them look good.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Everyone discriminating in real life are usually all human afaik with tons of similarities. And I am certain animals do it too. It's part of life. I am certain metahumans would further discriminate among themselves.
    You know when posters make that claim this part is ALWAYS disregarded, and especially when posters claim this mentality doesn't reflect "real life".....

Also while I'm not saying any of this is true I wouldn't put it past Marvel, there was probably a time when readers thought Marvel would never create an entire event to do something incredibly stupid and then there was AvX or that time when we randomly found out Wanda and Pietro were no longer Mags kids!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't know, they have tried everything to cement her as THE Marvel Woman. That part seems possible.

And yet IM/Tony Stark is supposed to be helmed as the "mascot" for marvel so...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Naw they have worked to hard to have some mutants appear in non-Xbooks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    And yet IM/Tony Stark is supposed to be helmed as the "mascot" for marvel so...
    But everything can change after civil war movie. Plus starting from civil war it'll be a while before Tony Stark appears again on the MCU, but carol has a movie incoming

BANNED

nobdy has pointed out that the inhumn who predicts the future is called ulyses??

Nah, I was so happy with the "Carol wins Civil War!" part, but X-Men in another timeline, like really? It sounds like total bullshit.

BANNED

Cannot wait for Ms Marvel movie to flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    But did you missed the fact that major X-Men are going to get killed? What's the point of having a whole universe for the X-Men if Magneto, Psylocke, Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Archangel and Magik are all dead.