Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Buuut you have a family....
    Obviously Blink had some interaction with her family as she remembers their West Indies accent
    I should've remembered this before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Slade Fredrich_slade_profile.JPG

I mean it's cannon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the Apocalypse Vs Dracula mini series written by Frank Tieri, it is revealed that in London, 1897 Apocalypse's genetic descendants called the Clan Akkaba had a member called Frederick Slade. Slade was characterized with pink hair and eyes that were tinted green, and he had the ability to teleport himself, others, and selected objects with a 'blink' effect. In the hope that the Clan Akkaba would still continue, Apocalypse's servant Ozymandias, made sure that Frederick would sire a child with a woman known as Miss Ferguson. Given the similarity in powers and allusions made within the mini series, it is assumed that Clarice Ferguson/Blink is a descendant of the 19th Century Frederick Slade and Miss Ferguson and therefore a descendant of Apocalypse. Slade showed up still alive, but elderly in an issue of New Excalibur and leading a new Clan Akkaba along with Ozymandias.
    Anyway...so about the actual issue. She's oddly smiley in such a serious situation....it's called eXiles and has Blink, but just doesn't have that vibe.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 04-12-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    I just saw the Exiles #1 Review on CBR and read this

On the first, artist Javier Rodríguez delivers an absolute masterclass in style,

The writer Alex Spencer must be from an alternate universe where art is in a strange crude infancy,
    it is always interesting when people with a writing background try to comment on art using PR lingo...

Artists who could give a masterclass - Bachalo, Cheung, Choi ... Javier Rodríguez is a very big stretch.
    I thing he was talking more about Rodriguez’s style in layouts, eye for details and flow of motion. He may not draw the prettiest of people but he can lay the mess out of a frame. If anyone read Doctor Strange and the Sorcerer Supremes or Spider-Woman can look at his two page spreads to see a great sense of style.

BANNED

Rodriguez is good imo. I’d take him over Cheung or Choi pretty easily.

This was okay. It’s also not an X-Book though imo.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    told y'all she's black!
    Figures. She's fake.

Give us the real AOA Blink, Marvel, or go away.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Spectacular Member

It's essentially impossible for the book to succeed, right?
    I mean Exiles was popular in its day, but they drove it into the ground.
    It's been most of a decade since then, and the team has barely even been mentioned in that time.
    So you've got a half-forgotten book that went out on a low note (despite that last relaunch being good) coming back with little promotion and alienated the old fans by heavily changing the cast and even kinda the premise.

This has "stealth mini" written all over it.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 04-12-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I should've remembered this before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Slade Fredrich_slade_profile.JPG

I mean it's cannon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Canon doesnt seem to come in the picture in your defense of the New Mutants casting
    For someone who "never really thought about it" until posters brought it up have gone outta your way to try and prove Blink is anything other than black. Despite the on panel evidence.
    and I am well aware of her alleged family member. Even if Slade was her ancestor Im not sure what that proves. My grandpa was FOB Irish... like straight up potato eating, whiskey drinking, IRA hatin Irish. My grandma? Cree Indian with African ancestry but looked so light they avoided being charged with Miscegenation. My dad's pretty old but im sure was born less than hundred years before me. lol What Im getting at....claiming her ethnicity through an ancestor more than 120 years ago is silly. especially considering they moved to the Bahamas where its 90% black.

it is assumed that Clarice Ferguson/Blink is a descendant of the 19th Century Frederick Slade and Miss Ferguson and therefore a descendant of Apocalypse.
    assumed does not make it Canon. It was assumed that Gambit was the 3rd Summers brother. It was assumed Hope Summers was a reincarnated Jean Grey.....none of those panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Figures. She's fake.

Give us the real AOA Blink, Marvel, or go away.
    in what way is she not the AoA Blink?
    Damn give a person a big nose, full lips and curly hair..
    Ya'll ready to call her out as Queen Veranke

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    I mean if the haters have their way maaaybe.
    lol
    its redickulous

So you've got a half-forgotten book that went out on a low note (despite that last relaunch being good) coming back with little promotion and alienated the old fans by heavily changing the cast and even kinda the premise.
    Yeah...cause Marvel never recycles team names.
    changing the cast???? LOL
    if old fans are alienated by the changed lineup I cast doubt they ever even read eXiles.
    a rotating cast is pretty much the old series shtick
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Canon doesnt seem to come in the picture in your defense of the New Mutants casting
    For someone who "never really thought about it" until posters brought it up have gone outta your way to try and prove Blink is anything other than black. Despite the on panel evidence.
    and I am well aware of her alleged family member. Even if Slade was her ancestor Im not sure what that proves. My grandpa was FOB Irish... like straight up potato eating, whiskey drinking, IRA hatin Irish. My grandma? Cree Indian with African ancestry but looked so light they avoided being charged with Miscegenation. My dad's pretty old but im sure was born less than hundred years before me. lol What Im getting at....claiming her ethnicity through an ancestor more than 120 years ago is silly. especially considering they moved to the Bahamas where its 90% black.

assumed does not make it Canon. It was assumed that Gambit was the 3rd Summers brother. It was assumed Hope Summers was a reincarnated Jean Grey.....none of those panned out.
    Adding to the list. On the flip side, there's Ronda Rousey, who has a black grandfather, or great grandfather.
    ronda-rousey-index.jpg
    Is anyone gonna use that to argue her as a black woman? lol I seriously doubt it. So it's the same for we black folk. Plenty of us have white ancestors. My father also has Indian in his family, my maternal great grandfather's mother was Indian. My mother's grandfather was half-white. But we've always been a black family. Nobody would look at my family and think anything else. lol Sadly, I don't count since I have albinism. So when people see me, they can't tell what I am & usually have to ask. Which is eye-roll annoying. But everyone else works. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-12-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Adding to the list. On the flip side, there's Ronda Rousey

Her grandfather, or great grandfather was black. Is anyone gonna use that to argue her as a black woman? lol I doubt it. So it's the same for we black folk. Plenty of us have white ancestors, but that doesn't make us white. My father also has Indian in his family, my maternal great grandfather's mother was Indian. My mother grandfather was half-white. But we've always been a black family. Nobody would look at my family and think anything else. lol Sadly, I don't count since I have albinism. So when people see me, they can't tell what I am & usually have to ask. Which is eye-roll annoying.
    I feels you so hard on this...Ive been "blessed with 'good' hair" (think the black dude from H.S. Musical) and if I had a nickel for while at the bar some drunk white girl comes up and grabs my hair remarking at how much it feels lilke "regular peoples hair" Id have about 16 dollars. 4 years ago when I found out where my Gpa was from you best believe every St. Patricks Day since Ive embraced my Irish ancestry lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

^Ya'll are just looking to argue about the most off topic stuff

I mean Exiles was popular in its day, but they drove it into the ground.
    It's been most of a decade since then, and the team has barely even been mentioned in that time.

This has "stealth mini" written all over it.
    The continuous volley of alt. reality characters showing up ruined the interest. Over saturated and it wasn't fun anymore. When eXiles started there was a Blink! mini and then a millennial visions that basically was just a one page art and another page description of alt. futures/ideas/versions of the Xmen.

The 2nd one had Blink missing an arm and the Talus linked to her half arm. It looked really cool and the description said she had become bitter after seeing so many teammates over the years go home while she had to stay behind.

The original series was really really well done. And the twist at the end that none of them did go home was so great. The next incarnation with Claremont was just bad.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 04-12-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Spectacular Member

changing the cast???? LOL
    if old fans are alienated by the changed lineup I cast doubt they ever even read eXiles.
    a rotating cast is pretty much the old series shtick
    The old book had major characters other than Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The continuous volley of alt. reality characters showing up ruined the interest. Over saturated and it wasn't fun anymore. When eXiles started there was a Blink! mini and then a millennial visions that basically was just a one page art and another page description of alt. futures/ideas/versions of the Xmen.

The 2nd one had Blink missing an arm and the Talus linked to her half arm. It looked really cool and the description said she had become bitter after seeing so many teammates over the years go home while she had to stay behind.

The original series was really really well done. And the twist at the end that none of them did go home was so great. The next incarnation with Claremont was just bad.
    Best to pretend that didn't happen. And the horrible pairing that was Psylocke x Sabretooth was really pushing it. lol Then again, Psylocke isn't one of my favorite X-ladies. Don't hate her, but just eh. And the "fight" between them was beyond embarrassing (for creed)

Fantastic Member

this looks horrible.

Astonishing Member

So is this the place to discuss the actual issue as well or just the preview? I thought it was fun and wish to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So is this the place to discuss the actual issue as well or just the preview? I thought it was fun and wish to discuss.
    It's probably best to make a separate thread. Usually that's how it goes. Plus, this thread has been derailed with controversy. I don't exclude myself in responsibility for that. lol

Spectacular Member

The Claremont run was bad, but the Parker relaunch was pretty great.