Page 590 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 904905405805865875885895905915925935946006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He was a huge intimidating thug in B vs S. He was intimidating Batman when they first met like he's going to kill him if Bruce won't quit he nearly incinerated Lex in their first encounter.
    that's reaching just use the examples from MoS
    BvS supes was just a voiceless mannequin who could not think let alone bully anyone

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There probably would be, but other media is so overwhelmingly skewed towards post-Crisis and Donner riffs (even the DCEU) that I yearn for them to look pretty much anywhere else for inspiration. At least give us a little more variety for a couple films before going back to it. Thor Ragnarok is doing the type of stuff that Superman should and it worked for a character less suited for it.

And don't use Zod or Doomsday for several more movies at least.
    I didn't like Thor: Ragnarok so that's not very convincing to me .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    BvS supes was just a voiceless mannequin who could not think let alone bully anyone
    Yeah! There were some parts like smashing the truck of the harraser, smashing government satellites, breaking the hand cuffs.. Etc. Still, cavill just didn't bring that goldenage flair and fire to the roll. As for being a thug, hell yeah! Goldenage superman is a thug.Cavill's superman? Not so much. He is rather gentlemanly.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-22-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't like Thor: Ragnarok so that's not very convincing to me .
    I didn't love it either, but something along those lines is 100% suited for Superman. Way more than Thor anyway, and you can't deny it was a hit even for that character.

This is the dude who is best friends with Jimmy "Turtle Boy" Olsen, his college sweetheart was a mermaid, has a flying dog and hangs out with space teens from the future. They need to draw from off-kilter stuff to remind people how cool and varied his world can be, not the same boring ass stuff over and over again.

This is the dude who is best friends with Jimmy "Turtle Boy" Olsen, his college sweetheart was a mermaid, has a flying dog and hangs out with space teens from the future. They need to draw from off-kilter stuff to remind people how cool and varied his world can be, not the same boring ass stuff over and over again.
    I would be down for some wierd scifi stuff and morality plays of the character, not as much as i would love goldenage superman. But,it would have my attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-FvIrIML4

"Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy." That's something Ultraman would say when he's in a good mood. No Superman would day that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnt30x0uew

2:38 About to light Lex like a Christmas tree.

"I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more than you deserve." That's something AzBats would say, not Superman.

Superman's so easy for a bad guy to manipulate him into nearly committing murder. Just kidnap his mother or girlfriend, and he'll do it on command. His impulse control is absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB-FvIrIML4

"Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The Bat is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy." That's something Ultraman would say when he's in a good mood. No Superman would day that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnt30x0uew

2:38 About to light Lex like a Christmas tree.

"I'll take you in without breaking you, which is more than you deserve
    ." That's something AzBats would say, not Superman.
    So, what mate? How does superman deal with criminals? No, wait, wait! let me guess. He gives them a chocolate cake and asks them nicely. Dude! Even postcrisis superman has capacity to atleast do the @bold things you mentioned.
    Superman has been typecasted and boxed into so called stereotypical boyscout roll for so long that we get these kinds of reaction from something very trivial.This is how people see superman as.

Though i would admit this pretty funny.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-22-2020 at 05:20 PM.

The first line is just overwrought and corny. In the end that's all that's wrong with it.

The second is absolutely something Superman would say.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I didn't love it either, but something along those lines is 100% suited for Superman. Way more than Thor anyway, and you can't deny it was a hit even for that character.

I think you can tell a similar story with Superman, but I don't think you need to reinvent the wheel that much.

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Best for last.

Yeah Reeves is going to nail it 100%.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Pattinson is already the best Batman. Goddamn.

Astonishing Member

Did anyone get Charlie Cox Daredevil vibes from Pattinson’s Bat-voice?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Eyes on the cowl are still weird but I like the rest of the suit.