Page 245 of 246 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3689

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I liked Cass here but.... Steph is like another batgirl of burnside here..
    To be fair, I feel like Steph would have been the more appropriate candidate for that whole lighthearted 'Batgirl of Burnside' thing. Not to say its what I would have sought out for her, but the up and coming, young and zesty vibe would have suited her just fine. Plus we could have avoided all that hubbub at the time about Babs 'seeming' regressed in order to fit a certain tone and demographic. Oh and yes Cass also looks great, I like the artist clearly took inspo from the Black Bat outfit and her current Orphan look. Cass needs a cape is all I'm sayin.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    To be fair, I feel like Steph would have been the more appropriate candidate for that whole lighthearted 'Batgirl of Burnside' thing. Not to say its what I would have sought out for her, but the up and coming, young and zesty vibe would have suited her just fine. Plus we could have avoided all that hubbub at the time about Babs 'seeming' regressed in order to fit a certain tone and demographic. Oh and yes Cass also looks great, I like the artist clearly took inspo from the Black Bat outfit and her current Orphan look. Cass needs a cape is all I'm sayin.
    Well said! And I actually liked the two issues where Steph was basically filling in for Babs way more than the rest of the Burnside run. Though I don't go quite as far as some and say that Burnside Babs was the same as Steph (thankfully - I much prefer BQM to the Burnside run).

I'd rather Cass have a different hat than a cape. Not that I'd say no to a cape, but the skullcap just doesn't work for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The BIG Bat is so very brash and Steph - I really enjoy little (or big, as the case may be) touches like that!
    Exactly
    It's bold and in your face, very much Steph, or at least how Steph likes to come across.

What do you think of Sean Murphy's new Babs redesign? It has NO cowl, which is kinda odd, but I like the fact that most of it is basically the Batgirl Year One outfit, which is still Babs' best story.
    I'm with you in that I really like the fact that it's reminiscent to her Year One outfit, I love that it has the OG Batgirl colours in there, I am a sucker for the nostalgia. But I do have two complaints. One being, yeah, the lack of a cowl. It just looks really goofy to me, like she is wearing a Halloween kitty cat ear headband rather than any sort of mask or protective head gear. Whats wrong the cowl DC, it looks great. I'd honestly take the Burnside cap cowl over this headband look.

And two (mind you I'm not 100% on this one I'm hoping its misinterpretation on my part but) what on earth is with the uneven boots? One reaches her thigh whilst the other reaches her knee? It looks like she couldn't find the right shoe sizes for either foot. I'm hoping that that is just the artist trying to decide on which one and showing both as an example, but so far I can't find any other images to confirm or deny that 'one large boot, one small boot'....thing.

Exactly
    It's bold and in your face, very much Steph, or at least how Steph likes to come across.

I'm with you in that I really like the fact that it's reminiscent to her Year One outfit, I love that it has the OG Batgirl colours in there, I am a sucker for the nostalgia. But I do have two complaints. One being, yeah, the lack of a cowl. It just looks really goofy to me, like she is wearing a Halloween kitty cat ear headband rather than any sort of mask or protective head gear. Whats wrong the cowl DC, it looks great. I'd honestly take the Burnside cap cowl over this headband look.

And two (mind you I'm not 100% on this one I'm hoping its misinterpretation on my part but) what on earth is with the uneven boots? One reaches her thigh whilst the other reaches her knee? It looks like she couldn't find the right shoe sizes for either foot. I'm hoping that that is just the artist trying to decide on which one and showing both as an example, but so far I can't find any other images to confirm or deny that 'one large boot, one small boot'....thing.
    Steph is nothing if not Statement Making. Here we go!

I don't hate the lack of cowl (since I don't really care about the secret identity plots, so I don't mind if they Clark Kent the cowl. ) As long as they keep the ears, I'm fine with it.

I originally thought the boots were uneven, but now I think that was just a design test, to see which length they liked better. Until we FINALLy get Batgirl #26, though, I don't think we'll know for sure. (And they keep delaying everything - not sure what's up with that.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well not to take the focus off Steph too much, but I guess now we know now thanks to the solicit art that the boots are indeed even. I'm glad they went with the knee high option rather than the thigh high one.

Well not to take the focus off Steph too much, but I guess now we know now thanks to the solicit art that the boots are indeed even. I'm glad they went with the knee high option rather than the thigh high one.
    Oh, man, didn't even catch that - thanks for noticing!

As for poor Steph...it is pretty sad that I don't see her anywhere. Nicer for my wallet, though!

Amazing Member

tumblr_pcftq5ME4l1sqyt7ko1_540.jpg

Stephanie Brown bio in Young Justice! This sounds just like her and I'm happy!

Pretty cool they went for her Spoiler persona. Love that look.

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post

I heard about this - I'm so glad to see it, finally! No one in the thread on a different forum seemed to have gotten this - it's so pretty! Looks like Weisman was indeed reading Tynion's Tec (which, I know, isn't everyone's favorite version of Steph, but I really loved it, with a couple of issues that didn't work for me).

Man, this double post thing is killing me.

Ah, well, good to see the Steph content starting to pick up again! It's been a dark few months!

FINALLY SOMETHING OF STEPH.. The trailer dissapointed me(However, Drake only appeared a few seconds)

FINALLY SOMETHING OF STEPH.. The trailer dissapointed me.

I heard about this - I'm so glad to see it, finally! No one in the thread on a different forum seemed to have gotten this - it's so pretty! Looks like Weisman was indeed reading Tynion's Tec (which, I know, isn't everyone's favorite version of Steph, but I really loved it, with a couple of issues that didn't work for me).
    I thought it was an on-point description of Steph, but I didn't think it was reflective of Tynion's Steph...unless she starts inexplicably hacking stuff as per being "wickedly smart" .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was an on-point description of Steph, but I didn't think it was reflective of Tynion's Steph...unless she starts inexplicably hacking stuff as per being "wickedly smart" .
    The whole "wickedly smart" stuff wasn't usually how people described her - more "girl next door" or "determined/stubborn". The "something to prove" thing is true of Dixon and Tynion Steph (and I think Tynion was deliberately trying to recreate Dixon Steph, so that's fair).

I just noticed something, though: "Spoiler-B-Two-Eight" - Batman #28, the first time Spoiler appears in the n52!

The whole "wickedly smart" stuff wasn't usually how people described her - more "girl next door" or "determined/stubborn". The "something to prove" thing is true of Dixon and Tynion Steph (and I think Tynion was deliberately trying to recreate Dixon Steph, so that's fair).
    Well, I hope the crew lean more Dixon then Tynion, all the same .
    I just noticed something, though: "Spoiler-B-Two-Eight" - Batman #28, the first time Spoiler appears in the n52!
    Huh! I wonder if that was a coincidence .