A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that both Rhino and Scorpion have at different point in their careers been unable to remove their villain outfits (or at least believed that was the case) and it caused them great dismay.

Maybe you're thinking of them.
    Hm, I have been re-watching a lot of playthroughs of the PS4 Spider-Man game and its sequel lately, and that version of Rhino definitely fits the bill. It just didn't occur to me because he's a different type of character from what I had in mind.

So, yeah, that might be it.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: We're in the epilogue of this arc now. Shoto has reached the narrative point I've been hoping for all along. And I bet that we're going to get a meeting between Deku and the vestiges within One For All for chapter 300.

Black Clover: Things have taken a bad turn. It's different from what I expected but it's still very bad.

Phantom Seer: Iori reaffirms his goals but includes Riku when talks about achieving them. That's nice. Lots of setup for the next arc as we learn more about the conceiving hands and meet some new interesting people.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Jigokuraku wrapped up.

Final chapter was just a little tying up of all the loose ends. As I said last week, an excellent manga, highly recommended. Very much enjoyed it and it didn't outstay it's welcome. Great art, great fights, great tone and character work.

Would recommend, big thumbs.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Jigokuraku wrapped up.

Final chapter was just a little tying up of all the loose ends. As I said last week, an excellent manga, highly recommended. Very much enjoyed it and it didn't outstay it's welcome. Great art, great fights, great tone and character work.

Would recommend, big thumbs.
    Thick I'll go back into it now that's it's done.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: We're in the epilogue of this arc now. Shoto has reached the narrative point I've been hoping for all along. And I bet that we're going to get a meeting between Deku and the vestiges within One For All for chapter 300.

Black Clover: Things have taken a bad turn. It's different from what I expected but it's still very bad.

Phantom Seer: Iori reaffirms his goals but includes Riku when talks about achieving them. That's nice. Lots of setup for the next arc as we learn more about the conceiving hands and meet some new interesting people.
    Black Clover: Yeah, I wholly overlooked the threat level of spoilers:
    Morris here. And going by Dante's surprised expression, he wasn't expecting the new devils either.
    end of spoilers

Phantom Seer: The setups for future arcs planted in this chapter has me pretty excited. I'm hoping that we learn more about the Conceiving Hands and this new group of villains soon.

MHA: Pretty much my thoughts on the chapter, though I'm wondering if AFO's hijacking of Shigaraki will start splintering the OG Legion of Villains' group.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-24-2021 at 03:33 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just found out that mira furlan, who played ambassador delenn on "babylon 5", has passed away from west nile virus at the age of 65.

one of the all time great sci-fi ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just found out that mira furlan, who played ambassador delenn on "babylon 5", has passed away from west nile virus at the age of 65.

one of the all time great sci-fi ladies.
    Oh, man. That sucks.

She was amazing in that role.

(That came out wrong - I mean it would suck even if she was a terrible actor, but she really wasn’t.)

Extraordinary Member

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    WE'RE DOOMED! I'm incredibly excited BUT WE ARE DOOMED!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Not really liking how this trailer is making Godzilla into the bad guy.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Not really liking how this trailer is making Godzilla into the bad guy.
    Could be Mecha.

I don't like how Godzilla's characterization seems to contrast with KOTM.

But maybe it is something else like Fist said
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Some of the dialogue alluded to something causing him to act out of character. Could be Mecha, or some other deal. I'll give it a watch.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!