Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default So...where's Vicki Vale?

She's perhaps one of the most underused characters in the DCU despite being Batman's one-time love interests. So why no love for her or does DC just don't have any ideas for her? And if BatCat is truly over for good, maybe Bruce can go on the rebound with Vicki if not anyone else? Just a thought.

Aside from the role she played in Batman Eternal, I wasn't sure when she last appeared in any new stories. However, the GCD lists her as a character in this month's Nightwing #46?

BANNED

I always regarded Vicki Vale as a rip-off of Lois Lane, especially the awful Lois of the 60's who was jumping off roofs to attract Superman's attention, don't like her at all.

BANNED

Read the current arc of Nightwing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Thanks--I haven't been to my comics shop in a few weeks. It's kind of a pilgrimage to come all the way into town.

Ok, gotcha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    She's perhaps one of the most underused characters in the DCU despite being Batman's one-time love interests. So why no love for her or does DC just don't have any ideas for her? And if BatCat is truly over for good, maybe Bruce can go on the rebound with Vicki if not anyone else? Just a thought.
    she was created only to be the bat counterpart to lois lane, but as Catomwan and bats flame got more intsense, and we spent less tme with bruce she faded out, you can see her int he background working or on tvs but she does not mess around with the batfam

I prefer Kathy with Bruce, but Vicki is fine. I'm of the mind that 1989 Batman inadvertently contributed to her lack of presence. Sort of a reverse synergy.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

... and Bob Kane wanted Vicky to be a stand-in for Marilyn Monroe, a blonde, but they got the coloring wrong... She really is a Lois Lane rip-off but I will always have a soft spot for her because of the 1989 movie.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Beat me! Also, read it because it's great! But as a big Vicki fan since Batman Eternal, I'm so thrilled she's back.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

She was in the first season of Telltale's Batman.

Fantastic Member

Vicki isn't used much because like some posters said she is a lois rip off. Though her being a villian in some of those out of continuity stories as lady arkham was interesting. Now she is being used on knightwing as a partner on something lois could be good in too since bendis doesn't want to use her it would be cool if she teamed up with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She was in the first season of Telltale's Batman.
    UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

spoilers:
    Not really. There was a character with that name, but she was NOTHING like Vicki. I mean, even more than the changes to Bruce's parents, which were already significant.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Vicki isn't used much because like some posters said she is a lois rip off. Though her being a villian in some of those out of continuity stories as lady arkham was interesting. Now she is being used on knightwing as a partner on something lois could be good in too since bendis doesn't want to use her it would be cool if she teamed up with them too.
    1) Spoilers?

2) She's a Lois ripoff, but why can't Batman have a Lois ripoff?

3) I really don't get why people keep saying that Bendis doesn't want to use Lois. She's going to be in Action 1001.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    ... and Bob Kane wanted Vicky to be a stand-in for Marilyn Monroe, a blonde, but they got the coloring wrong... She really is a Lois Lane rip-off but I will always have a soft spot for her because of the 1989 movie.
    Ironically Vicki Vale all but disappeared from the comic books after the 1989 movie. While the 1992 movie boosted Catwoman's stock so much she got her own comic book.