Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thor (MCU) Vs Nuclear Man (Superman IV: The Quest for Peace)

Obviously Christopher Reeve's Superman is a class or two above Chris Hemsworth's Thor, so this might seem like a stomp, but I actually think it's an interesting one.

Nuclear Man (the second version in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, not the faulty first one) went toe-to-toe with Supes, but never displayed the top-end of his speed - and he definitely had some exploitable weaknesses.

And given how durable Thor is - and what Stormbreaker is capable of - this could be a cool fight.

So, Thor Vs Nuclear Man: How goes it?

If you hadn't already guessed, given what I've just said, Thor has Stormbreaker.

What were his exploitable weaknesses again?

Taking repeated blows from a moon mover suggests Thor don't want none of that for fisticuffs if nothing else :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I could beat him up if it was dark.

Astonishing Member

Thor with Stormbreaker pretty much murders him.

Incredible Member

The need for constant contact with sunlight to maintain his powers. The moment he steps into shade he loses his powers and drops like a lead balloon.

Ultimate Member

In normal daylight, I would go with Nuclear man.

He's strong enough to go toe to toe with Moon mover, fault line closer Reeve Superman plus he has "super scratchy poisoned nails" that could easily tear through Thor's skin.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Thor could presumably just Bifrost him into deep space far from any stars to power him.

Taking repeated blows from a moon mover suggests Thor don't want none of that for fisticuffs if nothing else :P
    Yeah pretty much. He goes toe to toe with a guy that can move the Moon. But the instant he steps into so much as a shaded area, he goes completely inanimate. Not sure if MCU Thor ever summoned a storm that clouded things over. If he can, he wins easily. Did the Nuclear Man ever display super speed?
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Nuclear Man uses freeze breath to put Thor inside the kind of ice block that Superman needed a while to break out of and calls it a day.

Moreover, considering that Nuclear Man could dive into a volcano and make it erupt like it is no big deal, I rather think that Thor is simply not gonna be able to bring about the conditions of near total darkness required to incapacitate his opponent.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Nuclear Man uses freeze breath to put Thor inside the kind of ice block that Superman needed a while to break out of and calls it a day.

Moreover, considering that Nuclear Man could dive into a volcano and make it erupt like it is no big deal, I rather think that Thor is simply not gonna be able to bring about the conditions of near total darkness required to incapacitate his opponent.
    well it doesn't need to be total darkness. just no direct sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yeah pretty much. He goes toe to toe with a guy that can move the Moon. But the instant he steps into so much as a shaded area, he goes completely inanimate. Not sure if MCU Thor ever summoned a storm that clouded things over. If he can, he wins easily. Did the Nuclear Man ever display super speed?
    Travel speed, yes. He was causing havoc around the globe, and flew from the Earth to the Moon in a few seconds.

Battle speed? I don't remember much but I don't remember any feats in that direction (I could be wrong, but then I'd have to watch it again and I don't wanna).

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well it doesn't need to be total darkness. just no direct sunlight.
    Right. Even just walking past a pillar in Luthor's penthouse in the middle of the day shut him down.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Can Thor create a cloud of smoke/dust sufficient to blot our the light for a short period, either though physical strength or lightning to the surroundings?

Or, I guess, just toss his cape over Nuclear Man, if he's wearing it at the time.

If Nuclear Man really has no true super speed (for fighting) then it is conceivable that Thor could block the sun with heavy clouds. He did so with Mjolnir against the Destroyer. He sorta did so when Odin died.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Can Thor create a cloud of smoke/dust sufficient to blot our the light for a short period, either though physical strength or lightning to the surroundings?

Or, I guess, just toss his cape over Nuclear Man, if he's wearing it at the time.
    he does have enough weather manipulation to create clouds and fine enough control that he can stop rain from failling on jane's head in "dark world".

and then there's his fight with the destroyer where he wiped up enough clouds to darken the area they were in.

so it is a viable tactic. a game winner in this case. but that depends on if NM has good combat speed to stop thor from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Travel speed, yes. He was causing havoc around the globe, and flew from the Earth to the Moon in a few seconds.

Battle speed? I don't remember much but I don't remember any feats in that direction (I could be wrong, but then I'd have to watch it again and I don't wanna).

Right. Even just walking past a pillar in Luthor's penthouse in the middle of the day shut him down.
    Well, this is an arena fight since the OP does not say otherwise. Granted, given a chance to do it, Thor could cloud things over and make enough shade to win. The problem is that the Nuclear Man has that travel speed that could take him from the Earth to the Moon in seconds or to anywhere on Earth in seconds. All he has to do at the bell is rocket straight into Thor at that kind of speed and I don't think MCU Thor has reaction feats to evade it fast enough.
    Power with Girl is better.