Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Fair enough, the debate is going around in circles fast enough to generate a whirlpool that would give even the Prince of Atlantis pause to venture into it. The other characters have been neglected lately.

I suggest everyone use the remainder of their weekend to relax, cool off, before we resume the discussion. That's what a Sunday is for. Or go off to your favorite character's respective appreciation threads to bask in the camaraderie.
    I sincerely hope this wasn't aimed at me especially as I'm the only poster in this thread that has the term camraderie as part of my sig?

At present, I'm not particulalrly interested in any of the Illuminati for a number of reasons.

However, I do like the Great Society quite a bit and would genuinely like to see more of them.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    However, I do like the Great Society quite a bit and would genuinely like to see more of them.
    Agreed. Haven't been this interested in an alt universe group since Exiles.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Agreed. Haven't been this interested in an alt universe group since Exiles.
    I feel the same way bout the GS. They are pretty good. Best Justice League being written right now imho. I would like a few of them to survive and make it.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Finally caught up on this book...read the past two issues and the annual in one sitting. This book is great. I know some complain that it is slow, but to me there is such a feeling of momentum to the book.

Strange seems totally on the brink of becoming a black priest, no? On the last page, he's still holding the helmet....seems like a bit of foreshadowing to me.

Could the black priests be alt-u Doctors? Or maybe even just alt-u Sorcerer Supremes? It would explain why Black Swan immediately didn't like or trust Strange.

BANNED

That picture of Sun God standing with a defeated Hulk at his feet...not long now before some clever dick superimposes a pic of Superman in Sun Gods place appearing soon all over the 'net on 'vs' boards.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I can see why you be annoyed by that, and it would seem like a cheat, but I also thought it was kind of brilliant since it appears everyone seem to not to recall it and I only realized that after re-reading issue 17.. Then again I could be wrong and I'm just seeing things that's not there..
    Hmm, in issue 15 Reed states that there's only minutes of observable future, perhaps up to two hours depending on proximity. Given the proximity of the two universes and that the current event is close to two hours away this could've been a foreshadow.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphan View Post
    I feel the same way bout the GS. They are pretty good. Best Justice League being written right now imho. I would like a few of them to survive and make it.
    Feel the same way. I have my doubts about them surviving however but you never know.

Is there a date for New Avengers 21?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I couldn't find anything. But Avengers #24 is supposed to come out in september.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Finally caught up on this book...read the past two issues and the annual in one sitting. This book is great. I know some complain that it is slow, but to me there is such a feeling of momentum to the book.

Strange seems totally on the brink of becoming a black priest, no? On the last page, he's still holding the helmet....seems like a bit of foreshadowing to me.

Could the black priests be alt-u Doctors? Or maybe even just alt-u Sorcerer Supremes? It would explain why Black Swan immediately didn't like or trust Strange.
    The foreshadowing on this is so strong that I think it might be misdirection. I'm getting a sense Strange is going to the impossible and come up with a different solution.

On the Swan thing, yeah, she's avoided Strange and I don't think she's spoken to him at all. It could have been dismissive at first, but I think she seems intrigued by him more recently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    The foreshadowing on this is so strong that I think it might be misdirection. I'm getting a sense Strange is going to the impossible and come up with a different solution.

On the Swan thing, yeah, she's avoided Strange and I don't think she's spoken to him at all. It could have been dismissive at first, but I think she seems intrigued by him more recently.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    7/23 is the current on sale date

One whole word then; very suspicious if you ask me.

BANNED

One whole word then; very suspicious if you ask me.
    Exactly.

That's the beauty of Black Swan's approach.

She gives you the barest hint of information that you invariably end up hanging yourself with all the while wondering how things went so wrong.

Even Thanos understood this. (and he'd only just met her.)

http://i43.tinypic.com/29cordg.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/scu99s.jpg
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 06-30-2014 at 04:57 PM.

It's definitely possible. I first called it a couple of issues ago when the connection was less overt. But this issue really ramped it up. Given that we are entering the end phase of the stories, I figure it's a strong possibility. But yeah, it's pretty blatant this issue, so it could be a swerve.

Exactly.

That's the beauty of Black Swan's approach.

She gives you the barest hint of information that you invariably end up hanging yourself with all the while wondering how things went so wrong.

Even Thanos understood this. (and he'd only just met her.)
    You think there are telepathic conversations going on in those panels?