Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Default couples who should not be together

i don't know if i'm in the minority here but i just feel the kyle and carol thing is just wrong.

i've been trying to avoid new guardians because of it, but the godhead crossover is a fun story i would like to follow. sigh.

what are the chances of kyle and natu getting back together? (also i was not that excited when kyle and donna were together - i kinda preferred jade more).

other (potential) relationships i'm not crazy about:

bruce wayne and lois lane.
    bruce wayne and lena luthor.
    bruce wayne and barbara gordon.
    Last edited by liwanag; 10-16-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Superboy and Ms. Martian. I don't want that to happen in the DCnU 52 at all. I didn't like it in the YJ cartoon and I didn't like it in the Smallville comic.

I also am not a fan of Starfire and Roy being an item. I'm not a fan of Arsenal but I do like Starfire and would prefer her either being single or with someone else.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Kyle and Carol is the cancer of all DC relationship, ( Lol did you guys notice Kyle turned her into Alex and its like she didn't even care)
    Barry and Patty, its meh to be honest.

Bruce and Lois wasn't real, Bruce didn't have any memories due to satanus and Kaiyo.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Superboy and Ms. Martian. I don't want that to happen in the DCnU 52 at all. I didn't like it in the YJ cartoon and I didn't like it in the Smallville comic.

I also am not a fan of Starfire and Roy being an item. I'm not a fan of Arsenal but I do like Starfire and would prefer her either being single or with someone else.
    Yeah Starfire and Roy is another relationship i'm not too fond of but it doesn't come off as back as Kyle and Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i don't know if i'm in the minority here but i just feel the kyle and carol thing is just wrong.

i've been trying to avoid new guardians because of it, but the godhead crossover is a fun story i would like to follow. sigh.

what are the chances of kyle and natu getting back together? (also i was not that excited when kyle and donna were together - i kinda preferred jade more).

other (potential) relationships i'm not crazy about:

bruce wayne and lois lane.
    bruce wayne and lena luthor.
    bruce wayne and barbara gordon.
    The whole Kyle+ Carol thing was done to get a reaction out of people. It seems to be working very well since people who don't even read the books complain, lol. I don't see Kyle and Natu getting back together until she leaves the Sinestro book. On top of that Tony Bedard said during his run that in his mind Kyle and Natu were never together... so who knows where that stands. I did enjoy Natu and Kyle.

I say the crazier the relationships, the better. I was kind of tired seeing the same people together in stories pre-New 52
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Ew, I didn't even know Kyle and Carol were a thing. I'm obviously not a Green Lantern reader but that just seems wrong to me.

As for my opinion about which couple shouldn't be together, Superman and Wonder Woman.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If it ever happens, Batman and Wonder Woman

Man you're totally right. Kyle+Carol is just weird. Feels like incest or something... idk.

I LOVED when Jenny and Kyle were together man. They were simply awesome.

Also, the Supes/WW affair feels kinda wrong, even though Charles Soule did a very good job on that book.

I remember other couples that never felt right.

- Tim and Cassie during Teen Titans after Conner died. I think i shouted BETRAYAL when i read that issue.
    - Gar and Raven. Weird couple, i must say.
    - Roy and Donna after Donna's kid died.
    - Arthur and Ya'wara (the chick fromt The Others)... I just love Mera too much.
    - Im just sick of the "Ollicity" thing from Arrow. They just DO NOT FIT.

Also, as a bonus track, couples i Loved but went to shit for different reasons.
    - When Dinah was dating Dr. Midnight before Ollie came back. It was so sad when Di dumped his ass.
    - Cap Marvel and Courtney (Stargirl). That was AWESOME, but Alan Scott and Jay Garrick thought it was too weird and kinda illegal.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Mighty Member

Agreed about New Guardians, I'd like to read it but the Kyle/Carol really puts me off. Not really a fan of how it's written or how Jordan writes Carol overall.

I don't like Tim/Cassie, pre or post FP. Glad that seems to have been dropped at least.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Terry Longa and Donna Troy.

Oh no, my wife is in terrible agony, that might reflect badly on me. Keep it classy, guy.

Because there is no sane, just universe in which that...creature..does not die alone, unmourned and unloved. Annihilating it and the Spawn of Long (who not coincidentally apparently would have grown up to be future-Super Hitler) is unquestionably the greatest service towards humanity John Byrne has ever performed.

Oh, and Carol/Kyle is a thing now? That's weird and pretty stupid too, I guess.
    Buh-bye

I know I'm gonna get hate for this but Batman and Wonder Woman shouldn't ever be a couple.

Wonder Woman is the ultimate female icon and Bruce is the "playa" of the comic book world. Catwoman, Talia, Nocturna, Vicki Vale, Linda Page, Vesper Fairchild, Silver St. Cloud, Julia Madison, Black Canary (in All Star Batman), Rachel Dawes, Jezable Jett, etc.
    I don't think Wonder Woman should be a hash mark on Bruce's wall.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-16-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I know I'm gonna get hate for this but Batman and Wonder Woman shouldn't ever be a couple.

Wonder Woman is the ultimate female icon and Bruce is the "playa" of the comic book world. Catwoman, Talia, Nocturna, Vicki Vale, Linda Page, Vesper Fairchild, Silver St. Cloud, Julia Madison, Black Canary (in All Star Batman), Rachel Dawes, Jezable Jett, etc.
    I don't think Wonder Woman should be a hash mark on Bruce's wall.
    I am pretty sure Tony Stark could give a run to Batman money in the most "playa" of the comic book world.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    - Cap Marvel and Courtney (Stargirl). That was AWESOME, but Alan Scott and Jay Garrick thought it was too weird and kinda illegal.
    Oh man like for real ? Its like a brother banging his older sister or a sister banging his little brother or whatever. When that happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I am pretty sure Tony Stark could give a run to Batman money in the most "playa" of the comic book world.
    Ok, "playa" of the DC superhero world.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ok, "playa" of the DC superhero world.
    Thats better. But Nightwing is a strong contender to the DC title too.