Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2680
    BANNED

Guys, what's your opinion on Ages of Thunder/Reign of Blood/Man of War ?

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Guys, what's your opinion on Ages of Thunder/Reign of Blood/Man of War ?
    Isn't that the miniseries from Oeming where Thor and the three warriors go through a series of trials to prove their innocence?

I also remember that story where he has a conversation with a catholic priest.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 06-02-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Isn't that the miniseries from Oeming where Thor and the three warriors go through a series of trials to prove their innocence?

I also remember that story where he has a conversation with a catholic priest.
    No, that's Blood Oath.

Ages of Thunder is a series of three one-shots by Matt Fraction.

No, that's Blood Oath.

Ages of Thunder is a series of three one-shots by Matt Fraction.
    I thought AoT was written by Paul Jenkins.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Nope, that's not the one.

Anyway, regarding the story, as an elseworlds and imagining this isn't Marvel's I guess it's good, but as the characters from Marvel we've known over the years, this was really bad characterization for Thor, Odin and Amora, painfully bad characterization.

Nope, that's not the one.

Anyway, regarding the story, as an elseworlds and imagining this isn't Marvel's I guess it's good, but as the characters from Marvel we've known over the years, this was really bad characterization for Thor, Odin and Amora, painfully bad characterization.
    What happened to Amora the Enchantress?

BANNED

What happened to Amora the Enchantress?
    You don't know ? LOL you're better not knowing.

She was implied to be a whore who slept around with everyone and shown basically as a prostitute. Some dwarves made a pretty necklace that Amora wanted, she said she'd get it by any means necessary, she goes to the dwarves (who are drawn disgustingly ugly) and undress herself, then tells them they can do with her body anything they want, then we see them touching her naked body and the scene goes dark, next page she has the necklace and states it is so pretty that she can put up with all the disgusting things the dwarves did to her.

She was also constantly drawn with huge racks that popped out of her costume, like it was drawn for edgy pre-teens.

You don't know ? LOL you're better not knowing.

She was implied to be a whore who slept around with everyone and shown basically as a prostitute. Some dwarves made a pretty necklace that Amora wanted, she said she'd get it by any means necessary, she goes to the dwarves (who are drawn disgustingly ugly) and undress herself, then tells them they can do with her body anything they want, then we see them touching her naked body and the scene goes dark, next page she has the necklace and states it is so pretty that she can put up with all the disgusting things the dwarves did to her.

She was also constantly drawn with huge racks that popped out of her costume, like it was drawn for edgy pre-teens.
    Lol. In what comic this happened?

Aaron hates Asgard. There's no other explanation, aside for him writing every character like they are in a gritty crime drama.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

You're thinking of Thor: Heaven & Earth, the mini-series by Jenkins where each issue was it's own complete story and a different artist.

Aaron hates Asgard. There's no other explanation, aside for him writing every character like they are in a gritty crime drama.
    It wasn't Aaron, it was Fraction's mini-series Ages of Thunder, Reign of Blood and Man of War. It should be noted that the Thor featured in this series wasn't the "real" one but rather multiple Thor's from previous Ragnarok cycles (AoT featured the Thor's from the 3rd and 11th cycles while RoB and MoW starred the Thor from the 23rd cycle). So it's basically out of continuity.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Thor: Ages of Thunder and Reign of Blood written by Matt Fraction before his Thor run.

Seeing it in context after this time, yeah, no good characteritzations on characters, specially Amora who continues being sidelined in a constant way because actually there are not any Marvel writer who respects and loves her.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Thor: Ages of Thunder and Reign of Blood written by Matt Fraction before his Thor run.

Seeing it in context after this time, yeah, no good characteritzations on characters, specially Amora who continues being sidelined in a constant way because actually there are not any Marvel writer who respects and loves her.
    Hardly any asgardian character gets respect aside for Loki ever since JMS and Gillen left the Thor comics.

Thor: Tales of Asgard

art: Olivier Coipel

I don't love the way Coipel draws Thor's face, but other than that... yeah, absolutely top artist.

Simonson's The Saga of the Vengeance of Thor would have been a great experience.

Sad that it never came about, though.

Why didn't it happen?