View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    No wonder Grant has been seen on the Lot so much lately...(I kid, I kid...Wish it were true.)
    I really don't get this thinking. Gustin is a mediocre CW actor from a pretty bad show. Not only can he not carry a big movie, he plays an entirely different version of the character with a decade of continuity. I'm not sure what else you expect him to bring to the role after so long of him doing it. There's nothing fresh or new to that. Its just so boring.

Don't get me wrong, Miller has to go, but why is it so hard to imagine a new actor that's actually decent? Were people campaigning this much for Dean Cain to be the big screen Superman?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not convinced Miller has mental illness. The crimes they have committed and things they're accused of are deliberate actions. I think they are deprived not in need of help.
    Nothing about Miller sounds remotely sane. I think anyone who is an alleged cult leader is mentally unstable.

Mighty Member

Since Ezra Miller did reshoots on Flash with WB, wouldn't WB be in the position of aiding and abetting a felon?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I really don't get this thinking. Gustin is a mediocre CW actor from a pretty bad show. Not only can he not carry a big movie, he plays an entirely different version of the character with a decade of continuity. I'm not sure what else you expect him to bring to the role after so long of him doing it. There's nothing fresh or new to that. Its just so boring.

Don't get me wrong, Miller has to go, but why is it so hard to imagine a new actor that's actually decent? Were people campaigning this much for Dean Cain to be the big screen Superman?
    I think that's a major disservice to Grant Gustin and the good points of the show and I say this as someone who doesn't need to see him as the movie Flash. But I'd still call him a better Flash than Miller's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's a major disservice to Grant Gustin and the good points of the show and I say this as someone who doesn't need to see him as the movie Flash. But I'd still call him a better Flash than Miller's.
    At this point if I were Grant Gustin I would be looking to get as far from WB as I could get.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If Miller was on the run from authorities while filming the movie it could lead to some trouble for Warners. Yes, a lot of other people worked on the movie but I cant see any of them being happy to be associated with Miller at this point, were it me...I would be happy to have the movie quietly disappear no matter what I played. It is sad though...Michael Keaton back in the Batman suit would be something to behold in action.
    I also cant see WB cancelling Batgirl in an effort to protect the DC brand and letting this continue on...yeah, it's a lot of money to "waste" but the tarnishing of the brand seems to be so much more important at this point.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rs-1235196919/

Warner Bros. Weighing Fate of ‘The Flash’ as Its Ezra Miller Problem Grows

The studio ponders three paths forward for the expensive DC film, with a worst case — if unlikely — scenario including the project being scrapped.

A source with knowledge of the situation says the studio appears to be preparing for three possible scenarios.

First, Warners has received indications that the 29-year-old Miller, whose mother has accompanied the actor in recent days, will seek professional help after returning home to their farm in Vermont after being away. If that help happens, Miller, who goes by they/them pronouns, could give an interview at some point explaining their erratic behavior over the past few years. The actor could then do limited press for The Flash, and the movie would open in cinemas as planned.

The second scenario: Even if Miller doesn’t reach out for help, Warners could still release the film. But don’t expect Miller to play a prominent role in terms of marketing and publicity. Nor would Miller be The Flash going forward, as the role would be recast in future projects.

The third case: Things go from bad to worse, with the situation with Miller deteriorating. This would see Warners killing the movie outright, as it could not be reshot with a different actor. Miller plays multiple characters and is in almost every scene. Scrapping a $200 million film would be an unprecedented move.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Ezra’s mother was a accompanying them during the reshoots. Maybe she’s the only one who can keep them under control. If his mental health is continuing to deteriorate maybe they need a conservatorship.

Prevent them from hurting other and themself.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Since Ezra Miller did reshoots on Flash with WB, wouldn't WB be in the position of aiding and abetting a felon?
    No because Ezra is not a felon.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They can’t axe the film this is suppose to launch the new film universe
    Honest question: Does anyone actually plan to still watch this movie after everything that's come out? I don't. Smallville was one of my favorite shows and I still can't re-watch it after the whole Allison Mack thing. I'm not terribly attached to the DCEU to begin with and am not happy they are replacing Superman. But this is just unacceptable. Now they are doing reshoots WHILE Miller was on the run from the cops? Seriously, where's the line? I don't know that I want anything to do with anything that comes after this either.
    Assassinate Putin!

3 is sounding more and more like the best option. At this point I’m just hoping this whole thing doesn’t end in a tragedy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Honest question: Does anyone actually plan to still watch this movie after everything that's come out? I don't. Smallville was one of my favorite shows and I still can't re-watch it after the whole Allison Mack thing. I'm not terribly attached to the DCEU to begin with and am not happy they are replacing Superman. But this is just unacceptable. Now they are doing reshoots WHILE Miller was on the run from the cops? Seriously, where's the line? I don't know that I want anything to do with anything that comes after this either.
    All of this. I can't send WB the message that they can profit from this.

And on a much more personal and base level, I would just feel icky.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I can't watch Star Trek: The Motion Picture because of their own problems with casting. But at least that hadn't even happened back when that movie came out.

WBD is going to go with the first option, don’t kid yourselves otherwise. Will it backfire? Probably. But that they’ve invested so much in Flash makes it clear they’re hoping good critical reception will overshadow Miller’s past.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/