Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Actual Zeus Status

Hello,

I would like to ask what Zeus ACTUAL Status is, did he return to life or is he still dead or?

Last we saw Zeus, he was a disembodied spirit in #45 after dying in #37. However, that was in Robinson's run, and status of the run in the current continuity is unclear.

So right now I guess he is as dead as a god in a superhero story can be. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he appears in Wilson's run, fit as a fiddle.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I would like to ask what Zeus ACTUAL Status is, did he return to life or is he still dead or?
    Answer unclear. Try again later.

He pops up briefly in a flashback with Cassie 'one month ago' which is the most recent appearance of him and would suggest hes still alive.
    On top of that, Wilsons run established the gods rebooting, with a dead Ares coming back to life in a new body and left roaming the Earth. So in theory he could have come back to life too.

All I know is I don't want to see him. The only storyline he appeared in I enjoyed was the Bronze Doors where he finally gets dethroned. Other than that he was always a serial sexual harasser, coming down from the mountain top with proclamations that had adverse repercussions for Diana and the Amazons, or being ineffectual as the King of the Gods and getting his ass handed to him. Let him stay dead.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 05-27-2019 at 10:33 AM.

As a follow up: has everything about Azzarello's run regarding the Gods has been retconned out? Like Zeus being in baby Zeke's body, the way the Gods were designed/looked, WW's various siblings from that run (Lennox, Milan, etc.)?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    As a follow up: has everything about Azzarello's run regarding the Gods has been retconned out? Like Zeus being in baby Zeke's body, the way the Gods were designed/looked, WW's various siblings from that run (Lennox, Milan, etc.)?
    Yes it appears to be all gone. Those stories happened because the gods were trying to distract Diana from finding Themyscira and inadvertently freeing Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    DC wanted to keep daddy!Zeus around, and got Orlando and Robinson to stick to the script, but Rucka and Wilson seem set to ignore it, and get away to it.

I do think there were some of designs that Chiang and Akins came up with were interesting, but I guess the bad taste of that run stick around to that as well. Aquaman didn't use the great Poseidon design in Drowned Earth.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    DC wanted to keep daddy!Zeus around, and got Orlando and Robinson to stick to the script, but Rucka and Wilson seem set to ignore it, and get away to it.

I do think there were some of designs that Chiang and Akins came up with were interesting, but I guess the bad taste of that run stick around to that as well. Aquaman didn't use the great Poseidon design in Drowned Earth.

I won't miss Hermes, Poseidon, Demeter or Athena but will Hades, Apollo, Artemis and Strife.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    All I know is I don't want to see him. The only storyline he appeared in I enjoyed was the Bronze Doors where he finally gets dethroned. Other than that he was always a serial sexual harasser, coming down from the mountain top with proclamations that had adverse repercussions for Diana and the Amazons, or being ineffectual as the King of the Gods and getting his ass handed to him. Let him stay dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Answer unclear. Try again later.

He pops up briefly in a flashback with Cassie 'one month ago' which is the most recent appearance of him and would suggest hes still alive.
    On top of that, Wilsons run established the gods rebooting, with a dead Ares coming back to life in a new body and left roaming the Earth. So in theory he could have come back to life too.
    I knew that about Cassie, I was asking, because I would have liked to see what the amulett is able to do...AND!!!he could also be the key to solve the Rebirth Mysterium since he still recognized Cassie, while others forgot her...

So WHEN Diana and Cassie meet he could show the JL the lost memories...It works better than the Young Justice Zatanna Version....

I have also to say that I REALLY REALLY liked Zeus in YJ, he was like the funny Grandpa to Cassie....

For the Amazons I have to say that I like Zeus more than the Amazons, becasue sometimes like in the Wonder Woman 2009 Movie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2009_film)
    you see also the failures of Hippolyta and the Amazons and I always HATED the Amazons especially Diana, because they always talked about how perfect everything is, but like in the film above Persephone was right stating that with closing Themyscira they also took the possibility from the Amazons to fall in Love and have kids..
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-27-2019 at 11:23 PM.

This is why I like the idea of a reason why they have to block themselves. I mean Ares or the doom gate they have to be careful. I wouldn't mind if a few amazons leaving ever now and then. That there should be a threat. Now this is where why are there any women on the Island? It could also be the simple fact many didn't want to have children and the few that did had daughters. The few amazons who had sons just left the island.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-28-2019 at 08:13 PM.

IIRC, when Cassie met him in the pages of Young Justice and he talked about being her grandgodfather, there was an editor's note that the conversation happened prior to the events in Wonder Woman when Grail and Darkseid offed Heracles and Zeus in Robinson's run.

So, he may return yet with all the current craziness and rebirth of some Olympians in GWW's run.

It's odd that DC wants to have their cake and eat it too with Zeus and Diana, regarding the New 52 origin. They kinda sorta let it be true because of Azz's origin and the movie, but don't directly deal with it since Rebirth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is why I like the idea of a reason why they have to block themselves. I mean Ares or the doom gate they have to be careful. I wouldn't mind if a few amazons leaving ever now and then. That there should be a threat. Now this is where why are there any women on the Island? It could also be the simple fact many didn't want to have children and the few that did had daughters. The few amazons who had sons just left the island.
    It could also be do the fact that they simply NEVER had the chance to meet Man etc. they are full of prejudice, like you see everytime with Diana or also Hippolyta and other Amazons...

I knew that about Cassie, I was asking, because I would have liked to see what the amulett is able to do...AND!!!he could also be the key to solve the Rebirth Mysterium since he still recognized Cassie, while others forgot her...

So WHEN Diana and Cassie meet he could show the JL the lost memories...It works better than the Young Justice Zatanna Version....

I have also to say that I REALLY REALLY liked Zeus in YJ, he was like the funny Grandpa to Cassie....

For the Amazons I have to say that I like Zeus more than the Amazons, becasue sometimes like in the Wonder Woman 2009 Movie
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2009_film)
    you see also the failures of Hippolyta and the Amazons and I always HATED the Amazons especially Diana, because they always talked about how perfect everything is, but like in the film above Persephone was right stating that with closing Themyscira they also took the possibility from the Amazons to fall in Love and have kids..
    And the Amazons actually admitted they were wrong and learned from their mistakes which is more than can be said for Zeus. And none of them threatened to sink an islamd because somebody refused their advances.

It could also be do the fact that they simply NEVER had the chance to meet Man etc. they are full of prejudice, like you see everytime with Diana or also Hippolyta and other Amazons...
    Except they have met men before. And it wasn't a pleasant experience for the Amazons who ended up persecutec, slandered, enslaved and raped with the men who treated them like crap, like Heracles, being revered as great heroes.

It's not really being prejudicial when you're questioning, challenging, and stopping prejudiced people from being and acting prejudicially.